Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #57
remjay

Drives: 94 Celica
Quote:
Originally Posted by gred04 View Post
Well technically it is a 25k car at msrp with nothing added. You add tax,title, and license and your getting pretty close to 30k. As you cant get around those that is the true cost of this model.
Where do you live that TTL is upwards of 20% of 20,000$ car?
remjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #58
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
You have a blank canvas that you can personalise to your liking.Have fun with it,you might get addicted.
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #59
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
Ok I have had my 1lt Camaro now for almost a month and I gotta say the interior is disappointing. I feel like I would have been more satisfied with a 2lt interior but the point is I shouldn't have to pay that much extra for a decent interior in an almost $30,000 car. I was already upset that I wasnt going to have the four pack gauges in the center of the car but then I get the car and you mean to tell me that the steering wheel and shifter aren't at least leather wrapped but are hard plastic? I'm sorry but all of these cars should have leather wrapped steering wheels and shifter's as standard not as an add on on the 2lt. You should still be able to have a leather wrapped steering wheel with shifter regardless if your interior is cloth or not. Really the gauge pack should come automatic on all of them too but the steering wheel & shifter is a no brainer.
Its just sad when I had a lower model 04 Eclipse GS not even a high end one that I payed less for than this car and it had a leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter that was standard on the car even without it being a top model why couldn't GM do the same with this car? Instead now I have a hard plastic steering wheel and shifter and not the smooth leather feel of my 04 Eclipse. Not to mention my Camaro has been driven very very little and still squeeks when going in reverse a problem I never have had with a new car before. It seems like GM makes you pay more for little things and imports are including them as standard in their cars. And no one can say im being biased because I am just telling what I have seen so far from cars I have owned and giving facts.
There has to be a cutoff on trim levels/prices somewhere! Perhaps you should have bought another import instead of a new Camaro if you feel that the imports offer you more value. Perhaps Chevy should have built nothing but the 2SS version and loaded it with every option available, then you could have complained about it's 40k plus price point. I've always bought my vehicles with the options I wanted, if it was not on the lower priced model I moved up the price scale until everything I wanted was there. The bottom model in anybody's model lineup does not have every feature and option, that's just reality.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #60
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
Please name the imports STANDARD with 425 H.P. ?
Talking about features, not horsepower. That said, the STANDARD Camaro only has 304hp.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #61
Lessk
Repeat after me....

Drives: 1969 Chevy Camaro
Seriously, they make base models cheaper for a reason. They can sell a lot of them and they are typically bought by rental car places. You expected too much.

Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.
Lessk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #62
MajikMD

Drives: 2SS/RS, 6spd, IOM, blk hockey
If you think that your interior is
bland and cheap, then take a look at a Dodge Challenger. You will appreciate what you got. Even the srt8 version has the same knobs an buttons that are in my 2007 Ram 2500 diesel pickup.
MajikMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #63
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikMD View Post
If you think that your interior is
bland and cheap, then take a look at a Dodge Challenger. You will appreciate what you got. Even the srt8 version has the same knobs an buttons that are in my 2007 Ram 2500 diesel pickup.
I have a Challenger and actually like the interior. Just because it shares some knobs and buttons doesn't mean it's cheap. imho, while unique, the Camaro dash looks a more plastic and cheap than the Challenger...especially the whole radio/climate control combo.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #64
SAM

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & '86 IROC
Ordering cars from factory you need to do your homework before hitting the dealership. Compare all models of the car and look for standard options and the extras. I knew exactly what I was ordering and in fact when I went to the car show knew more about the car and options than the GM rep. Paperwork in hand and kept up to date on changes being made in the factory. You pay for what you want. My choice was easy - full loaded 2SS manual. The hard decision was the color. Interior is good (not gawdy). Perhaps they could have done more but sometimes "less is better".
SAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #65
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFH View Post
I think the C&C option package should be a standard feature on the 1LT Camaro.
and then the msrp would be about the price of adding the C&C. And for those who don't want it, they'd be complaining they wanted a no frills base car for modding it the way they want.....

PS to the OP - pay to play. It was obviously an expensive lesson...

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #66
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Yeah since when is a 1lt almost 30,000? You can't count taxes amd fees because that's charged on every model and different everywhere you go. Sounds like your only real complaint is leather wheel and shifter, I mean are you serious? You knew what the options were ahead of time didn't you? If you didn't you should of researched better before you committed your money. GM is not Mitsubishi amd a camaro is not a eclipse, I would much rather have a rubber steering wheeled camaro than a leather wrapped eclipse.

I have a 1LT and it was $28500 sticker...so yea, thats almost 30k...but i had the C+C package, RS, Chrome door sills, cargo mat, car cover, etc so i had a lot of extras, only no leather or gauge pack and thats the only difference from my 1LT and a 2LT i think
Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #67
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I had a 1lt on order then switched to a 2lt for $3000 more.

For 3 grand having USB, heated leather, better stereo, ambient lighting, console gauges, auto dim heated mirrors, slightly useful cargo net all seemed like a steal.

Would have had remote start as well if Id have went with the auto.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #68
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
If you think its too much than you cannot afford it my friend. You got a v6 304hp car with 29mpg for not much more than your eclipse. Either way even if you paid 18k for your eclipse who cares look at the difference in concept styling and most advance engine technology. You should have just got the 2LT/RS period! It is only 30k! ONLY! I got mine at 29,965 2LT/RS/AUTO no other added options other than what comes with that order format. I paid 500 more making it 30,465 plus t,t,and l. I dunno about you but to me that was wayyyyy more than worth it for this ride.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #69
WySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
You ordered the car, you should have known the equipment at that point. When you called the dealer to add the c&c and were told its too late you should have passed at that point and ordered another one with the equipment you wanted. Not only did you order the Camaro but you took delivery of it without the options you actually wanted. You are the only one to blame, suck it up or sell it. And remember "Buy cheap and buy twice".
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #70
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dursin View Post
Talking about features, not horsepower. That said, the STANDARD Camaro only has 304hp.
My bad.

Who has the better feaures for for the same money or less.

Also what are they.
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote