Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #85
SIM 2 SS

Drives: 2010 SIM Kenne Bell Supercharged SS
However when I unlock the car in the garage or in the darl all of the lights come on including the halo. This should not be a problem. None of this makes sense. They are wired the way they are supposed to be - to the parking lights.
SIM 2 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:19 AM   #86
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Drives: '10 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM 2 SS View Post
However when I unlock the car in the garage or in the darl all of the lights come on including the halo. This should not be a problem. None of this makes sense. They are wired the way they are supposed to be - to the parking lights.
Remember, you're leaving your car with "auto" mode on your switch. There's a sensor that tells your car, "When it's dark...Turn the lights on!" DRL's shut off at night and all your lights turn on. Including your parking lights. Ergo, your halos are on too. I've always wanted to use the "ergo" in a post, sorry.

Turn "auto" off, and it should resolve your issues.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #87
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I wanted to pass this info along to those of you who want to upgrade to HID with your Eagle Eyes.

I’ve been dealing with the guys over at www.TheRetrofitSource.com to do a retrofit for me. They are really top notch….the customer service has been some of the best I’ve dealt with. They answer the phone ever time and all my emails have been returned during business hours.

They sell high end HID parts. Mostly they sell parts to do true projector retrofits but they also can get some HID kits as well. I asked them about pricing on an H9 HID kit since the Eagle Eyes seem to becoming popular and that’s what they use.

TRS can get you an H9 kit but they’ll have to order it and it might take 7-10 days to come in. Here is the kit Nate came up with. You’ll have to call and talk with them to get any kind of details. I’m just passing along info I found so that you don’t have to buy some cheap stuff off eBay.

1) 1x Pair: Morimoto 3Five Digital Ballasts
2) 1x Pair: Morimoto H9 Bulbs
3) 1x Pair: H13 bi-xenon relay wire harness
Total: $150 shipped to the US.

You’ll pay a little more but Morimoto is not some cheap eBay stuff. Just look around on the TRS site and Google Morimoto + ballasts or projectors. Do a search in YouTube for Morimoto HID or something along those lines. You’ll see these are some quality parts.

BTW: I'm still going to recommend a custom retrofit vs the Eagle Eyes. IMO you'll get a lot better light but you will have to pay a little more and/or do more work if you are going to DIY. The finished product will be worth it though.

Why go through all that hassle. I've seen you bash eagle eyes, but man, are you getting a piece of retrofitsource mula? Eagle eyes are the easiest way to QUALITY projectors WITH halos on a non RS Camaro.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #88
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I've already decided I'm getting these, but had a few questions. I worked at Delphi back in the day & have all the connector/terminal tools. That being said, is there a way to hook the halos up to the drls instead of the parking lights? Are there any issues with this? I was thinking I can just pull the terminal for the drls, & use it in a relay to run the halos as my drls. Or would I lose the halos then when the lights are on? I'm trying to understand more of the best way to use these before I get them. & yes I'll be getting the HID kit too
Old 12-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #89
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
I've already decided I'm getting these, but had a few questions. I worked at Delphi back in the day & have all the connector/terminal tools. That being said, is there a way to hook the halos up to the drls instead of the parking lights? Are there any issues with this? I was thinking I can just pull the terminal for the drls, & use it in a relay to run the halos as my drls. Or would I lose the halos then when the lights are on? I'm trying to understand more of the best way to use these before I get them. & yes I'll be getting the HID kit too
Look for magnum's thread about that. He's got all kinds of wiring going on.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #90
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Well, the DRL's are the low beams, and there is no fuse for the low beams at all (I believe its protected by a circuit breaker inside the cabin). There is probably a relay that controls the PWM signal to the Low Beam, but its probably some where in the dash. I am working a solution, hopefully have some results soon that will be a DIY.

I would just wire them to the parking lights atm, I don't know what the PWM signal will do to the HALO CCFL's.
MagnumForceGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #91
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
BTW: I'm still going to recommend a custom retrofit vs the Eagle Eyes. IMO you'll get a lot better light but you will have to pay a little more and/or do more work if you are going to DIY. The finished product will be worth it though.
Sorry if I misunderstood that part.

I want to see pics of your retrofit. How much did you pay in total for everything? A custom job is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's easier just to get eagle eyes. I'm guessing, you need to be without headlights for awhile while yours get worked on. Maybe spend a few hundred bucks on an extra set of headlights just so you can keep driving your car around. Or just get your extra lights retrofitted. Then the waiting starts. It'll all be worth it in the end, I'm just saying why go through all that? I saw that you copied and pasted your post in two 'EAGLE EYE' threads and that last part drove me nuts. Sorry man, but that's just how I saw it. Peace.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #92
cntryman77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Well, the DRL's are the low beams, and there is no fuse for the low beams at all (I believe its protected by a circuit breaker inside the cabin). There is probably a relay that controls the PWM signal to the Low Beam, but its probably some where in the dash. I am working a solution, hopefully have some results soon that will be a DIY.

