Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2016, 02:45 PM   #85
Shinebrightx

Drives: 2010 Camaro Z/LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geelouise View Post
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your camaro. Hope everything is working out. I do see you have a different spoiler on and was wondering what kind it is? I'm new looking for a few cosmetic mods for my 2011
Its a zl1 spoiler. I think it looks so much better than stock!
Shinebrightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #86
Geelouise

Drives: 2011 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omy8ad View Post
Its a zl1 spoiler. I think it looks so much better than stock!
I'll have to look it up already saw a few members on here with a spoiler like urs. Definitely an eye catcher
Geelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:11 PM   #87
oreduks

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
My wife was at a RED Stop light and got her HHR rear ended by a guy doing 40. $5000K in damage.( He had No Insurance, No Driver lic, Not his car, From a diff Country). Our Insurance paid for it but my wife got dinged because we didn't have uninsured motorist. WE do now... And a diff Ins Co.
oreduks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:19 PM   #88
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreduks View Post
My wife was at a RED Stop light and got her HHR rear ended by a guy doing 40. $5000K in damage.( He had No Insurance, No Driver lic, Not his car, From a diff Country). Our Insurance paid for it but my wife got dinged because we didn't have uninsured motorist. WE do now...
If I got hit by somebody like that I'd pull out all the stops, take him to court and get a judgment against him and take everything he has until he'd paid the full amount--and then some.

I know how to get blood from a turnip so there's no way he'd not pay up. Nobody is judgement proof--I used to collect for the IRS and got the last laugh on guys that taunted me and claimed they had no assets. I found their assets and turned them into cash. You can bet when it gets personal there'd be no mercy.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:01 AM   #89
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
If I got hit by somebody like that I'd pull out all the stops, take him to court and get a judgment against him and take everything he has until he'd paid the full amount--and then some.

I know how to get blood from a turnip so there's no way he'd not pay up. Nobody is judgement proof--I used to collect for the IRS and got the last laugh on guys that taunted me and claimed they had no assets. I found their assets and turned them into cash. You can bet when it gets personal there'd be no mercy.
....just hope that if you got hit by "someone like that," that he don't have that diplomatic immunity card, or he will be last.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:31 PM   #90
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
....just hope that if you got hit by "someone like that," that he don't have that diplomatic immunity card, or he will be last.
Or a low life illegal.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:39 PM   #91
swagner

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
I know a lot of great "illegals"
swagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #92
Shinebrightx

I did find out the boy that hit me only had liability and he told me he still owed on his car since he just got it.. Dunno how it will work out with him but he's screwed lol at least mine will get fixed. Still waiting to here from my shop to see what all they found out about it. So far I've only heard that when it was put in reverse the steering wheel was shaking so bad they had to just leave it alone.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:53 PM   #93
Geelouise

Drives: 2011 v6
Any updates? Really want to see what that diffuser looks like and what tips
Geelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:16 PM   #94
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
I don't get it. Shouldn't your insurance company do the repair for you and they go after the other company? Your insurance company generally is on your side. That is generally what happens here in CA unless your car is liability only in which then you will have to deal with their insurance directly.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:42 AM   #95
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
That kid hit you really hard. I would not be surprised if there is a lot of damage hiding under the relatively uninjured rear end in the photos. Make sure that you use a good repair shop otherwise the gremlins from this hit will show up after you get your car back.

Most states have underinsured motorist coverage for instances just like this. Deadbeat coverage as most refer to it here. Check your policy or talk to your agent. No one here can give you the correct answer.

OEM parts use is usually specific to your insurance policy declaration. Some will cover for aftermarket only and you'll have to flip the bill for the difference in cost between OEM and aftermarket. Some will do full OEM parts replacement for the first 3 years of your new car, etc.

Good luck in your adventures and I'm sorry about your misfortune.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #96
Shinebrightx

There was frame damage done to the car. They pulled the bumper off a few days ago, called and told me they would have to replace it. They are not putting any aftermarket parts, all factory and brand new. I'm also getting quad set up done while its under the knife. Might as well. Already ordered the tips and should be here Monday to get put on! They said they may be done with the car by The 29th.. My insurance didn't have to get involved.. His insurance paid for everything. Sure missing my car though! It's been 16 days
Old 01-25-2016, 11:39 AM   #97
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
I don't get it. Shouldn't your insurance company do the repair for you and they go after the other company? Your insurance company generally is on your side. That is generally what happens here in CA unless your car is liability only in which then you will have to deal with their insurance directly.
No, it's always best to collect from the 3rd party carrier if you can. First there
does not need to be a record of the accident with your company. Second there
is no deductible. Third they owe you for all the equipment on your car in case
there are any exclusions on your policy just to name a few reasons.
There's no time frame to reporting an accident to your insurance company so
always try the responsible parties carrier first. You can always go through your
carrier later if for some reason your not satisfied with their offer.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #98
elmayimbe

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Camaro View Post