Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Shelf life on Adams products?

Is there a shelf life on the Adams product? Will storing these products in a metal shed that gets warm harm them? Should they be stored at room temp?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
All detailing chemicals (not just ours) should be stored at a temp range between 40*-85* roughly. Much beyond that and you risk ruining the products (some chemicals are more temp tolerant than others, but thats the average range) Excessive heat or cold can cause products to melt, separate, change consistency, burst their containers, and simply be rendered useless. Some of the manufacturing processes, like paste wax, involve a hot pour and rapid cool. If its heated up and allowed to melt the components separate out leaving you with pretty much useless wax.

As long as the products are stored properly they'll last you a long time, but we generally recommend never buying more than you'd use in a 12-24 month span simply b/c we are constantly tweaking and updating the line. Sucks when a 'better' product comes out and you're still sitting on 10 gallons of the old stuff LOL
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Thanks for the response. My Lovely Wife has been on me about my Adams product in the laundry room. She wants to know why they cannot go out in the shed. I thought the extreme heat and cold would harm them, but now I know for sure.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote