Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I would love to get an olds vista cruiser.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #16
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
wagons were ugly but new ones aren't bad. Magnums(i know its a dodge) were kinda cool, i liked the mailbu maxx and the nomad concept would be awesome to see in person. So would the G8 Wagon.

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
derf

Drives: 04 GTO
Man, I miss my old 77 Caprice wagon. It got me through high school and most of college. It was faded orange with the anemic 305 that hadn't seen a tuneup in about 100K miles. It's a good thing it had that engine or I would have killed myself with it.

That thing could fit 6 of us in the fraternity with 4 kegs in the back. And the beer store/gas station we went to had free air so I could jack up the air shocks in the back to handle all that weight. Those were the days...
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #18
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I love the look of the Chrysler #00C Wagon we have here in Europe. Baddest looking wagon on the road.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #19
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Nope. Never liked 'em. They've been replaced by the minivan, which I also dislike. No style.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Man, I miss my old 77 Caprice wagon. It got me through high school and most of college. It was faded orange with the anemic 305 that hadn't seen a tuneup in about 100K miles. It's a good thing it had that engine or I would have killed myself with it.

That thing could fit 6 of us in the fraternity with 4 kegs in the back. And the beer store/gas station we went to had free air so I could jack up the air shocks in the back to handle all that weight. Those were the days...
LOL! You too? My first car was the family orange-with-fake-wood-grain-siding '78 Caprice Estate Wagon. 'Thing was loaded for its time with vinyl seats (can't count the amount of times growing up and nearly burning my a** on those!), power windows and locks, cruise control, etc. Ours could have legally seated 8 with the backward-facing 3rd-row seat; I'm surprised you said you only fit 6 in yours, but with 4 kegs, that makes sense)... But man, was it slow and a gas-hog (11 MPG)! What was more embarrassing than driving it to school was wrecking it in front of school on the way there one time; haha (laughing now, but it wasn't funny then 'cuz I rear-ended a lady who stopped to turn left with her little kids in the back; TG I didn't hit 'em too hard and they were alright). Until then, I thought the thing was an indestructible tank. Unfortunately, what I got to replace it wasn't much better, but an improvement (and it lasted me through college; I once squeezed 8 in this smaller sucker)--a used, but well-cared-for, s**t-brown '86 Cavalier wagon (thanks, Dad).
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #21
derf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
LOL! You too? My first car was the family orange-with-fake-wood-grain-siding '78 Caprice Estate Wagon. 'Thing was loaded for its time with vinyl seats (can't count the amount of times growing up and nearly burning my a** on those!), power windows and locks, cruise control, etc. Ours could have legally seated 8 with the backward-facing 3rd-row seat; I'm surprised you said you only fit 6 in yours, but with 4 kegs, that makes sense)... But man, was it slow and a gas-hog (11 MPG)! What was more embarrassing than driving it to school was wrecking it in front of school on the way there one time; haha (laughing now, but it wasn't funny then 'cuz I rear-ended a lady who stopped to turn left with her little kids in the back; TG I didn't hit 'em too hard and they were alright). Until then, I thought the thing was an indestructible tank. Unfortunately, what I got to replace it wasn't much better, but an improvement (and it lasted me through college; I once squeezed 8 in this smaller sucker)--a used, but well-cared-for, s**t-brown '86 Cavalier wagon (thanks, Dad).
There were a few of those heaps at my school. And yea, I could fit 8 comfortably with no kegs. But one time when I was there for a weekend event, we crammed close to 20 high school kids in to that beast for a run down the street for lunch. There were at least 4 of us in the front seat and I couldn't see a thing through the center rear view mirror.

Mine had the cloth seats, which was much better than that crappy vinyl. Did yours have that stupid fuel economy gauge on it? It was nothing more than a vacuum gauge really. I never did pay attention to the mileage that thing got. I made enough money to pay for all the gas I needed.

I drove that thing until it developed a shimmy on the freeway. After that, I inherited the '81 Bonneville which had the brougham package and was pretty upscale. I drove that until I bought my own car about a year after graduating college when I bought a '91 Chevy Beretta. Not a terribly bad, if uninspiring, basic car.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #22
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
A mileage guage 30 years ago? 'Didn't even know they had those back then, so no, ours didn't have that and that's probably a good thing 'cuz if you really knew what the mileage was, you' d be saying '' WTF?!'' That thing could barely get 140 miles/tank towards the end of its life! haha.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Wagons will make a comeback with CAFE, like it or not.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #24
derf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
A mileage guage 30 years ago? 'Didn't even know they had those back then, so no, ours didn't have that and that's probably a good thing 'cuz if you really knew what the mileage was, you' d be saying '' WTF?!'' That thing could barely get 140 miles/tank towards the end of its life! haha.
It was just an "economy" gauge. It didn't tell you what your mileage was. It just was a vacuum gauge that told you "good" or "poor" or something like that. All it told you was how close your foot was to the floor.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #25
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Unhappy

While i really liked the Magnum and the upcoming CTS wagon and the possible upcoming G8 wagon are nice. I miss the ones that had full frames and V8 power and had room for 7-8 people depending if it had the 3rd row 'way back' seat. you just dont see late 70s to early 90 to mid 90s rear drive wagons anymore unless you live in a area with no road salt in winter which caused those old cars to rust to nothingness :(.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #26
phmaximus

Drives: old & rusted
hey guys just surfing the net & found this thread, im i Australia & rear wheel drive wagons are still very common. the to main brands are HOLDEN(GM) & FORD these all come out rear wheel drive & optional V8 (except XF FALCON)

here are a few

Its rare to see these nowdays

GM

FORD

these are still around, not to many now, common in the lower income areas

GM

FORD

These are very common in in the same areas

GM

FORD

here is the main wagons u see
GM

Ford

this is the new preformance ones

GM

Ford
N/a

well phew i did it, well i hope this helps, oh the 1998 & later GM/holden wagons can be optioned with the gen3 5.7l, gen4 6.0l & 6.2l
phmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote