Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Who's holding out for the Supercharged LSA?

Or whatever version of the LS9, LSA, LS8 the 5th Gen Camaro will get???

And What are your plans. Leave it stock, bump it up, What's the hp numbers you ultimately want out of the beast?

Spill it!!

I said it in an earlier thread. I won't be getting many interior or exterior options. But I will have all the suspension and power upgrades I can afford. I'll probably order mine a year or so after they hit the streets.

Once I get it I am shooting for 600 rwhp by the time I'm done. Hopefully the bottom end will hold that much without putting LS9 internals into it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
YOU KNOW I HAVE TO VOTE!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Or whatever version of the LS9, LSA, LS8 the 5th Gen Camaro will get???

And What are your plans. Leave it stock, bump it up, What's the hp numbers you ultimately want out of the beast?

Spill it!!

I said it in an earlier thread. I won't be getting many interior or exterior options. But I will have all the suspension and power upgrades I can afford. I'll probably order mine a year or so after they hit the streets.

Once I get it I am shooting for 600 rwhp by the time I'm done. Hopefully the bottom end will hold that much without putting LS9 internals into it.
I'm hopeful for an LSA. In that senario, I'm a little worried about the cast pistons, but I'm sure GM will make sure they'll suffice.

I'd like to stick with easy bolt-on power and stay within my crappy State's smog laws, which suck something aweful. That means a pulley, CAI, catback, and tune. I'd like to get around 550 RWHP and I think that shouldn't be too hard with this hardware and still be reliable. I think, I too, will go light on the options that don't give me performance. I'd really only like privacy glass, leather interior, a manual tranny, the shortest gears, biggest rubber, maybe a sunroof, and good climate control (dual zone if possible.) I might see about any GM ground effects or something, but I don't think this car really needs much in the appearance department.

I'll take mine in the darkest blue or black with black or dark gray interior. Before the end of 2011 is my timeframe

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 06-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Base V8, if i want it supercharged (which it probably will be eventually), I will go with a custom whipple kit.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

I BET GM will have superchargers available through GMPP if they don't go with a supercharged model down the line. There was a TVS 1900 (the same one on the CTS-V) that was just made for 6.0L G8s that fit great. It made good power too. I'd be looking at that if I couldn't get, or afford, a top dog model.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
I am sure I will not have the patience needed to wait the extra year for a S/C version. I think I will just go ahead and do it myself. I am hoping that SLP will step in, if not I will use LPE, they have an awesome package for the LS3 Corvettes.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
On one hand I would want a true monster of a Camaro, on the other hand I think supercharger on a V8 is sorta cheating...it all depends on what's avaiable when I can afford to buy the Camaro and what I think sounds the nicest.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Emher, I don't know if you driven a supercharged car or not. I would HIGHLY recommend you test drive the blown version if you can... Just to be sure you don't like it... My guess is it will be a very lasting impression.

Not to start a blown vs turbo fight. But supercharges "feel" very different than turbos do when behind the wheel.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #9
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I BET GM will have superchargers available through GMPP if they don't go with a supercharged model down the line. There was a TVS 1900 (the same one on the CTS-V) that was just made for 6.0L G8s that fit great. It made good power too. I'd be looking at that if I couldn't get, or afford, a top dog model.
I've alway done the aftermarket when it comes to performance parts. But I may keep this one all GM if I can get the numbers I want. Isn't GMPP stuff typically more expensive???
Old 06-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #10
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Would I like the "demented" top end V8? You betcha. I think it's going to be out of the price range of a lot of people though, including myself.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #11
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
See I'm having a crisis. I want the super-charged Camaro worse than anything. I'll wait for it to come out. However, I love the way the V8 looked going around the track at Nurenburg(if that was the V8). I just like to get the best deal. According to some rumor, and I hate speculation, it seems that the SC V8 will not have AFM. The standard V8 will giving me a little more room to breath with the gas prices and I pray that some can be done about gas prices by the time this car is released or there will won't be much talk about owning a SC Camaro. With my Current income I'll be fine owning the SC V8 Camaro. But, if gas prices go up even more, I don't think I'll be getting the Top Dog. I'm really down about gas prices. Most guys in here at on average of 10 years younger than me. That puts you guys at about 19 to 21 years old. I've got a wife, kid, and mortgage. Every dollar counts. I'll be 30 when this car comes out. I want that SC V8! I thought I had this economy thing figured out. I need a pep talk guys!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #12
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
honestly.

i just want the car already.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
See I'm having a crisis. I want the super-charged Camaro worse than anything. I'll wait for it to come out. However, I love the way the V8 looked going around the track at Nurenburg(if that was the V8). I just like to get the best deal. According to some rumor, and I hate speculation, it seems that the SC V8 will not have AFM. The standard V8 will giving me a little more room to breath with the gas prices and I pray that some can be done about gas prices by the time this car is released or there will won't be much talk about owning a SC Camaro. With my Current income I'll be fine owning the SC V8 Camaro. But, if gas prices go up even more, I don't think I'll be getting the Top Dog. I'm really down about gas prices. Most guys in here at on average of 10 years younger than me. That puts you guys at about 19 to 21 years old. I've got a wife, kid, and mortgage. Every dollar counts. I'll be 30 when this car comes out. I want that SC V8! I thought I had this economy thing figured out. I need a pep talk guys!

I'm right there with you. I'm 35 and in Oct I'll have two kids. and two daycare bills..Can you say $1600 a month!!! But, We'll be debt free except the house payment by the time the Top Dog is available and I will give it at least another 6 months after that before I buy.... I do know that AFM isn't available on manual transmissions but we haven't hear for sure it won't be in the S/C motors. My guess is it won't If the CTS-V doesn't have it then we wont. And that is a big bummer for me also. I really wanted AFM. Something else to think about. Maybe get the Base V8 with AFM and see if there is a aftermarket S/C that will integrate with that capability. Good news is you Can't do anything right now so just give it some time and we'll see.

No worries!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Just the Base V-8 for me.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote