Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #15
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
Does anyone know how the MACH-X sounds compared to the Magnaflow Competition series? I got to ride in a car with the Magnaflow Competition today, sounded great, but the 5" tips look a little to big in my opionion. So, I am swaying towards the MACH-X. I definately don't want it to be any louder than the Magnaflow, it had plenty of volume.
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #16
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Camaro View Post
Does anyone know how the MACH-X sounds compared to the Magnaflow Competition series? I got to ride in a car with the Magnaflow Competition today, sounded great, but the 5" tips look a little to big in my opionion. So, I am swaying towards the MACH-X. I definately don't want it to be any louder than the Magnaflow, it had plenty of volume.
I would say, from what I heard, the MACH X is a bit quieter, but definitely smoother!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #17
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion View Post
Hey Steve,
Are there any power gains with the Axle Backs,I see the Mach X has decent gains what about the Quantum on the LS3.
Hey Albion,

I can answer that since I was involved in the original development of the 2 LS3 Kits. When the guys at SOLO switched out to the Quantum, it felt like the throttle response was quite a bit better and when under WOT it definitely felt more "OPENED UP", probably like a 5-8HP gain. Then when they switched to the MACH X, between the X Resonator and the Straight Mirrored pipe, I am guessing that was around a 15-20HP gain!

If you just want to get rid of the mufflers, get better sound, and spend less, that QUantum is the way to go. If you want better performance, VERY SMOOTH Sound, and a much lighter system......THE MACH X!! At $750 it really is not that expensive compared to other systems!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #18
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

It is so cool to see you guys enjoying the system as much as me. In the beginning it was just me singing the praises and you guys trusted my review and SOLO's quality and it paid off. I love helping my fellow car brothers!

ENJOY THE SOLO..............THE PLEASURE NEVER ENDS!!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #19
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
THE PLEASURE NEVER ENDS!! [/QUOTE]

It just keeps getting better and better!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #20
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Mach X System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Just got back from a short trip over the weekend and I can say that cruising at 55-60 in 5th gear or 60-75 in 6th absolutly NO drone! The only time it even gets close to drone is in 4th or 5th gear going uphill and laboring the engine, then it gets a little louder but not really droning. Overall I'm very impressed, great idle sound, fantastic WOT sound and very clean exotic muscle car sound overall!
I get some drone 1800 - 2000 RPM in 4th and 5th gears if you lingger at the RPM. If you power through it, it's not too bad.
But I just love the sound, & the power. I recommend it.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #21
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post

I get some drone 1800 - 2000 RPM in 4th and 5th gears if you lingger at the RPM. If you power through it, it's not too bad.
But I just love the sound, & the power. I recommend it.
At the 1800 - 2000 RPM I think anything louder than stock resonates deeper, like that.

I define drone more as that constant deep tone bellowing that gets in your head. My SKY's Magnaflow drones like mad at highway speeds, but since the top is down there is no cabin for the sound to resonate, so I tolerate it until I feel like spending a few bucks to replace it with a SKY SOLO system!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
Albion

Drives: IOM 1ss
Thanks XMicro,good info.
My dilemma is that i want to also run a Noweeds Diverter and i cant run a Mach X with it,only an axle back.Reason is,i want a decent sound plus a performance gain when the Diverter is closed.Plus of course to bin the ugly OE muffler.
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Thanks XMicro,good info.
My dilemma is that i want to also run a Noweeds Diverter and i cant run a Mach X with it,only an axle back.Reason is,i want a decent sound plus a performance gain when the Diverter is closed.Plus of course to bin the ugly OE muffler.
The QUantum Axle back should be fine for you!

Good Luck and cheers!
Old 11-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #24
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Quote:
Thanks XMicro,good info.
Our Quantum Axle-Back would be perfect for your needs. The NoWeeds setup is really cool. Our axle-back would compliment it well. Contact me via PM or call me at 516-655-9002. They are currently $449, plus a group buy discount for the next week or so.
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote