Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #15
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Two things that bug me the most at car shows. One, people who win with brand new cars. Of course you're going to win, your car is freaking brand new! Two, people who bring their cars to a show and put a car cover on it. Sorry, but this is not the time to cover your car up, you're at a "car show". If you're so concerned about stuff getting on the paint, just leave it back home covered in the garage. We won't miss it.
The_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #16
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Our Steak & Lube just closed. They had some pretty bad shows and the customer service was horrible. Yours sounds better.

They parked a GRT or something real nice in a handicap spot up front and caught a ton of crap for it.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #17
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Sorry to hear nosmr2 that yours closed. The one by me is most always packed. Nice group of people eat and work there. Don't get me wrong everyone has bad days, but for the most part it is a nice time out. I agree they will have to change the car show some what to make it fair and exciting for all. In doing that it will bring in more cars and spectators. This was the first time that I entered, but the second time being at the car show. It seems as if the same cars come and the first time that I went just to look the same car won. So, I will be talking to the manager that runs it and give him some ideas. What he does with them will be up to him.

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #18
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
mmmmmmmm.... White Castle!
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:58 AM   #19
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
mmmmmmmm.... White Castle!
LOL you be surprised on how many people dropped their car off for the show and walked over to the White Castle and ate there instead of at the Lube which was sponsoring the show.

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #20
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
Another rule of car shows is find out two things: 1-who is sponsoring it and 2 who are the judges. Every competition is biased based who is judging. Old farts over 60 are more partial to vehicles that manufactured between 1930-1970's. It reminds them of when they got laid in the back seat or fought in the Vietnam war. If its high school, its about how loud the car is (stereo and exhaust). Middle aged (mid-life-crissers) its all about how much money you can throw into the car. In most cases these guys have deep pockets, own businesses and retired from three or jobs.
It's not always about winning but enjoying the fellowship, meeting people and having fun.
Good Luck
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote