Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #57
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The 1LE is the option, not a standalone car like the ZL1 or any of the other cars you mentioned.

Besides, if MRC was a superior set up to a hydraulic set up, don't you think GM would have used it on the Z/28 who's purpose was purely track oriented?
Old 12-14-2015, 09:06 PM   #58
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Great point. MRC feel more like a comfort option to me than performance.
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #59
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
Well I'm not waiting to see if they do a 2017 1LE. I'll get the upgraded brakes and the MRC of course NPP and the factory performance CAI. If need be I can have the MRC reprogramed for Better tracking. I'm not a fan of any of the wheels they offer even the LPO! I'll get what is free with the car and upgrade wheels and tires when new tires are needed

Last edited by SkipNWis; 12-14-2015 at 09:58 PM.
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #60
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
The MRC derived from Corvettes and Cadillac CTS-V's is currently used in Ferrari's and several other exotics along with the Shelby GT-350. In my ZL1, I am able to go from a touring soft ride to track stiff with the press of a button. I have ridden in a Z-28 and the MRC in track mode is just as stiff but able to recover quicker. The difference in MRC modes in the C7 Z51 Corvette is even more dramatic. I love my ZL1 but I am looking forward to seeing what the 1LE with 6 piston Brembos, MRC and Recaros will look like.
I own a CTS-V with the magnetic ride and I owned a 2014 1LE before this and the 1LE suspension is FAR superior to the magnetic ride. I can tell even daily driving it.
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:58 PM   #61
Drm2Reality

That's interesting. I found myself always leaving my Z in ptm 4 or 5 anyway...so I was always ready for a quick twisty or fast stretch of road. I think I would prefer to not have MRC on my next Camaro if a track ready suspension package is offered.

It's interesting to note that the GT350 "track pkg" includes MRC...this would make me want to order the base car for sure. I hope GM does not do a similar package because the additional coolers would be great without the MRC.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #62
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
I own a CTS-V with the magnetic ride and I owned a 2014 1LE before this and the 1LE suspension is FAR superior to the magnetic ride. I can tell even daily driving it.
I believe the ctsv uses gen 2 MRC and both the ZL1 and gen6 SS gave gen 3 MRC.

The nice thing about MRC is it allows them to push the 1le further knowing that customers who may have thought it was a tad much can dial it back with the push of a button.

MRC is the suspension to have. I
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:40 PM   #63
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Don't forget that the key to the 1LE was affordability. The bang for the buck... real driving and performance difference for reasonable dollars... was what made the package work. I hope a 6th gen 1LE would repeat that formula, if it does I will trade my 13 for one.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #64
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
I know you spent a lot more time in your 1LE than my 3 laps around the track in a Z28. I have not been in a 1LE so I cannot compare it to my ZL1. My opinion is the MRC in the ZL1 was as good as the suspension in the Z28. The ZL1 hits the curbing without the jarring bounce of the DSSV shocks of the Z28. The ZL1 was just as sure footed around the track and did not exhibit any more body lean than the Z28 when MRC is in Track mode. I have it in two cars and would buy it for my next Camaro without a second thought.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:42 AM   #65
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5_1Le View Post
Does it really make sense to use MRC on a 1le ? I highly doubt they would , I don't think Chevy is worried about how well the 1le is as a DD with the new SS being as good as it is . I think the Fe6 suspension or The DSSV from the z28 will do a much better job then MRC for what the 1le is all about.The 1le is not for everyone and I hope they keep it that way. The 2% as Al O has said .
I don't see why MRC as an option on a 1LE would be an issue. Personally its what I want. I love technology and the benefits to be had from it. I agree DSSV might be marginally better than MRC at 10/10ths on a race track, but we aren't talking about a zero compromises track car that doesn't even have A/C standard (Gen 5 Z/28). I think MRC being on the C7 Z06 is proof enough that it certainly isn't a performance liability. All other things being equal, I think none of us here would be able to notice a performance difference if we drove a MRC and a DSSV car back to back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The 1LE is the option, not a standalone car like the ZL1 or any of the other cars you mentioned.

