Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #43
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
The thing I don't like about the v6 mustang is that from behind its painfully obvious that it's a v6. My friends never know if my car is a v8 or v6 and most everyone has been surprised at my answer. Not to mention the incredible amout of people who want to talk to me about my car in general. I get a lot of respect driving around in the camaro. Not sure a v6 stang has ever gotten that and I see plenty of them down here in the sunshine state. I'll warn you that it seems v6 stangs are mostly driven by older couger type women. That's who I always see driving them anyway. I also live on the beach so maybe that's why I always see women driving.....I will say as (I scan through my memory) I always see groups of girls in mustangs and usually just two dudes in camaros.
What's wrong with obviously being a V6? I mean that's what it is after all! Be PROUD and don't be a POSER! I think the fact that V6 Camaro doesn't have a mail slot is just about as obvious as the Mustang... The V6 Mustang used to be more obvious since they used to be single exhaust, but now are dual exhaust... I kept my 2005 V6 Mustang a single exhaust so people would know it was a V6, even though I was pushing 300 RWHP and running 12s... surprised quite a few people at the track...

As for attention, OMG! My V6 Stang turned heads every where I went! Would it turn heads today? Maybe, maybe not... but then again will your 2010 Camaro still turn heads in 6 years? Maybe, maybe not.. The 2005 S197 turned heads because it was a huge change... Same with the 2010 Camaro, huge change to the previous model after a HUGE HIATUS! LOL!

And yes, I was constantly hounded by folks when I would stop for gas! Everyone wanted to talk to me about my V6 Mustang... or take pictures! LOL! Same with my Camaro...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #44
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKnam67 View Post
Buy what you want BUT;
Nascar mfr wins Chevy -632 Ford-592 Mopar-200+
NHRA Pro Stock Chevy has won most

But I must say that a buddy I play golf with bought his wife a mustang cause she wanted one and she likes it. Also, I dated a girl who drove one and she liked it.
So actually the Mustang might be a better way to meet girls! LOL
Old 12-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #45
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If you can get a better deal on a better equipped car go for it. The mustang is just as good of car as the camaro and looks are subjective. I for one think the mustang looks just as good as the camaro. For me I have a camaro because I wanted a change.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #46
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
For looks, the Camaro hands down... I cannot stand the rear of the 2010+ Mustangs.. enough so that I wouldn't buy one... HOWEVER if you can get past that... the new 3.7 V6 Mustang is a great vehicle! The 3.7 is very mod friendly! Especially when it comes to Forced Induction!
I Agee the rear of the v6 mustang doesn't look cool at all. I like that the rear of the v6 camaro is just as impressive as the v8. I personally love telling people it's a v6. I'm not wanting everyone(mostly my firends and peers) to think I went out and bought a 2012 40k$ v8.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #47
RScamaro30

Drives: Like I Stole It
If you are looking for a decent priced Camaro LT RS, it's probably best to look at your local dealership for used or around used lots, they might have a few with low miles and good options, usually dealers will work with you. That's really the best way i can think of if you want it on the lower-end of the price scale. Co-worker got a great deal on a 2010 LT RS with super low miles earlier this year. Hopefully the used ones aren't too bad because camaro owners usually keep their cars in nice working condition (hopefully). Hope this helps
Old 12-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #48
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RScamaro30 View Post
If you are looking for a decent priced Camaro LT RS, it's probably best to look at your local dealership for used or around used lots, they might have a few with low miles and good options, usually dealers will work with you. That's really the best way i can think of if you want it on the lower-end of the price scale. Co-worker got a great deal on a 2010 LT RS with super low miles earlier this year. Hopefully the used ones aren't too bad because camaro owners usually keep their cars in nice working condition (hopefully). Hope this helps
usually... but there are exceptions... LOL

Old 12-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #49
RScamaro30

Drives: Like I Stole It
sadly yes.....
Old 12-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #50
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
If you're going to spend thousands of dollars, get the car you really want...
Old 12-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #51
CCbusa09

Drives: '06 Tacoma, '11 Durango, '12 SW 1SS
DO YOUR RESEARCH before making a decision!!!
Hmmmm................I wonder how many EX-Mustang owners have purchased a Camaro because of the nightmare that 2011-2012 6-spd V6 and V8 owners have been going through? Here is a video of what many new Mustang owners are experiencing. Ford, to date, refuses to address the issue in the form of a recall. The NHTSA is in the process of investigating 26,000 complaints of the Chinese built MT82 Getrag manual transmission failure. I was actually considering a 2012 5.0 M6 until I started reading and seeing videos like the one below.
(But if you're considering an automatic, you'd be OK).

BTW, I have only owned my new Camaro since 11/22/11 and would NEVER go back to a Mustang! I love this car!!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #52
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by farthestnorth View Post
Might i also add no taxes in Alaska! Woot Woot
10% Sales Tax here in Cali, and there is no end in sight... they are going to keep raising it until they drive everything to the black market or everyone out of the state!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #53
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa09 View Post
Hmmmm................I wonder how many EX-Mustang owners have purchased a Camaro because of the nightmare that 2011-2012 6-spd V6 and V8 owners have been going through? Here is a video of what many new Mustang owners are experiencing. Ford, to date, refuses to address the issue in the form of a recall. The NHTSA is in the process of investigating 26,000 complaints of the Chinese built MT82 Getrag manual transmission failure. I was actually considering a 2012 5.0 M6 until I started reading and seeing videos like the one below.

BTW, I have only owned my new Camaro since 11/22/11 and would NEVER go back to a Mustang! I love this car!!
Wow... that really sucks, if that was a new car... I would take it back for sure! (Chinese built manual transmission? What are they thinking?)

As for the day you got your Camaro... best day ever! (my B-day!) Congrats!!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #54
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa09 View Post

Wow, that's hard to watch!
Grinding...
Old 12-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #55
sschevybear11

Drives: 2011 Black 1SS
If its about price, good luck with being happy with what you buy. Get what you want.
Now: Coated Dynatech LT's/!Cats/Hurst Shifter/Roto-fab/SLP SS badges/JRE 415HP Tune, Scoop & Washer Relocation Bottle,Hurst Stunner 20X9 Wheels, Moroso Catch Can, ASP pulley, Magnaflow X-pipe, GTO remote clutch reservoir
1989 Silver 5.0 Mustang LX Coupe
1999 Pewter Tahoe LT
2011 Blue Camry SE
sschevybear11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #56
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
its a no brainer. You get a premium model on a Mustang V6 and save thousands over a base Camaro V6. It is faster too! Many here will blast the Mustang and say the Camaro is better looking but you gotta remember, appearance is subjective. This is a Camaro site and Camaro is the handsome king but if you go to the Ford site, those people there think Camaro looks like crap. It's your money...get the most for it.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mustang, steelies