Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #15
GOT PSI

Drives: SRT-4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckellyme3 View Post
of course it would be a good idea. and they almost 100% will. it would just suck really bad if you bought an SS, bought a supercharger, paid to have it installed, then 6 months to a year a Z28 come out with it already done.
I wouldn't mind because I'm sure the z28 will cost more than the price of the blower for the SS. Granted the z28 will offer more than just a blower over the SS.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT PSI View Post
I wouldn't mind because I'm sure the z28 will cost more than the price of the blower for the SS. Granted the z28 will offer more than just a blower over the SS.
We hope.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #17
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Haven't you heard? The Z28 comes with a complementary penis extension surgery. Or is that standard on all models... I always get confused...
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #18
GOT PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Haven't you heard? The Z28 comes with a complementary penis extension surgery. Or is that standard on all models... I always get confused...
- Xanthos
Cool, you can never have too much of a good thing. LoL!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #19
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
- Xanthos
All but the V6 models..

Kidding...
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #20
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Ditto The Blur.
Have they done it before? Plus they have to compete with the aftermarket. Of course their prices are generally higher than aftermarket, but are you going to pay for a 10K+ blower kit for your LS3 when you can buy an ATI kit? I find it even more doubtful if they offer a blower on the Z28. Then you would just buy a Z28. I could see them doing a crate motor that comes with a blower, but I doubt we will see them offer just a blower kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It would be a phenomenal idea, but I don't understand why some of you are so certain. Did GMPP offer a supercharger in the past? I'm really rooting for it because Ford offers a kit for their GT that would make it more than a match for the Camaro. I want to stay ahead.

Last edited by RCowan; 08-17-2008 at 10:55 PM.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #21
GOT PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCowan View Post
Ditto The Blur.
Have they done it before? Plus they have to compete with the aftermarket. Of course their prices are generally higher than aftermarket, but are you going to pay for a 10K+ blower kit for your LS3 when you can buy an ATI kit? I find it even less doubtful if they offer a blower on the Z28. Then you would just buy a Z28. I could see them doing a crate motor that comes with a blower, but I doubt we will see them offer just a blower kit.
I know it would be more expensive than aftermarket but it would be covered by warranty. If it is covered by warranty it would be a complete kit to include fuel and a tune of sorts just like the stage kits for the ss/sc balts. If all these things were so I'd get one for around $7K.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #22
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
That's the point. The kit from the aftermarket (not GMPP) will be ~+7k for your shiny new LS3. Just check all the LS1 kits from ATI, etc. So a GMPP kit would probably be 10k. Would you pay it then? The answer to that question determines whether the market would support that. I say no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT PSI View Post
I know it would be more expensive than aftermarket but it would be covered by warranty. If it is covered by warranty it would be a complete kit to include fuel and a tune of sorts just like the stage kits for the ss/sc balts. If all these things were so I'd get one for around $7K.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:20 PM   #23
GOT PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCowan View Post
That's the point. The kit from the aftermarket (not GMPP) will be ~+7k for your shiny new LS3. Just check all the LS1 kits from ATI, etc. So a GMPP kit would probably be 10k. Would you pay it then? The answer to that question determines whether the market would support that. I say no way.
Not for $10K. Now, why a $3K difference? How bout a $1K diff? If done with good R&D and gmpp tunes it properly so it won't lean out, knock, etc. they shouldn't have too much problems with having to fix & replace parts. GM would make a bit of $$$ selling them at $1K over respectable aftermarket kits.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #24
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i got a couple of things to say about this. GMPP will be overpriced for a blower. people then say hey i would pay that for the warranty. thing is that a supercharger has to be proven to be the cause. it doesnt just throw your warranty out. i was talking to my "local" dealer about getting a maggy for my camaro. they will stand behind the warranty on thier own even if gm tried to say that the s/c was the cause. even if it means paying a shop closer to where i live for repairs.

on top of that SEMA is working more with aftermarket performance companies to provide warranties so more people will be comfortable with buying aftermarket parts. in the wake of that pressure magnacharger will also warranty any damage that can be attributed to the s/c as long as it was properly installed.

i personally plan on combining these options buy using the dealer to finance the s/c but installing it at home after i drive it home. only takes 8-12 hours to do it yourself and im sure it will be fun
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:31 AM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
If I could have it put on before taking delivery AND add in the payment to monthly payments, then absolutely!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:24 AM   #26
2kwik
So anxious.

Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
I'd opt for it.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 AM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
If I could have it put on before taking delivery AND add in the payment to monthly payments, then absolutely!

+1
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #28
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It would be a phenomenal idea, but I don't understand why some of you are so certain. Did GMPP offer a supercharger in the past? I'm really rooting for it because Ford offers a kit for their GT that would make it more than a match for the Camaro. I want to stay ahead.
All you have to do is swap the cam in your LS3 and the Mustang will be left in the dust. That cam is AMAZING! I hope GM offers this as an upgrade option when they put the SS on the market. It would save me a lot of blood, sweat, and tears from having to take apart half the car to drop the motor and install one myself. Then again, if they did that, all SS owners would have one and there would be no one to beat in a challenging race!
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote