Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
tylermoore

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/LS3 Victory Red
Exclamation I picked up #40766

Hey guys sorry i should have posted this earlier....

But i have finally picked up a camaro. I purchased this used 1ss from a local dealer and have been driving it alot lately trying to get used to the manual. I traded in my truck(duramax) for this car and havent been regretfull since. So i figured now would be a good time to start my own story...

So here goes.

Back in October of 2008 i went to a local dealer of mine to talk about ordering a camaro. His reply was that he wasnt sure that they were going to make them and i couldnt order one right now, man what a blow to the stomach. So i went here to CAMARO5 and joined the community and started reading all of the information on this site regarding dealers. Well a member her suggested i try a dealer in Greenville, NC. So i did, I went to the dealer on February 19th 2009 to place my order. I was so excited, i put 1700 down on my first ordered car. I was told i was going to get MSRP and that i was about 4th inline. No big deal right. Wrong, my family eventually talked me out of it and so i did something stupid. I cancelled my R6P 2ss and went with a buddy of mine to buy a Fourwheeler.. I know I know it was a fourwheeler, how could a fourwheeler replace a SS or any camaro for that matter. But it was IOM so i had a small part of camaro with me.

A few days after i cancelled my order guess what comes in the mail. Thats right the welcome kit. I was so devistated, the camaro in the picture signed by Sang Yup Lee was absolutely beautiful. And it was addressed to me, I decided to call the dealer to see if i could get my order back. He advised me that it was already taken. DAMN!!!!! So again my parents and friends were telling me i made a good choice by cancelling the order because i havent seen this car yet, and who wants to pay for a car for 5 years that they havent seen yet. I did in my heart.

So fast forward to august of 09 I call City Chevy in Charlotte and he tells me that they have a black 2ss with IOM LS3 sitting at 3800 and waiting for a driver. I was floored, hell yeah ill get it at MSRP so i put down 1000 and secured it to my name. But i couldnt get approved for the loan when it came in because i just bought this rediculosly exspensive 4x4. Man, this is terrible.

So after getting my money back from City Chevy i decided that i would never be able to get a camaro

So instead i got a duramax because being a fireman i need to carry my gear and carry my 4x4 to places to ride with my buddies. This next part really pisses me off.

After having my fourwheeler for about 6 months all of my buddies decided that they were going to sell theirs I was so mad, here i am stuck with a 325payment for a damn fourwheeler and now i have no one to ride it with. WTF.....

I really start to wonder why i didnt just keep the original order because i would have had it by now and i was really beating my self up at this point.

So after talking to a close friend of mine this is what he said:
Tyler, if u want to get a camaro you have got to set ur self up for it. Get rid of that 4x4 and truck and save up some money and buy the damn thing.
Finally someone that is not negative about me doing what i want to do with my money.

So i did most of what he said. I spent a few months getting my 4x4 right to sell. I had a guy come from boston to nc to buy it and finally that payment and lein was off my back for good. I rode by a local dealer later that night b/c they had a IOM2ss ls3 that had been sitting on their lot for 6+ months. The saleman was really awesome and the first thing he asked me was, do you want to take it for a spin. I couldnt believe it he threw me the keys. I threw them back and told him i wanted to hear it fire up. When that LS3 came to life i coldnt believe what i was hearing it was music. This man doesnt even know me and he has made my day and the rest of the month for that matter. Needless to say i got all worked up for nothing because i couldnt get it at that point. It was still the coolest thing i have ever seen.

So fast forward to April 22, 2010 i find a VR 1ss LS3 at Doug Henry Chevy in Farmville, nc. So i call them and find out what the $ is. He tells me about 32000. I told him that i was well versed in camaros and their prices and that car might have cost that when it was new. He said that that is what they have in it and thats the best he can do.

Well after hours and hours of talking i finally get him down to 30995 out the door, it was good enough for me so i asked him what could he do for my 2006 duramax i had outside. He calls behind my back and gets the payoff amount.
I wasnt really happy about that but then he tells me- your payoff is 22k
My reply- yeah i know
He said- will you take 24k
My reply- umm what now, hell yeah ill take it

So finally i have been at this dealership since 11am and it is now 5pm and i have finally been approved to get the car i have been longing for for more than two years now

I picked up #40766 with 3000k miles on her and I bet i am the first person with a camaro to have WEIGHTED tags LOL. SO without futher hold up her she is.........Thanks CAMARO5 you guys are awesome
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
What a long strange trip it's been.........

Seriously, congratz man! I know that feeling. I think yours is the closest I've seen to my VIN.

I'm 40196.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
11flat

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs m6
congrats
11flat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
40766? Isnt that the one that the original owner was on here and said it rolled into a lake??

JUST KIDDING! Good story man! Congrats on getting the car! Enjoy it!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
congrats,pretty car.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
Congrats on the new car! Take the dealer sticker off though!
JaxJags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
Grats
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
BMR Stage 1
JRE Tune
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Nice Garage I mean fire house Lol.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #9
adhazem

Drives: Soon........
The car looks kick ass in that fire department garage matching color and all.

Congrats mate.
adhazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #10
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm in Morehead City. If you ever see "THNXHONY", be sure and say Hi. I go to Greenville every other week.

Andy
Old 04-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
tylermoore

i appreciate the comments
Old 04-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #12
tylermoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
I'm in Morehead City. If you ever see "THNXHONY", be sure and say Hi. I go to Greenville every other week.

Andy
I live in Kinston, i will keep a look out though
Old 04-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
tylermoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Nice Garage I mean fire house Lol.
LOL caught me, im protecting the trucks from intruders
Old 04-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #14
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!