Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Local Marketplace

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Erik@lashway

Drives: Camaros, Vettes, Trucks
Thumbs up A new and easy way to install gears in your 5th Gen Camaro SS!

Lashway Motorsports presents mail order differential and gear swap packages with free shipping!

Want to install aftermarket gears but do not know how?
Don't have a reputable shop to do a PROPER install?
Want to upgrade the differential for added strength and reliability?

LOOK NO FURTHER!

We now offer our services to Camaro owners all over the world. Choose your options, we build and ship the diff, you install, send the core back and that's it! Worry free and hassle free gear swaps! FINALLY.

More info here at our site:

http://www.lashwaymotorsports.com/20...2b42924aa45138

We've installed gears on several 5th gens with excellent results. Hopefully some of those customers will chime in with their own opinions and experiences.

Thanks!

Last edited by Erik@lashway; 06-15-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Erik@lashway

Fine with us my friend...

Best part is we're going to eventually have sets on the shelf...so "while you wait" gear swaps will be in EFFECT!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
LBV

Drives: G8 GXP manual
I think this too is a great idea! A handful of G8 owners have replaced their full diff assemblies with the Camaro ones (it fits apparently).

Having a GXP I already have a 3.70 rear-end but I wonder if the 3.91 would make a noticeable difference??? Anyone moved up .21 or so care to comment?

Also, why not go with the supposedly better 4.11 from Richmond instead of the 4.10?

Zeta platform, LS3,TR6060 tranny ... ya, it's a 4-dr Camaro!

Borla cat-back, H&R springs, & Sprintbooster & I love it!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Erik@lashway

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV View Post
I think this too is a great idea! A handful of G8 owners have replaced their full diff assemblies with the Camaro ones (it fits apparently).

Having a GXP I already have a 3.70 rear-end but I wonder if the 3.91 would make a noticeable difference??? Anyone moved up .21 or so care to comment?

Also, why not go with the supposedly better 4.11 from Richmond instead of the 4.10?

Thank you for your input! Yes, the G8 is built on the same (Zeta) platform as the new Camaro and as a result can accept a few of the same parts from the 5th gen.

As far as the swap from a 3.70 to a 3.90 goes, the gains will not be felt as much obviously as say a 3.42 to a 3.90 or 4.10/11. However, if you have a cam, or other power adding modifications, a lower gear ratio will always compliment them nicely and get those heavy cars moving. Why is the GXP so much fun to drive? 3.70 gears! It's one of the BEST things you can do on these cars.

The 4.10's are readily available for install. We will look into the 4.11s.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in this special!

Closed Thread