Besides, if MRC was a superior set up to a hydraulic set up, don't you think GM would have used it on the Z/28 who's purpose was purely track oriented?
Yes if it was superior they would but it isn't. Do you think they would use it if it was almost identical to DSSV performance? I don't, because as you stated it is purely track oriented. No need for MRC just like there is no need for A/C or a stereo.

I think we all are peformance enthusiasts here or we wouldn't be discussing and new 1LE. I personally hope all of the options discussed here are included as just that, options. What about a 1LE suspension package that is springs/roll bars/chassis bracing/wheels/tires. Then additional options for MRC, DSSV, 6 piston brakes, and NPP.

I do disagree with those of you who are acting like the 1LE is a no compromise car. It is. Likely none of us will be trailering the car to track only duty. It will see some daily driving duties, so some would like to have the versatility to use the MRC to dial up a little comfort for longer trips.

I want to have a car that I can do just that. Set it to tour mode and drive to Road Atlanta, VIR, Daytona, or Sebring. Then put it in track mode and blast around for some HPDE laps. To be honest this versatility is also very helpful in convincing the Fiancee that it won't always be an obnoxiously loud stiff riding sports car.
mjk3888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #66
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Every time I see this thread bumped to the top I think someone posted a confirmation for a '17 1LE...LOL.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #67
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Every time I see this thread bumped to the top I think someone posted a confirmation for a '17 1LE...LOL.
I hope GM is seeing the desire for a 2017 1LE. It's going to be hard to hold out for one if they don't do it in 2017. It might be a pipe dream, but I want to pull away from my wedding in on 10/8/16 in my 2017 1LE!!!
mjk3888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #68
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I agree 100%. I love the ride of my 1LE and wouldn't change it at all.
I agree. I'm not sure why I see that the 1LE is no good as a DD everywhere. I live in Western NY and the roads here are in awful shape year round. I like the ride better than the 14 2lt I had. It's stiff but also seems to soak up the bumps better if that makes any sense.
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #69
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I don't see why MRC as an option on a 1LE would be an issue. Personally its what I want. I love technology and the benefits to be had from it. I agree DSSV might be marginally better than MRC at 10/10ths on a race track, but we aren't talking about a zero compromises track car that doesn't even have A/C standard (Gen 5 Z/28). I think MRC being on the C7 Z06 is proof enough that it certainly isn't a performance liability. All other things being equal, I think none of us here would be able to notice a performance difference if we drove a MRC and a DSSV car back to back.

Yes if it was superior they would but it isn't. Do you think they would use it if it was almost identical to DSSV performance? I don't, because as you stated it is purely track oriented. No need for MRC just like there is no need for A/C or a stereo.

I think we all are peformance enthusiasts here or we wouldn't be discussing and new 1LE. I personally hope all of the options discussed here are included as just that, options. What about a 1LE suspension package that is springs/roll bars/chassis bracing/wheels/tires. Then additional options for MRC, DSSV, 6 piston brakes, and NPP.

I do disagree with those of you who are acting like the 1LE is a no compromise car. It is. Likely none of us will be trailering the car to track only duty. It will see some daily driving duties, so some would like to have the versatility to use the MRC to dial up a little comfort for longer trips.

I want to have a car that I can do just that. Set it to tour mode and drive to Road Atlanta, VIR, Daytona, or Sebring. Then put it in track mode and blast around for some HPDE laps. To be honest this versatility is also very helpful in convincing the Fiancee that it won't always be an obnoxiously loud stiff riding sports car.
How much time have you spent behind the wheel of a 1LE? I drive mine every day. Last week, I had to drive 2 hours each way in bumper to bumper traffic for work. I have yet to think my 1LE needs a softer suspension. Most people I come across who don't like the 1LE's ride either never drove one and are just parroting the reviews or test drove one for a few minutes.

The 1LE is the option. Not every car has to cater to every driver. The current 1LE is a low volume option and I haven't seen anything about GM being disappointed in its sales. If the 1LE comes back but it has standard MRC, available auto trans, convertible and they sell ten times as many, I probably won't trade my 15 in for one.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #70
Drm2Reality

I agree. Owned mrc. Spent about 2hrs in a 1le.

It better not be an auto and it better be an mrc option. Not mandatory.