Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Help me find this squeak

Hey guys, my car has close to 60,000 miles and this is the very first "issue" I've had. I'm currently away at school so I'm not free to tinker with the car at the very moment but will be looking at it ASAP. I'd like to get some insight on what to check first and such. I'm getting this weird squeak from the driver's side rear. The problem is that I don't necessarily know exactly when it's doing it. I know that if I hit the brakes and release them rapidly it squeaks. When the car hits uneven road, it squeaks. Kinda weird if you ask me. There's no aftermarket stuff back there besides trailing arms and pedders springs. I, of course, thought it might be that but I already put it on the lift to check that and the trailing arms are as solid as can be. I also noticed today that it seems to squeak when the rear compresses or rocks. Don't know if that's relevant. Any ideas?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
Best way to do this is get down there with a flash light and have a big friend rock the rear end up and down pretty aggressively. This is how I figured out numerous squeaks. First time the end links needed to be tightened, second time it was a bolt on the control arms, and third time it was the sway bar bushings needed greasing.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
As it gets colder bushings harden and start to make noise as the suspension articulates. I'd bet on the sway bar bushings. One more reason to install that Pedders rear sway bar.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..shocks and/or springs?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by San2cci View Post
Best way to do this is get down there with a flash light and have a big friend rock the rear end up and down pretty aggressively. This is how I figured out numerous squeaks. First time the end links needed to be tightened, second time it was a bolt on the control arms, and third time it was the sway bar bushings needed greasing.
I'm definitely going to be trying this this weekend that I'm going to have some time to work on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
As it gets colder bushings harden and start to make noise as the suspension articulates. I'd bet on the sway bar bushings. One more reason to install that Pedders rear sway bar.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
This was exactly my thinking. I thought it might be a sway bar bushing problem. I thought about fixing it with installing my rear pedders bar which I will probably do. If I do this, I'd be eliminating sway bar bushings and LCA's as suspects right? That'd leave springs, trailing arms and toe rods if it's indeed a suspension issue. Anyone got any other ideas?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote