Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
It would also depends on how much height the curbs are set at your track and negative camber that has been set in the car wouldn't you think? How hard the contact with the curb is factors in. It's not a trophy truck where you need 18 inches of usable shock compression and rebound. No problems with my car so far. There would be rub marks on the fender well and tires correct? I have to get new tires soon for the front. I was driving yesterday thru my favorite roundabout and had a Triumph 650 motorcycle behind me of course. Damn Goodyears were sliding and pushing the front end through the turn due to it being 59 degrees outside. Not a good feeling when they feel that greasy.
Well, if you show no signs of contact then it must be alright. Where I run the curbs are about 1 foot wide and probably 4 to 6" tall, on the really tight corners you chop just about 4 to 5 feet of curb and you barely feel it inside the car so the suspension has got to swallow it.

I really was not happy with the Goodyears when I did the Christmas toy run event. Temps were in the mid to upper 30's with wet spots intermittent around the track and I could not get the tires hot enough to grip all day. They were very greasy.... I honestly would have done better on slicks. The Michelins are much better cold and rain tires in my opinion.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Well, if you show no signs of contact then it must be alright. Where I run the curbs are about 1 foot wide and probably 4 to 6" tall, on the really tight corners you chop just about 4 to 5 feet of curb and you barely feel it inside the car so the suspension has got to swallow it.

I really was not happy with the Goodyears when I did the Christmas toy run event. Temps were in the mid to upper 30's with wet spots intermittent around the track and I could not get the tires hot enough to grip all day. They were very greasy.... I honestly would have done better on slicks. The Michelins are much better cold and rain tires in my opinion.
Now you are talking, slicks.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #17
CHMuscleCamaro

Drives: Camaro ZL1 Jg. 2012, M6, black
is that mrc suspension like a thread gunning gear for magentic ride? how much is this system?
CHMuscleCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMuscleCamaro View Post
is that mrc suspension like a thread gunning gear for magentic ride? how much is this system?
I don't really understand this question. What is MRC and where did you hear about it?

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
I don't really understand this question. What is MRC and where did you hear about it?
MRC, Magnetic Ride Control is standard on the ZL1...
Old 12-31-2013, 01:45 AM   #20
CHMuscleCamaro

Drives: Camaro ZL1 Jg. 2012, M6, black
ah sorry. then i misunderstood it.

because there was a post over a suspension system for the magnet ride that is like a thread suspension and i mean that.
CHMuscleCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:10 AM   #21
crangie

Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
Quote:
ah sorry. then i misunderstood it.

because there was a post over a suspension system for the magnet ride that is like a thread suspension and i mean that.
You are asking for the magnetic ride coil overs (Gewindefahrwerk). Pfadt did some prototypes on those. Apparently its not economical to produce them in mass production, so they won't be available commercially.
crangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #22
DESERTDOG

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6 Summit White
My ZL1 came from the Pfadt Race Engr. shop in UT. Came with their Pfadt coil-over lowering shocks/springs in front, same in the rear...so the ride height can be adjusted easy...and MRC works as it should. Also have their larger than stock front and rear sway bars, with the end adjustments, so you can stiffen up the bars, or leave them close to stock setting. I would suggest their system, they have spend considrable time in developmrnt, testing it on the Miller Motorsports track...not to mention the high lift cam, Pfadt headers they also installed...697 hp to the rear tires !!
Attached Images

DESERTDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #23
mmarx82

I ended up getting the Stage 3 Pfadt performance package from Matt@510, I already have thier Tri-Y Headers on the way from JRE and the NoWeeds Exhaust Diverter coming as well. I've spent most of my day today getting and reading through all the installation manuals and comprising a list of tools I'd need. We have a place near me that you can use a lift for $5 hr that i'll be taking the car to for me to do the work.

After reading over the Solid Subframe Mounts Instructions I'm actually glad I'll be doing the exhaust portion at the same time since it has to come off to do that part. Fingers crossed for a good fast safe install not to mention a much better setup.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #24
mmarx82

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangie View Post
You are asking for the magnetic ride coil overs (Gewindefahrwerk). Pfadt did some prototypes on those. Apparently its not economical to produce them in mass production, so they won't be available commercially.
I misunderstood both of you, thanks crangie for clearing it up. Yes MRC is Magnetic Ride control but I beleive that CHMuscleCamaro was refering to the PFADT MRC system. Here is a link to the thread I first saw them in: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272796
Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #25
DESERTDOG

You will like the Pfadt system.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #26
Matt@510
Account Suspended

Drives: c6 vette cam & full bolt-ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
I ended up getting the Stage 3 Pfadt performance package from Matt@510, I already have thier Tri-Y Headers on the way from JRE and the NoWeeds Exhaust Diverter coming as well. I've spent most of my day today getting and reading through all the installation manuals and comprising a list of tools I'd need. We have a place near me that you can use a lift for $5 hr that i'll be taking the car to for me to do the work.

After reading over the Solid Subframe Mounts Instructions I'm actually glad I'll be doing the exhaust portion at the same time since it has to come off to do that part. Fingers crossed for a good fast safe install not to mention a much better setup.

Thank you for your purchase. The instructions included are very well written and helpful ,plus if you were to ever hit a snag you can always look on here for any info of course. you can always give us a call.

$5 hr to rent a lift that is a deal.it was more than that to rent a lift on base at the hobby shop when i was in the navy. good luck with your installs.
Matt@510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #27
DESERTDOG

The Pfadt coil over syst installed by Pfadt on my ZL1 is exactly like those on the pics from that original thread posted last January 2013. It works as it should, lighter than OEM, looks way kooler too!!
Being able to adjust each coil over individually to set up your ride height for whatever track you are going to be on is a big plus.
I don't know what those cost, but of your tracking yours, it would be a system I would look at.