Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Anyone else have a stupid next door neighbor?

So I have a real thoughtless neighbor, He is either a thoughtless SOB or just plain stupid , They are both "green " to the max , Very lazy , and sloopy and let things go. So Thanksgiving Day , Was 63 degrees here in Wisconsin, Today the wind chill is in the teens, I put the Turkey on the BBQ a real nice 20#er , And it was so nice i thought what the hell ,Wash her ,So i am rushing because i had a bunch of family coming over my house and got it done in a hour, , Was back in the house talking when my neice came in and said what is wrong with your next door neighbor , He has a giant pile of leaves ( Of course he is the only guy who doesnt rake them all up for a mile each direction,) He decieded to Mulch them up in doing so , A giant haze of dust is blowing next door to me and just coating my companys cars and my freshly washed Camaro he had just watched me finish!. I had seen him raking and thought he was sweeping them in the street ,( Which would not do any good because the last pick-up was a week ago!) I walk outside on Thanksgiving trying to cook my Turkey and this guy now is right next to my Camaro and was filling his lawn mower up again with gas , I said to him tryng to not get in to a Hatfield / McCoys fued, Why are you mowing your leaves? He replies in his hippie green way, " It is natural fertilazer for the lawn" , uughh I said hmmm never heard of that the rest of us sweep them on the street and the city takes them , He mubbled something ,and i replied , "You are planning on mulching all these leaves and twigs 3 feet from my Camaro? He said yah , I said "How about you knock on my door next time and let me know i really would be mad if i got a bunch of stratches on my car from sh@@ flying all over it , and so much for my wash job that lasted 1 hour ,the car now has a thick layer of dust all over it. I told him to hold off and let me park my car on the street so that it is safe, I was so mad i walked away and had to move 3 cars .To let this guy finish , I have not spoken with him since , I really want to give him a real piece of my mind as i didnt want to get into it with him on Thanksgiving Day with Family and Friends . I am still fuming on this as now the temps have dropped and i have not washed the car yet and still have to look at that dust. UUGGHH!!!
Any Advice and what would you guys do?

Last edited by MBS; 11-24-2012 at 02:25 PM.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I wouldve just moved my cars. People are ignorant and no amount of words is going to change that. Besides, unless you keep your car in a chamber and never drive it eventually it will have dings, chips, etc anyway and life is too short to get worked up over it. Hell mine has been hit and run twice already. It sucks but there are much more important things to get worked up about than a car.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
That sucks. I dont think you should do anything too drastic...maybe not even tell him off because that will lead to more problems, maybe involving the Camaro...remember, you're stuck living next to him...

I had just washed the RS and pulled her into the garage, the ZL1 was still on the driveway to be washed so I went inside to eat before continuing. I walk out to find my neighbors 7 year old daughter and four of her friends sitting on my driveway about 2 feet from the car

I asked them to please play over in the grass (still my property) they stared at me blankly and just sat there. My neighbor sees this happening, looks at me and walks inside. So, I grabbed the hose, and proceeded to walk over to the car...the girls got the message and ran off

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Wait till spring, then get some roundup and while nobody is home take it and write " I'm an ASS " in his grass with it..

We have some young men living next door, and during the summer they have parties. They have people parking everywhere in the yard. And some started cutting across mine and going down my driveway leaving muddy tracks and tearing up my grass. I asked them twice to keep their guests from doing that, but it kept happening. So I went to Walmart and bought a bunch of those reflectors on the metal rods and lined my property line with them. They haven't cut across my yard since.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
I have a stupid neighbor.
He drives a Saab.
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Stack4

Drives: 2014 SW 2LT/RS M6
One of my neighbors only buys Fords.
Stack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
MBS

Yah you guys are right i am just going to drop it and not say a thing .They are actuallly nice people just stupid i think , My daughter babysits for them also, she says their house is a pig pen , and they let all there leftovers sit in a bowl and the house is filled with fruit flies . Place has gone to crap since they moved in.
Ok Here is another one. His boy is now almost 6 years old , They practice baseball in the back yard , at 1st i did not care the kid was so small. Now he is getting bigger and the ball could hit the car? What should i do on that? I thought about asking them to hit the ball the other way, I know one day a ball wi;ll hit my car if they keep it up. They are broke as he only works partime , Should i say something to him next spring?
Old 11-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
CHEV400

Drives: 2010 2ss
Throw poop on his house. When I worked as a police officer that's what one neighbor did to another.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
People, places, and things suck sometimes.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Yah you guys are right i am just going to drop it and not say a thing .They are actuallly nice people just stupid i think , My daughter babysits for them also, she says their house is a pig pen , and they let all there leftovers sit in a bowl and the house is filled with fruit flies . Place has gone to crap since they moved in.
Ok Here is another one. His boy is now almost 6 years old , They practice baseball in the back yard , at 1st i did not care the kid was so small. Now he is getting bigger and the ball could hit the car? What should i do on that? I thought about asking them to hit the ball the other way, I know one day a ball wi;ll hit my car if they keep it up. They are broke as he only works partime , Should i say something to him next spring?
Is there anyway you could block off your car? maybe create a barrier? And buy a car cover to keep the leaves and such from hitting it.

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEV400 View Post
Throw poop on his house. When I worked as a police officer that's what one neighbor did to another.
Human or Dog????
Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #12
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Try and keep peace between you and him or else your car will probably get scratched up.Speak to him about the son,politely tell him that you like to take care of your property/vehicles and is concerned that the ball the son plays with might come over in your yard and it your car and suggest to him that his son play elsewhere away from your car.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCamaro93 View Post
Is there anyway you could block off your car? maybe create a barrier? And buy a car cover to keep the leaves and such from hitting it.
See that is another thing , This guy says he is going to replace the fence . rips it down in May ,and has been like that all year now??? I have a dog so i bought a temp. fence with chicken wire that i rigged up after i got fiqured out that it it was not going to get done this year now., We use to have a 6 foot high fence between us 2. Like the old line , Tall fences make good neighbors
Old 11-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Try and keep peace between you and him or else your car will probably get scratched up.Speak to him about the son,politely tell him that you like to take care of your property/vehicles and is concerned that the ball the son plays with might come over in your yard and it your car and suggest to him that his son play elsewhere away from your car.
Oh yes for sure , I will i am 51 now and do not get to excited , But man this seemed like another blow , My car is DOOMED!