Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #29
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
noob question

never bought headers before. I am confused about all the configurations available. Not the brands, but the different configurations available from each manufacturer. I want to buy a good set of headers, keep the stock cats, and hook up to an aftermarket cat-back exhaust.

after searching the threads, and looking at vendor's websites, I am still confused. I want long tube headers. does anyone make headers that will bolt up to the stock cats wihtout any fabrication?

I know aftermarket cats will provide more performance. I know that everyone wants the last ounce of power from their engine. Not me. In truth, the car is probably faster than I am (and I am a past SCCA CenDiv champion). I want a nice sound to go with the aftermarket exhaust, but not have to get a tune. I have been told that if you replace the OEM cats with high flow cats, you need a tune.

please keep your answer simple. shorter words are better. please do not asssume that I know anything about exhaust systems. I won't be offended.

thanks
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #30
Chris@SPMC
Account Suspended

Drives: '99 H/C FRC Corvette and '07 TBSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsguy View Post
never bought headers before. I am confused about all the configurations available. Not the brands, but the different configurations available from each manufacturer. I want to buy a good set of headers, keep the stock cats, and hook up to an aftermarket cat-back exhaust.

after searching the threads, and looking at vendor's websites, I am still confused. I want long tube headers. does anyone make headers that will bolt up to the stock cats wihtout any fabrication?

I know aftermarket cats will provide more performance. I know that everyone wants the last ounce of power from their engine. Not me. In truth, the car is probably faster than I am (and I am a past SCCA CenDiv champion). I want a nice sound to go with the aftermarket exhaust, but not have to get a tune. I have been told that if you replace the OEM cats with high flow cats, you need a tune.

please keep your answer simple. shorter words are better. please do not asssume that I know anything about exhaust systems. I won't be offended.

thanks
You can bolt a set of long tubes to the factory cats, you can get a set of shorty headers, but imo they're not even worth it. You can also get long tubes with high flo cats to connect to factory exhaust that will get you more sound and power without any drone. Any time you make any big changes to the intake or exhaust, it is in the best interest of your engine's longevity to get a tune to make sure the AFR is in check as the computer can only compensate so much. I happen to be a dealer for American Racing Headers, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Chris@SPMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
so what was the verdict on these?
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #32
Speagle

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I have kooks and corsa. I am very happy with the sound. I also love the fact that there is no drone.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #33
mike25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speagle View Post
I have kooks and corsa. I am very happy with the sound. I also love the fact that there is no drone.
do you have any good videos of this? trying to decide between kooks and arh.

Mods:
Old 10-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #34
Speagle

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
do you have any good videos of this? trying to decide between kooks and arh.
My camera doesn't do sound well. Kooks ans Arh are both top notch. I went with kooks because the price was considerably less.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #35
mike25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speagle View Post
My camera doesn't do sound well. Kooks ans Arh are both top notch. I went with kooks because the price was considerably less.
Agh..ive been trying to find decent clips of both with the corsa. Oh well.

Mods:
Old 10-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #36
shaggy1
The thin blue line

Drives: 2012, 2SS/RS,LS3,IOM/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
Agh..ive been trying to find decent clips of both with the corsa. Oh well.
If you go to the ARH website they have a video of them using at set of ARH mufflers as well.
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #37
mike25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy1 View Post
If you go to the ARH website they have a video of them using at set of ARH mufflers as well.
im just looking for a comparison with just the corsa system installed with the headers.

Mods:
Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #38
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
.....LG Motorsports??

Ease of Install
We learned a long time ago to make the system work, it needs to be easy for the user to install. So like our Corvette systems we made this as simple of a bolt on as you can get. All of our kits come complete from engine to mufflers or with mufflers and tips included so all you have to do is bolt it onto the car. Fittings slip together for the smoothest connection between pipes. This also makes our cats replaceable in the event of damage or you want to swap to an off-road setup for track use. The only cutting you would have to do, would be removing the stock mufflers if you want to use them with our kit as GM welded the OE system together complete from the manifolds back.

Configurations and Options
We offer our system in one of four different setups.
1. Full system with out cats, without mufflers
2. Full system w/cats and without mufflers
3. Full system w/o cats and w/mufflers
4. Full system w/cats and with mufflers
All systems will come with off-road pipes included at no charge even for cat'd systems. All systems come with clamps, hardware, extensions, and now GM gaskets as well.

Features
  • 1 7/8" Primary size
  • 3" merge collector with fire cone
  • Full 3" mid section
  • 3" high flow Siamese X pipe design
  • Connects to OE or OE replacment mufflers with included 2.5" adapter
  • All wires, hardware, extensions and GM gaskets now included
  • High flow optional 200 cell metal matrix catalytic converters
  • Off-road pipes included no charge on cat'd systems
  • 35+ RWHP GAIN!
  • LifeTime Warranty for original owner

Also a new feature on the Super Pro line is our merge collector with fire cone.

All LG Motorsports header kits are covered for the lifetime to the orginial owner against any defect or issue. Of course damage by accident is not covered.

MUFFLERS
Our LG designed mufflers are fully polished stainless steel. These also a full 3" throughout and end with a 4" double walled slash cut tip. Lightweight and combined with a straight through design give you little back pressure with a deep American V8 sound!

TAKE A LISTEN!

2010 A6 L99 Camaro before and after full LG System and Dyno tune STOCK AIR BOX AND FILTER!

2010 M6 LS3 Camaro before and after full LG System and Dyno Tune

As always, please feel free to ask any questions or comments.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #39
shaggy1
The thin blue line

Drives: 2012, 2SS/RS,LS3,IOM/Beige
Which vendor on Camaro5 has the best price on ARH or Kooks?
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #40
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Nice sounding system Anthony @ LG Motorsports

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #41
TrojanRay2418

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
i hate to throw another name in there but im considering JBA headers...anyone have feedback on those? im tryin to decide JBA or ARH..??? help please!
TrojanRay2418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #42
phdjent
Evan "FRESHAYR"

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51, 2014 Jeep SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy1 View Post
Which vendor on Camaro5 has the best price on ARH or Kooks?
Call ARH directly.