Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
well it was nice while it lasted, R.I.P 'Bee

Last night I was leaving a friends house heading back onto the island from bluffton on highway 278, a couple days ago one of my friends were telling me how the camaro has a 5 star safety rating in every category and I was impressed but I wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was just getting to the intersection at Buck Island Road and I was doing around 57 mph in the far right lane. I saw this car in the opposite direction making a left turn to turn down buck island road, and wasn't thinking anything of it.

I was assuming they were going to slow down, to check and make sure they were clear to go, next thing I know I look over and their just making the turn, in the middle of the intersection about to hit me head on. I swerved to try to avoid the impact but it was to late. They hit me doing at least 50 mph broad side in the drivers side door. I spun out for a little and landed about 400 ft. Away from the other car in the grass. After realizing what happened I patted myself down to see if anything was broken or anything and then checked on them.

The drivers side door caved in about a foot to two feet, the front tire blew and the whole drivers side was demolished. But I walked out of the car totally unharmed, the only thing is I'm a bit sore from the seat belt but nothing serious. The fire department EMTs arrived and thought they had to cut me out of the wreckage and everyone was amazed at how bad of a wreck it was, but how I was totally unharmed.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone at Chevrolet and everyone ay the camaro5 family, chevy has been in my families blood threw generations and I realized why, they make amazing, safe, gorgeous cars.

I just wanted to say "thank you will all my heart chevy" for your guys smart studying and determination to make a safe car it really paid off for me in my case, you guys saved my life and I can't thank you enough

Last week my friend passed away after loosing control of her BMW and clipped a tree, and I'm fortunate that I was in a camaro during that event if I was in anything else I could of been seriously injured.

Thank you all again, and thank you for your time.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Sorry about your car. But most important is that you are ok
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Thank God you are OK!!!
Sorry about the car but that can be replaced.
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Car will be replaced. Thats why you have insurance, don't let their insurance run you around. Have you company extract your new Camaro from them.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #5
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
thank you all, hopefully ill be able to get a new one time for an upgrade blacked out SS i hope
Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Sooooooo glad you are okay. Hope you have a nice new Camaro really soon. I feel so safe in my Camaro. I have had a really bad accident quite a few years ago and was lucky tiohave been in a prety well built car that saved my life. It didn't hold a candle to the safety of our Camaros. There is nothing better that having that confidence behind the wheel after a bad accident. Don't forget to post pics of your new ride when you get it.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
drobbins2

Drives: '12 ss
that really sucks! but glad you're ok!
drobbins2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Damn bro. Glad nothing happened to you. But like all said you'll be in another one soon.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #9
kannon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/M6
Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to walk away from that. It's amazing how far car safety has come.

kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Wow that sucks. Hope your back on the road in a new 5th gen soon. Glad your all good.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #11
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Glad you are okay and good to see that you will be in another one soon!

Also sorry to hear about your friend. It tuff to lose someone during the holiday season
SlowSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #12
L99SS

Drives: '10 Camaro IOM
It could have ended much worse - glad to see you are alright, bro!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
wow, that definitely sucks, glad your ok
Old 12-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #14
HashimAzzouz

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM ~ 2009 Traverse LT
My God the most important thing that you are ok.. Let's see you in another one soon.. I know it hurts to c your car ripped off like this.. but soon you'll get a better one
HashimAzzouz is offline   Reply With Quote