Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #43
IBMCAMARO10

Drives: 2010 (IBM)Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 ZL1 #7860 View Post
Haven't worked on many Audis have you?

Have you changed the cabin filter?
Is the charge correct?
Yea I got a brand new filter and will be checking the charge this weekend.
IBMCAMARO10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #44
IBMCAMARO10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
I have seen ice form when freon is low. If it is icing up, maybe it is low? I have seen a system recharge fix this on cars and home cooling systems.

I can't hear any blower whine, if it exists, because of my exhaust! Maybe time for some exhaust upgrades?!
Haha Yes I have been looking into doing this upgrade this summer. Know this will help low down the while noise.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #45
IBMCAMARO10

Thank you to those with posotive feedback I appreciate it.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #46
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCAMARO10 View Post
Granted they all get something bad but 5yrs and I maintain car better than anything else. I want it repaired but my problem is that the dealership cant find
A single issue. Yea many cars today cost twice as much. I live in NYC
And mechanic charge for labor is intense.
Maybe try another dealer? Is this a warrany issue? If not maybe try an independent shop that specializes in A/C?
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #47
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Oh why people get sooooo defencive cause I said American car. I really just wanted an honest opinion not out of left field replies. Im too grown for that BS. I have owned cars with 4times what you mentioned on my cars worth so thats no issue. I just fell in love with this car and did not want to go crazy on a new purchase when I did get the Camaro especially since I had a wedding and all our student loans.
Well then if you wanted a honest opinion I would suggest maybe you should've left out the , "I amscared I bought an American Car "bit , I am glad you owned a car 4x times what your car is worth , that has nothing to do with the quality build of your current car that is worth appox what I said , Your car is 5-6 years old a AC problem has nothing to do with it being an American car , I would suggest you take it to a different dealer Good Luck to you .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #48
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Not really scared I love car but mostly owned eauropean and japanese cars. This is my first american car. Love the look and feel but when you purchase something you want your dealer to try to figure something out instead of saying nothing is wrong.
Maybe your dealer is an idiot?

The fact that this is your "first" american made car (Canada, Eh!) is sad to me.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 PM   #49
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
the blower noise i coulda sworn they had a TSB to fix that under warranty which your out of by now falls under the bumper to bumper one unfortunately. They literally cut the blower out of your dash and replace it screwing it back in through your dash sounds like your low on freon or your lines are icing up to quickly.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #50
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Makes me want to drive into an audi dealer for a trade asap.

Love the car but the quality is starting to get to me
It might be slightly more comfortable to cry about quality issues in an Audi seat versus a Camaro seat, but reliability won't be that much different. You'll also have paid that much more to own a car. Good luck with that.

On your A/C issues, see a different dealer. Or take it to an independent shop.

Restricted airflow over the condenser can cause it to freeze up, and so can an insufficient charge. If there's insufficient charge, there may be a tiny leak somewhere that's bleeding off refrigerant. A good shop will do a pressure test or a leak test.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:43 PM   #51
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Are you really "scared"? You know, years ago, no one had AC and they all made it just fine. Stuff goes wrong with cars all the time. Maybe walking is a better option... with a helmet on, of course.
Lmfaooo you got the same humor as me dude haha 👍🏼
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #52
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
It can be either. At times when we drive after 45 minutes the air gets warm.
Then other times I hear the bird chirping from blower(by far the most annoying
sound). After a while also we turn the knob to past halfway point and feel the cool air blowing very low.
Ah yeah I get that chirping from the fan every now and then. There's a thread somewhere on here that shows how to remove and replace the fan by removing the glove box.

Seems odd that the cold air would just stop. Might help to have it not on the coldest setting? I know that might be difficult in the summer but might be what works best.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #53
EXCALIBER

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS.. her name is "Lucille"
A couple things to look at before you take it to the shop.
when running the A/C, you should have some water dripping from underneath the vehicle. that is the condensation from the humid air to the cold part of the system.
When the A/C stops blowing cold air, is it still dripping water?
And when the blower starts chirping, or gets noisy, is it blowing warm air?
If you are not seeing any water dripping from under the car with the A/C running,after a few minutes, you may have a clogged drain tube, and that is easily cleaned out. I suspect that due to the high humidity in that region, and potential for lots of small debris to get into the duct work, the drian may be clogged, and couple that with it possibly being slightly low on refrigerant, that excess water building up in there will freeze pretty easily. keep in mind, the new refrigerants are less forgiving, less efficient, and dont work as well as the old R-12 systems did back in the day.
I would also make it a point to power wash the front of your grill area (the A/C and radiator area) really well, as a build up of bugs, and road debris can also cause lower heat disipation, thus causing lower A/C performance.

That being said, I would wash the front of the car really well, and check for water draining from the drain tube after its been running about 5-10 minutes. If that looks good, and your still having issues, only then would I take it to a shop to check the refrigerant level.
EXCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:53 PM   #54
fpdsniper

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
A very good mechanic once told me the best way to make my a/c last is to ALWAYS have it on while driving. The loss of mpg's is quite negligible He said that running the a/c keeps the seals pliable, and is much less likely to leak refrigerant. I took that advice with my truck. Bought it new in 2008. 132,000 miles with shutting off the a/c. Zero issues. I do this with all my cars and have never had to recharge any of them. And to the guy who said he gets too cold with the a/c on: You do know you can adjust the temperature, don't you????

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5/TRD
Independent Amsoil Dealer
fpdsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #55
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Check down in the issues thread. There was a TSB for the A/C a long time ago. I had mine repaired under warranty.

Mine is a 2011, but here's a thread about 2011s, but could be a similar problem

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ir+conditioner

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #56
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Only time I had the AC not blow cold air is when the engine got heat soaked form 114 degree weather and stuck in stop/go traffic. Once I got free of the traffic congestion and got some air through the front of the car, started blowing cold again.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote