Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #449
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Vinnie: 12.6 @ 113?
Paulie: (Not disclosed)
LOL.....Epic Fail!!!!!!!
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #450
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
I'm running 12.3 all motor and they can't break into 11's lmao
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #451
JR3

Drives: Vette, Camaro
If they are going to try and market/sell a "Camaro" why do they seem to try and hide the word Camaro? Seemed like they tried to avoid saying the word Camaro during the show.

I remember during one show Paul Jr. was trying to get a bunch of Free Stuff and tool machines from vendors when he was starting his shop. I wonder if he asked Chevrolet for Free Camaros to build and maybe could have got turned down? Could that be one of the reasons for the "Hidden Camaro" logos?

They seem to avoid the Camaro name and logos but yet they still want to try and get a piece of the cars popularity. Is money so important to them that no name or logo can be shown unless you cut them a check ?

I think they should embrace the Camaro name, especially if your going to try and make money off of it.

CAMARO (Dont be afraid... Embrace it!)

JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #452
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
Hated the rivets loved the super charger and matte black
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #453
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
[QUOTE=JR3;4710245]If they are going to try and market/sell a "Camaro" why do they seem to try and hide the word Camaro? Seemed like they tried to avoid saying the word Camaro during the show.

I remember during one show Paul Jr. was trying to get a bunch of Free Stuff and tool machines from vendors when he was starting his shop. I wonder if he asked Chevrolet for Free Camaros to build and maybe could have got turned down? Could that be one of the reasons for the "Hidden Camaro" logos?

They seem to avoid the Camaro name and logos but yet they still want to try and get a piece of the cars popularity. Is money so important to them that no name or logo can be shown unless you cut them a check ?

I think they should embrace the Camaro name, especially if your going to try and make money off of it.

I wonder how bad the rust will be as those pieces of metal set against the paint, you know there has to be some moving and vibration, for 80,000. I think there is plenty of other things PJD could have done. Im not a fan of Paul Jr, think he treated his dad poorly, and if he would have worked for me and was MIA all the time I would have fired him. Just stating that so you all know I am bias. For him it was more for the branding, put my logo here, put my logo on the side. "The seats look awesome with my flying wing logo" I think the seats looked better before he put those wrinkled things in there. As far as Vinnie and the painter coming down I think it was more for a party, if you watch when the supercharger is going in Vinnie is barely touching anything.
Quackersacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #454
RScamaro30

Drives: Like I Stole It
After watching the episode last night, I must admit, the car is beginning to sell on me.....Honestly, I think the riveting is pretty cool, it's not exactly 'easy' to put all of that time and effort into creating something like that. Overall, I think the car looks excellent, and sounds good too, from what I could hear on the show. Flat black paint is nice along with the prop wheels. I think Paul Jr. did some good work....not easy to rivet a Camaro (I couldn't do it ) Got to give the guy some respect...
Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #455
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
If they are going to try and market/sell a "Camaro" why do they seem to try and hide the word Camaro? Seemed like they tried to avoid saying the word Camaro during the show.

Because they would need GM's approval for that and chances are GM would've said no.

I know this because Frito Lay wanted to include my car in a Doritos commercial that would've been aired during Super Bowl a couple years ago. Frito Lay checked with GM and they said nope.

They thought about trying to hide my car's emblems including the Transformers stuff but in the end they decided it would've been too hard. Of course this is to say nothing about getting Hasbro's approval as well.

Stupid legality crap kept my car from being in a national commercial.

This post from Bumblebeecamaro using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #456
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Who would buy one of those? It'd be funny if they don't sell any. Pay less and get a ZL1. The aluminum just doesn't look good on the car.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #457
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
holy crap thats ugly.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #458
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
It isn't the car it is the concept. Paul Jr. builds bikes. To associate himself and his business to a car maker is totally stupid. I mean stupid. Lots of bikers own classic cars. To separate them into Camaro/ Dodge/ Ford folk is plain dumb. Now he might have bikers totally dump his ideas on bikes cause he is a Chevrolet guy. If he built trikes or bikes.. with Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger styling he would do good.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #459
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
I think it'd be ok, if it looked good. But it doesn't, lol.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #460
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
The car looks like crap. The only thing missing is 30 inch donks.

If they left the car flat black, supercharged and then added a very small PJD logo on the back where the SS emblem usually sits, it would have been bad ass and classy.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #461
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Paint this flat back and bolt it on the trunk ahead of the spoiler. All ready for tailgating then.
Quackersacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #462
jbusmc1986
on the hunt

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
Hated the rivets loved the super charger and matte black
I couldn't agree more, I think the aluminum and rivets looked stupid as hell on the car. They looked great on the bike but terrible on the car. Maybe if they had only done the scoop on the hood but the rest of it looked ridiculous.
jbusmc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote