Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 11-03-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Has anyone installed a holster in their Camaro?

Other than carrying a handgun in a regular conceal holster (which would cause the gun butt to damage the seats) I'm forced to carry in a crossdraw holster, then switch to my regular carry holster before exiting the car.

Has anyone found a place/way to mount a quick-accessible holster in the Camaro? I don't want to cut/drill holes/damage the car if at all possible. The problem is that on a date, when the date doesn't know you carry, it's hard to transfer the weapon in a discrete manner. I've put the weapon in the passenger seat rear "pouch, but if my date moves the seat back, I cannot get the weapon quickly.

Who has figured out the dilemma of Camaro protection?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I carry my S&W Shield no problems with a IWB Holster and an external double spare mag carrier with no issues to the seats or me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Tuck the weapon into your crotch.
The extra bulge may make you even more attractive to the ladies.
Unless she gets your pants off, it wont be an issue, and if she does get your pants off she wont care.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Tuck the weapon into your crotch.
The extra bulge may make you even more attractive to the ladies.
Unless she gets your pants off, it wont be an issue, and if she does get your pants off she wont care.
How do I answer the question, "is that a gun in your pants or are you happy to see me"?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I carry my S&W Shield no problems with a IWB Holster and an external double spare mag carrier with no issues to the seats or me.

I carry medium/large frame pistols at 3:30 - 4:00 IWB/OWB. I do carry a Commander sized 1911 AIWB, but it gets "crowded" while sitting in the car LOL

My J frame can be "adjusted" as to clear the seats, but everything else would need to be worn crossdraw. I love custom holsters - but I can't afford one for every weapon I carry. I'll stick with the P239 worn in elephant trimmed Nightingale crossdraw holster. If it's cooler weather where a larger weapon can be carried outside the car, I'll just make the switch...unless I have a date with a lady that's not cool around guns.

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea. Some members seem very resourceful fabricating parts/custom items for their Camaro.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
I carry medium/large frame pistols at 3:30 - 4:00 IWB/OWB. I do carry a Commander sized 1911 AIWB, but it gets "crowded" while sitting in the car LOL

My J frame can be "adjusted" as to clear the seats, but everything else would need to be worn crossdraw. I love custom holsters - but I can't afford one for every weapon I carry. I'll stick with the P239 worn in elephant trimmed Nightingale crossdraw holster. If it's cooler weather where a larger weapon can be carried outside the car, I'll just make the switch...unless I have a date with a lady that's not cool around guns.

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea. Some members seem very resourceful fabricating parts/custom items for their Camaro.
I used to carry an old S&W 4013 which is small but larger than the Shield. I would say similar in size to a Commander.

As far as mounting something to the car a few things I would think of are, legal requirements. Also a location that is accessible. The glove box is no good. I wouldn't like anything on the passenger side of the console and I feel like anything near my knee/thigh would be in the way.

Possibly something under the steering column?

Old 11-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #7
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I used to carry an old S&W 4013 which is small but larger than the Shield. I would say similar in size to a Commander.

As far as mounting something to the car a few things I would think of are, legal requirements. Also a location that is accessible. The glove box is no good. I wouldn't like anything on the passenger side of the console and I feel like anything near my knee/thigh would be in the way.

Possibly something under the steering column?

There's and idea! Thanks so much. I just gotta work it out where the weapon stays concealed (state law - NO open carry here)
THANKS!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Firefighter

Quote:
There's and idea! Thanks so much. I just gotta work it out where the weapon stays concealed (state law - NO open carry here)
THANKS!
I vaguely remember seeing adds in some of the gun magazines for holster setups to go there. Might be worth a look or Google search.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #9
Blue Magic

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS/RS
I use a off duty holster. It's snug under the steering wheel & easy to draw from. Snaps into place.Name:  20141105_145024.jpg
Views: 6387
Size:  158.9 KB

Name:  20141105_145013.jpg
Views: 12377
Size:  145.0 KB

Name:  20141105_145004.jpg
Views: 7398
Size:  150.8 KB
TSP 1 7/8" Headers, Cat Delete / Flowtech Mufflers, Vmax CNC Ported TB, SLP UD Pulley 25%, Elite Catch Can, Vararam CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, Taylor 49 Race Wires, Mishimoto Silicone Hoses, B&M Transmission Pan,
Tampa Tuning Tweaked & Tweaked again
Blue Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #10
ZWA SS
BowtieBelle's SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I do the same as above with the factory holster that came with my XDs. Works perfect.
ZWA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:00 AM   #11
Dexter9522

Drives: SS
I have a shield as well. In a uncle mikes holster it slides InBetween the seat and the center console perfect just in front of the seatbelt buckle. Easily accessible and no drilling. Pressure fit an doesn't move even with spirited driving and can still pull it out quickly if need be
2013 ss M6 471 / 428 adm intake / texas speed 1 7/8 long tubes no cats / npp / slp underdive pulley / cordes performance defibrillator cam / ported throttle body, intake manifold by CPR tuning by nic D
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #12
Dexter9522

Drives: SS
Another option is a magnet attached to the outside of an old holster or even on the inside of a column or plastic peice on the vehicle. Amazon has some pretty high powered magnets that you could just attatch it too. My buddy has a glock inside his pantry barrel pointed up that's held in by a magnet, in a holster and it's very secure
2013 ss M6 471 / 428 adm intake / texas speed 1 7/8 long tubes no cats / npp / slp underdive pulley / cordes performance defibrillator cam / ported throttle body, intake manifold by CPR tuning by nic D
Dexter9522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #13
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
I just gotta work it out where the weapon stays concealed (state law - NO open carry here)
THANKS!
Yet....
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #14
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I keep mine tucked between the seat and the counsel just in front of the seat belt buckle receiver, as your sitting in the seat it would be to the north side of the receiver. This way I can get to it fast and easy.

After seeing Blue Magic's idea I think I'll be moving it under the wheel. That's a great place.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote