Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
It sure looks cool but if this $109k ZL1 maintains the stock pistons and the stock 1.9L supercharger then I'll pass.

If it came with forged pistons and a BIG twin screw supercharger like the similarly priced Super Snake's do then you got a chance.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #30
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
It sure looks cool but if this $109k ZL1 maintains the stock pistons and the stock 1.9L supercharger then I'll pass.

If it came with forged pistons and a BIG twin screw supercharger like the similarly priced Super Snake's do then you got a chance.
Who said it was $ 109K? We haven't finalized pricing as of yet as we have we two different levels of the car we are building.

The big boy version will have a fully forged motor (with more displacement) and a larger displacement supercharger system. The supercharger system will also be "specific" for this build and not something that the "tuner" shop purchases from a catalog.

Howard
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #31
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
Do you have other dealerships/shops in CALIFORNIA that are authorized to do the install while maintaining warranty? Shipping the car to Florida and back to Cali is the only thing that hinders me from wanting to move forward with this right now...
At this time we are strictly dealing with Tropical Chevrolet in Miami. When I had the program going in NY we just dealt with the one dealer. It gave us much better control over the program which cut down on BS with customers and made the whole process seamless.

As far as shipping we have a carrier that is top notch that delivers across country.

Howard
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #32
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
The cars will be sold through Tropical Chevrolet in Miami Florida which is also where the warranty will be managed.

HT
Awesome!!! As soon as is done I'll be there to see it- awesome job!!!
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
Quote:
Who said it was $ 109K? We haven't finalized pricing as of yet as we have we two different levels of the car we are building.

The big boy version will have a fully forged motor (with more displacement) and a larger displacement supercharger system. The supercharger system will also be "specific" for this build and not something that the "tuner" shop purchases from a catalog. That sounds EXCITING, so it will feature a never seen before one off supercharger for the LSA?
Howard
Post # 6, 18, and 19

Does your big Boy version still carry the stock parts version warranty and is the big boy version CARB certified?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #34
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
Post # 6, 18, and 19

Does your big Boy version still carry the stock parts version warranty and is the big boy version CARB certified?
No it does not...its not the same power train. We have a specifically outlined warranty structure with the authorized dealer.

CARB certification is pending at this time......its a loooonngg process...

and yes we are also working on a LSA upgraded supercharger.....the LSA and LS9 use a few sensors NOT found on the E38 controlled base car....we didn't want to start cobbing up sensors and controls that are part of the base design intent.

HT
Old 03-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #35
albert222

Drives: amazing, superb
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
If this package is endorsed by GM and carries a factory warranty, I would totally be interested in just the motor work as I'd like to keep the STOCK look on the exterior...total stealth bomber you know!
Yeah! I do agree with you that if the package is really announced by the GM, I would be more interested than other because according to my thoughts Car Shipping is immense responsibility to perform.

Car Shipping - http://www.eztransportcorp.com
albert222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #36
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
As much as we all feel the need to twist knobs......the MRC is pretty well setup from GM. Even if we had access to the control module, without the data acquisition systems GM utilizes we would just be messing up something very slick. This is the latest generation of MRC and is more advanced then the ZR1 and CTSV system.

There will however be other upgrades to the suspension/chassis to improve the cars characteristics as well as strength.

HT
I love the projects that Redline Motorsports has done with 5TH GEN Camaros and especially looking forward to seeing the “ZLR” come to life
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #37
L99

Drives: B On B L99-Gone/SS2
Love the look but something say Ford painted all over it.
L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #38
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
I love the projects that Redline Motorsports has done with 5TH GEN Camaros and especially looking forward to seeing the “ZLR” come to life
Very much appreciate your words. Unfortunately it is a big world out there full of opinions and its IMPOSSIBLE to satisfy every one. We just have certain things we like mixed in with feedback from the industry and just go for it.....there is alot that goes into building a balanced and fully integrated package. Our Dealer Performance Build packages are designed around that idea.

If you want a 1400 hp street car our customs divisions is structured for that. The Camaro is just one model that we enjoy playing with but is not our sole focus......this coming from someone who has three of them.....

Hopefully we can see these base units!

HT
Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #39
Warrior1775

Drives: 2001 Camaro 2SS Conv
Redline Moved from NY?

Just drove by Redline's shop on Guilderland Rd in NY and it looks like they have moved. Does anyone know if they are still in NY or have they moved all operations to FLorida?
Warrior1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #40
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1775 View Post
Just drove by Redline's shop on Guilderland Rd in NY and it looks like they have moved. Does anyone know if they are still in NY or have they moved all operations to FLorida?
I looked up their mailing address and phone number from their website and only shows Pompano Beach, FL.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #41
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Probably a lot closer than we'd hope. This has got to be an additional $25k or so over out the door price of a ZL1 at ~$57k or so. But it looks to be a real Mustang stomper for those that get one. I'd definitely feel no evil from just about any other pony car on the street.

I didn't see anything about a GM warranty. Warranty yes,but who carries it & what are the terms.
I don't know if I would pay 25k extra, for a pulley, exhaust upgrades and a tune.

But that'st just me lol
Old 04-07-2012, 03:16 AM   #42
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Wheels are two weeks out, carbon fiber parts are three weeks out and the power train packaging is 90 percent complete. We really didn't need the car to get this jump. Also note that at the time my PR guys made the release the cars where expected to ship within a week. GMs unexpected hang up was unforeseen.

Either way this program has been in the works since end of mid summer last year.

Howard
So, since the cars have been released, does this mean we'll be seeing the ZLR available within a few weeks from now?

Do you have a ball park figure on what a ZLR would cost?
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote