Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #43
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Here is the latest updates on my build. Looks like you (RSSS2) have passed me up for now, or the pictures below are a few days old. I am really glad the builds are moving forward so fast. Way to go LPE! Might just make it back on the truck with you yet. I asked about removing the top speed limit during programing and this was the reply:

We have not been removing the speed limiter from the 2010 Camaro's. The reason for this is that we are unsure if the vehicle is stable beyond 155mph. At this point in time we do not know the critical speed of the factory driveshaft, transmission capabilities, etc. I spoke with our engineers and until we check the stability of these components we will not turn off the speed governor for safety reasons.

Soooo I guess 155 mph is all we get for now.
Cool pic's. hey.. at least it is in progress..!!! I'm sure by now it is disintegrated into a 1000 little pieces, and probably started going back together already.

I am sure WIndyCity will have a look see at your progress while he is there, if you ask him nicely - he will even capture a couple if photo's for you if you ask him to.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #44
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Sweet Pics - Everything is coming together. Go LPE!!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #45
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Cool pic's. hey.. at least it is in progress..!!! I'm sure by now it is disintegrated into a 1000 little pieces, and probably started going back together already.

I am sure WIndyCity will have a look see at your progress while he is there, if you ask him nicely - he will even capture a couple if photo's for you if you ask him to.
One step ahead of you, I asked Windy to find the "Dirty Black One" and snap a few pics, and to see if he could figure out where the engine is.

I guess they have torn into so many LS3's it is a cake walk for them now. I hope they squeeze a few extra ponies out of her for me, like maybe 675? Maybe one of them read this thread and figure what the h**l.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #46
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
mws, I bet they are putting her back together by now, one step closer. Keep us updated.
RS-SS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #47
600hp-lpe

It is pretty cool that we are ALL getting built at the same time,
other than Speed, who has been playing with his bad boy
for a while now.

I just wish I was getting the 650 like you other guys..
Guess i'll just have to be the little brother.. like speed with the 570 kit.

but.. I have a few tricks up the ol' tailpipe... Herer are the mods I am doing beyond the LPE kit.

I am having LPE port and polish the TB.
LPE is port matching the blower intake.
MTI shifter
ADM boost gauge.

I am upgrading the bodywork with RevolutionSS parts (hood, spoiler, grille, fenders).
I have the NLP spoiler (shipping this week?)
Racing brake slotted rotors and upgraded pads.
Momo pedals
Complete Pedders suspension on order - waiting for kit completion. Justicepete is testing swaybars as we speak.
Over the winter I will upgrade the half shafts, add forged wheels and tires.

and the peice de la' resistance.............. my license plate!
Attached Images

Last edited by 600hp-lpe; 09-17-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #48
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Quote:
for a while now.

but.. I have a few tricks up the ol' tailpipe... Herer are the mods I am doing beyond the LPE kit.

MTI shifter
ADM boost gauge.
I am upgrading the bodywork with RevolutionSS parts (hood, spoiler, grille, fenders).
Momo pedals
Complete Pedders suspension on order - waiting for kit completion. Justicepete is testing swaybars as we speak.

570, no doubt, you do have allot of upgrades going on there. should keep you pretty busy over the winter. I'm sure you will have to throw on few coats of wax as well. I can hardly wait to see everyone's cars.
RS-SS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #49
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
570, no doubt, you do have allot of upgrades going on there. should keep you pretty busy over the winter. I'm sure you will have to throw on few coats of wax as well. I can hardly wait to see everyone's cars.
I already have all those parts on order (some are pre-order - I am in the queue, anyway on the parts). Only parts not on order yet are the rear half shafts and the wheels/tires. I need to get the suspension on the car to figure out clearance issues for the wheel/tire combo to see what I can fit. I can tell you it will be a 19" rim...just not sure how wide it will be yet.

I am really looking forward to getting all of this stuff on the Camaro.. It's gonna be a good summer next year!

I'm going to start in the spring at car shows to drop jaws in the new england area.. besides drag racing and running SOLO II autocross events.
I'm not going to do any good at autocross as far as placing for trophies.. The class I will be in is SM. There is a little turbocharged honda in that class.. it happens to be the fastest and best tuned car in the northeast. I know the person driving it.. He has been racing the same honda well over 12 years. He is a suspension expert. Anyway, it will be good for figuring out the handling characteristics of the 'Maro.
The SOLO II racing guys are experts at suspension tuning, and love progressing handling characteristics of any of the cars in the club. It'll be a good break in for me learning to get the 'Maro at the point of no return at low speeds with TC off. Everything in SOLOII is set up to be under 60 MPH and is focused on handling. Slaloms, chicanes, 180 degree turns, etc as fast as you can go around the cone lined course on the really large airstrip.

I plan on starting the season easy to get used to the handling characteristics before I get the 'Maro out on the road courses and go full tilt.
Need to "feel her out" before I dive in head first and rip up some asphalt at
Limerock, Watkins glen, or NH speedway doing timed event runs.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #50
mws444

Hey 570 I am thinking on the Pedders susp. as well. From what Speed tells me the ride is still pretty good. You sound like you are planning to have a lot of fun with your Maro.
Mine is really just a toy to drive when its nice out. Plan on hitting the strip a few times and want to put a group together to hit the race track in Demming. I just love to drive fast and push things. Nothing compares to a hot run where you find that line between losing it and spectacular driving. Of course I will go to that edge but not fall off, therein lies the challenge.
What is your choice on the brake rotors and pads? Tell me more!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #51
600hp-lpe

MWS444 asked: What is your choice on the brake rotors and pads? Tell me more!

Doc (on this forum) had asked Racing brake to design a slotted rotor replacement for the 2010 camaro. These are racing caliber braking parts. Right now we only have the fronts being custom built. We will be getting a group buy together for the rears as well, sometime in the future. This is just the rotors - It retains the rest of the stock SS braking system. The front rotors save 4.5 LBS a peice, will cool better, and are a 2 peice design (hub + rotor). These are only slotted.. no holes. This is good, as the "holes have been known to cause the disc rotor to crack when used in racing applications. The rotor material metal is a high grade material suited for high heat applications (roadtrack and autox) racing. Cost is $850.00 for the fronts.. no rears yet.. These will be at least 1K. Racing Brake will evaluate and build them if we get 30 pre-orders for them, so they are a little ways out from being built. These will be a custom build as the rear rotor is 14.4 inches. This size rotor is specific only to the 'Maro rear.

If you are going for the "drilled and slotted" look, there are no aftermarket rotors yet.. Hold off till after SEMA. I would bet that you will see a few announcements coming out there for them. Drilled and slotted rotors are one of the more popular upgrades for dressing up your car - I would bet money someone is announcing this type of product for the camaro at Sema.

There are 2 higher grade alternatives for braking systems that replace the entire braking system. Both are expensive. Brembo and Baer both have 15" rotors for all 4 corners of the 'Maro. Baer is around $6K, Brembo is 8K. Both are too rich for my pocket.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #52
mws444

The Best price I have found on the Pedders coilovers so far is $1,500 from Hennessey, anyone out there doing any bettter? I also found where Brembo make an OEM replacement rotor, crossdrilled and/or slotted for the Camaro (SLP). Any better prices are always appreciated.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #53
Speed74SS

Quote:
for a while now.

MTI shifter
ADM boost gauge.

Momo pedals

Damn brother - those are some serious upgrades!! I can't wait to see and hear how everything turns out for you. My list of things to do next year will only get bigger and bigger, not sure if I can hold out through the winter. I am sure there are some occasions coming up where I probably should get presents: Halloween - Half Shafts. Thanksgiving - ZR1 Clutch. Christmas - Sway Bars.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #54
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
The Best price I have found on the Pedders coilovers so far is $1,500 from Hennessey, anyone out there doing any bettter? I also found where Brembo make an OEM replacement rotor, crossdrilled and/or slotted for the Camaro (SLP). Any better prices are always appreciated.
That is a pretty good price for the coilovers. I think mine were around $1400 with the pre-order. Then I paid extra to get some air freighted to LPE.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #55
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Damn brother - those are some serious upgrades!! I can't wait to see and hear how everything turns out for you. My list of things to do next year will only get bigger and bigger, not sure if I can hold out through the winter. I am sure there are some occasions coming up where I probably should get presents: Halloween - Half Shafts. Thanksgiving - ZR1 Clutch. Christmas - Sway Bars.

I like your approach speed! Presents for every holiday!LOL

I figure with a few more upgrades over the winter,
I will be really close to done for the springtime!
You are never really Ever done, though....

Probably going to be adjusting and tweaking stuff for a little while...
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #56
mws444

Hey 570, have you seen the Brembo replacement rotors? They are two piece and come either slotted or slotted and cross drilled. The price was pretty fair as well, although I cant find the darned site again. I will look again tomorow and post it up, that and some better pads ought to stick like glue.

Hey speed how many clicks are you running on your coilovers?