I would just wire them to the parking lights atm, I don't know what the PWM signal will do to the HALO CCFL's.
I haven't got them yet...this is going to be a spring mod...what I've been thinking is wiring the halos directly to the fuse box with an add a circuit, & running it thru a relay with 2 inputs (drl & parking lights) to trigger it....that way if I turn drls off, the halos go off & if I have the drls or lights on, the halos will be on & the halos will have a clean power source direct from the fuse box...plus I want to pull the drl power wire from the connector to do this so that the headlights will not function as the drls...I'm sure it's not quite that simple, but that's how I was thinking of doing it...I guess the biggest question I have is if you remove the drl wire from the headlight harness plug, will the regular headlights still function properly? ...if you need any help magnum, let me know...in the years I spent working at Delphi, I was involved in the engineering of wiring harnesses (5+ years), so my knowledge of what's there is pretty good...I've just never seen/looked at the schematics for the Camaro to see what's all going on there
Old 12-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #93
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
I haven't got them yet...this is going to be a spring mod...what I've been thinking is wiring the halos directly to the fuse box with an add a circuit, & running it thru a relay with 2 inputs (drl & parking lights) to trigger it....that way if I turn drls off, the halos go off & if I have the drls or lights on, the halos will be on & the halos will have a clean power source direct from the fuse box...plus I want to pull the drl power wire from the connector to do this so that the headlights will not function as the drls...I'm sure it's not quite that simple, but that's how I was thinking of doing it...I guess the biggest question I have is if you remove the drl wire from the headlight harness plug, will the regular headlights still function properly? ...if you need any help magnum, let me know...in the years I spent working at Delphi, I was involved in the engineering of wiring harnesses (5+ years), so my knowledge of what's there is pretty good...I've just never seen/looked at the schematics for the Camaro to see what's all going on there
There really isn't a wire that is the DRL itself, its tied to the low beam. If you pull that wire, you lose your low beam entirely and might get pulled over by the cops at night. I tried adding a relay to the parking light circuit, but it will trip a circuit breaker causing the parking light and the side marker lights to go out.

Do you know of any way to get the turn signal harness extended? Just a female to male connector, straight though. That way people can add LED Load Resistors without having to cut into the factory harness.
MagnumForceGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #94
cntryman77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
There really isn't a wire that is the DRL itself, its tied to the low beam. If you pull that wire, you lose your low beam entirely and might get pulled over by the cops at night. I tried adding a relay to the parking light circuit, but it will trip a circuit breaker causing the parking light and the side marker lights to go out.

Do you know of any way to get the turn signal harness extended? Just a female to male connector, straight though. That way people can add LED Load Resistors without having to cut into the factory harness.
which ones? front or rear? easiest way would be to get connectors & terminals & make your own. you can get them online if you know which ones you need & what they are...the schematics themselves for the headlights & taillights are here on camaro5 though
Old 01-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #95
todrules
Rollin' Green

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM 2 SS View Post
I installed my Eagle Eye headlights and love them. However my right Halo now is not coming on. These headlights don't have more than 3 hours of driving on them.The right one was working fine then it would flicker a bit and turn on - now nothing. The left one comes on dim then brightens. Any suggestions or ideas ???

Thanks !!!!
I am having the same problem. My right halo is not working. Anybody know what could be causing this. I don't have them hooked up the DRLs - just the parking lights. I looked at the connections and everything looks fine.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #96
erk5000

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by todrules View Post
I am having the same problem. My right halo is not working. Anybody know what could be causing this. I don't have them hooked up the DRLs - just the parking lights. I looked at the connections and everything looks fine.
I would suggest to check if your grounding it good or if your connection to the parking lights is good. If you used a splice kit, I recommend u actually just splice the wire because I had at one point an issue with my halo flickering and it was the halo it was the splice kit that was not making a solid connection. Once I actually spliced the wire I had no issues.
erk5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #97
cntryman77

ordered my Eagle Eyes, HID kit, LED turn signal bulbs & resistors today...woohoo
Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #98
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Help with Eagle Eye and HID Wiring

I bought the EAGLE EYES PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS w/ HALO CCFL and the
ZTEC HID Conversion Kit - H9 - 6000K with Standard Relay Harness

I have reviewed the wiring diagrams and have a few questions as I'm admittedly not a wiring guru and there are wires present from the halogen setup that are not shown in the diagram for the HID.

For those who have installed these, please tell me if;

1. The two male wires from the relay plug go into the original "halogen" bulb connector as circled in orange. I know this connection is supposed to go to the factory connection, but the diagram doesn't show how. There are 3 wires coming from this OEM connector,, but only 2 coming from the relay. The white wire and shared ground goes into the light housing. Is this to control high/low beams? When I look at diagrams or watch videos on HID installs, all I ever find is "Plug the relay into the original connector."

2. Is the connector and wire shown in red even needed when using the harness relay?

3. Do the red/black and white/black wires at the top of the picture remain connected as part of the OEM connector.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Attached Images

3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote