Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Trouble for Ohio St. Uh oh!!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...osuprobe030711
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Kinda wishy washy in the fact that they sold stuff, they wernt taking bribes, or points shaving, they pawned some stuff no one missed until told about it. Probably why the lack of intrest on all sides.

Until the owners cries theif
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Kinda wishy washy in the fact that they sold stuff, they wernt taking bribes, or points shaving, they pawned some stuff no one missed until told about it. Probably why the lack of intrest on all sides.

Until the owners cries theif
Lack of interest? There was HUGE interest on this subject in December. 5 players have been suspended due to this from December. NOW, it comes to light that Tressel knew about this in April, even though in December they said they just found out. No, there is gonna be HUGE interest in this as more of this comes to light. NCAA has rules of what you can and cannot do. You may thnk it's wishy washy, but everyone must play by the rules. Looks like to me they hushed it up in April so it would not effect the next season, and then in Dec. said we just found out about it.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
If Tressel doesn't get his contract shredded.. I'll sh!t myself.

Considering what HE did is grounds for getting the axe under NCAA and Contractual agreements with the Univeristy. Read the Columbus Dispatch version of it today and they're agreeing.

Sad, but if the BCS/NCAA have a spine they'd nullify the 2010 season for the Buckeyes. I may love my Buckeyes.. but not when they pull this stuff and get away with it as golden children of NCAA DI football.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i do not see from what we know,that they did anything wrong.they sold their own merchandise.to me it is like selling a set of wheels that you don't want.what is the hig deal?
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
If Tressel doesn't get his contract shredded.. I'll sh!t myself.

Considering what HE did is grounds for getting the axe under NCAA and Contractual agreements with the Univeristy. Read the Columbus Dispatch version of it today and they're agreeing.

Sad, but if the BCS/NCAA have a spine they'd nullify the 2010 season for the Buckeyes. I may love my Buckeyes.. but not when they pull this stuff and get away with it as golden children of NCAA DI football.
If this turns out to be true, it would be big trouble. Zabo, I must say I commend you on your stance with you being a Buckeye fan.
I'm a HUGE Michigan fan so I don't need to tell you how much hatred is between these programs. I love seeing Ohio St. go down, but on the football field, not like this. If indeed he did know of this in April this will be serious.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
i do not see from what we know,that they did anything wrong.they sold their own merchandise.to me it is like selling a set of wheels that you don't want.what is the hig deal?
That is beside the the point. There are NCAA rules against doing that. Rule may be stupid, but it is the rules. In this case now however, it won't be the rules violations, it will be the cover up of when it was known.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Lack of interest?
first I heard about it, but ya couldn't watch cartoons without them buttin in to talk about Cam................
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Tressel gets: $250,000 fine and a 2 game suspension.

...Gordon Gee is a p***y. That is all.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
SEOhioSS

Drives: 2011 Synergy 2SS/RS M6
This was a tiny penalty for Tressel. He may get more penalties from the NCAA though.
SEOhioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #11
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Tressel quotes:

Tressel said he allowed the two players cited in the e-mail to play the entire 2010 season because he did not want to "interfere with a federal investigation" and worried that sitting eligible players would raise a "whole new set of questions."

"I have had a player murdered. I've had a player incarcerated. I've had a player get taken into the drug culture and lose his opportunity for a productive life," an emotional Tressel said, tears welling in his eyes, at a news conference on Tuesday night. "It was obviously tremendously concerning. Quite honestly, I was scared."

Are you freaking kidding me??? Pure BS
Old 03-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #12
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Tressel quotes:

Tressel said he allowed the two players cited in the e-mail to play the entire 2010 season because he did not want to "interfere with a federal investigation" and worried that sitting eligible players would raise a "whole new set of questions."

"I have had a player murdered. I've had a player incarcerated. I've had a player get taken into the drug culture and lose his opportunity for a productive life," an emotional Tressel said, tears welling in his eyes, at a news conference on Tuesday night. "It was obviously tremendously concerning. Quite honestly, I was scared."

Are you freaking kidding me??? Pure BS
Opened the local paper.. consensus: Fire his ass. Brother who is on campus says the university is up in arms over keeping him. I'm willing to be a student boycott could happen for games.

Ohio State: It's all about the Benjamins.. baby.