Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #267
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Most likely an oil change sticker put on by the dealer. I've worked at a dealer that would put the oil change sticker on every new car that came in just so the new customer would have the service dept. number there in front of them when it was time for the first oil change.
I understand but find it hard to believe this brand new vehicle would have already had the oil changed. Too new for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona View Post
The bug issue was addressed....the owner picked the car up and then returned it to the offending dealer. Whether you believe it or not these kinds of things happen frequently.....they build millions of cars every year and it would seem to me that the fact that it doesn't happen more often is the hard part to believe....I have been in the transportation/import/export business for over 30 years and this kind of thing happens to distributors of all kinds of goods pretty regularly. I have dealt with trans-border issues such as these more times than I can count. Usually it is simply a matter of filing a corrected entry with U.S. customs and they then make a determination if they want a product returned to the port of entry. This car may not actually go back to Canada if U.S. customs makes a determination that there was no fraud but simply a "Clerical Error" and or a penalty could be issued and the car could then legally be entered into the U.S. and returned to the owner. There are many options in a case like this and returning the car to Canada is one of them. I understand that we all consider this car to be "IT", and GM certainly considers it an important launch but as far as the logistics of these things are concerned a car mis-shipped really does happen more often that you would think.
Scott...
Interesting perspective and experience. I understand. BUT this isn't just another car. It is a newly launched model and happens to be the Flagship for the Camaro. I just can't see this happening. I could be way out in the weeds here but I believe these cars are on pretty tight lock down.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #268
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I understand but find it hard to believe this brand new vehicle would have already had the oil changed. Too new for that.

Interesting perspective and experience. I understand. BUT this isn't just another car. It is a newly launched model and happens to be the Flagship for the Camaro. I just can't see this happening. I could be way out in the weeds here but I believe these cars are on pretty tight lock down.
The sticker doesn't show that the oil was just changed. It's a brand new car. Dealers put them on the car as part of the PDI process when they get the car. It's just there to remind the customer to bring the car in at 5k miles to get their first oil change.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #269
RScamaro30

Drives: Like I Stole It
I don't know if that heritage grill was an option from the factory for the ZL1, guy could have just put the heritage grill on himself before they took it back.... looks like a legit ZL1 though from what I can see . Hope the issues get resolved...I know I'd be pretty mad if someone came and took my ZL1
Old 03-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #270
CCbusa09

Drives: '06 Tacoma, '11 Durango, '12 SW 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
I think the heritage grill ruins the car
+1!!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #271
Blueclyde

Quote:
The sticker doesn't show that the oil was just changed. It's a brand new car. Dealers put them on the car as part of the PDI process when they get the car. It's just there to remind the customer to bring the car in at 5k miles to get their first oil change.
I have purchased a lot of new GM cars in my life and I have never seen a sticker like you describe...

I still say there is a skunk in the wood pile with this car. Soemthing doesn't add up.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #272
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
what a story!
so who tinted the car's window dealer or the buyer???
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #273
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I have purchased a lot of new GM cars in my life and I have never seen a sticker like you describe...

I still say there is a skunk in the wood pile with this car. Soemthing doesn't add up.
Dude, I've worked at several dealerships and every one of them has done it. Stop being a conspiracy theorist and just accept that this is real. The car is either the best ZL1 clone ever(your car turning into a magical unicorn is more likely) or it's as described here. The state inspection, temp tag and oil change sticker tell me that this car was PDI'd just like any other new car coming off of the truck was.

I know you've bought a lot cars but I've bought a lot cars and worked in a GM dealership for almost 12 years so I've seen how everything works behind the scenes.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #274
Blueclyde

Quote:
Dude, I've worked at several dealerships and every one of them has done it. Stop being a conspiracy theorist and just accept that this is real. The car is either the best ZL1 clone ever(your car turning into a magical unicorn is more likely) or it's as described here. The state inspection, temp tag and oil change sticker tell me that this car was PDI'd just like any other new car coming off of the truck was.

I know you've bought a lot cars but I've bought a lot cars and worked in a GM dealership for almost 12 years so I've seen how everything works behind the scenes.
OK Dude. I'm a realist. I only accept things that can be explained with facts. Not too many facts being cited in this thread but man there are a lot of experts. I'll just sit back and read what all you really smart people write. Unreal.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #275
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Yes it is.
that was already established...
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #276
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
Not to get into this war but my techs put a first oil change sticker in a new car, we like to see the customer come back.
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #277
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing View Post
Not to get into this war but my techs put a first oil change sticker in a new car, we like to see the customer come back.
That's going to be a long ride!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #278
Camarrow1
WillieB

Drives: 10camaro2ss 10avalanch
Did anyone notice in the thread that several members have called the dealership and talked to the sales manager who confirmed it was a true ZL1. Why would he lie and what would that accomplish.
Camarrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #279
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa09 View Post
+1!!
+2

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #280
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
That would suck. You wait all this time, get your ZL1, then they take it back. I'd ask for a blue one, if that happened to me.