Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-24-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
BATGYRL

Drives: Black 2015 LT1 RS
Haters of the Handicap

For the past 4 years I have driven a paint faded 1999 GMC Yukon. I have had handicap placard (card for window vs. plates) and no one has made one mention of whether i should be in handicap. After being a single mom and sacrificing driving the bucket i finally got MY CAR...the car that makes me happy...after ducking ppl i know the car that will make me be seen and now everyone makes comments about whether i belong in handicap or if i look handicap or if i just don't want anyone scratching my ride...WELL DANGIT I DON'T WANT MY CAR SCRATCHED, but must i limp, hold my hand to my chest, use a cane, crutch or walker to prove to you idiots I am handicapped? I've earned every incident of my handicap parking and you know what yes i do drive a sweet as crap 2015 Camaro RS that I love far more than you HATERS!!!
BATGYRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
What?? Forget your meds?
Old 09-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
To whom exactly are you railing against? 3 posts and it sounds like you are accusing everyone on here. That's a little BATCRAZY. Welcome to Camaro5

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I get ya... people LOVE to judge, without having a shred of evidence. They LOVE to decide that you probably shouldn't deserve a handicapped parking spot, because, well, even though they know nothing about you, they have come up with their own wild theories inside of their pointy little heads.

Because SOME wealthy people are bad, and because it's currently very politically correct to do so, some have decided that ALL wealthy people are bad. Because SOME cops are bad, some think that ALL cops are bad. Because SOME dogs bite, there are people who hate ALL dogs. And because SOME people have handicapped placards that they do not deserve, the same illogic used to make prejudiced decisions causes some to think that ALL people with handicapped placards--- especially on nice cars--- are therefore liars, cheats, scammers.

It makes no logical sense... it is disappointing to see that so many are so judgmental, illogical, and insensitive.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Calm down. I don't think anyone here is complaining about your handicap parking.

In general, however, I think that due to people who abuse the system (I AM NOT SAYING YOU), many people are wary as to whether or not someone is legit on that or not. I know of people who have the placard and to whom it was not issued to them.

Again, I'm sure you absolutely have good reason - but I'm just saying why the general public tends to question it sometimes. I would say that while it's okay perhaps to rant in here, I'd try to not explode on anyone in public because, wrong as it may be, they might... scratch your ride.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
I think she is saying that when she parks in a spot and walks in ... people will harass her and question her spot/plates. I could be wrong though!
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Well I guess my only question would be... what is your particular handicap? And before you jump all over my ass for asking, I'm just curious as to how a handicapped person gets in and out of our beautiful Camaros - they're not really conducive to any kind of significant handicap. Hey - if you're legit, more power to ya. If you're milking the system then shame on you. I only say this because of the large number of (apparently) healthy folks who have handicap tags/placards.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #8
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
Have you ever been to a walmart? Every handicapped spot is taken by lazy fat asses that think they are entitled to park close. Things like that make most people wary of the morals of other people
Old 09-24-2015, 02:51 PM   #9
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedOUTSS610 View Post
I think she is saying that when she parks in a spot and walks in ... people will harass her and question her spot/plates. I could be wrong though!
Pretty sure it is this. I had a temp handicap placard (red card) when my knee was hurt so bad I could barely walk, so my doctor prescribed one for me for about six months, but I have been there with the glares and the judgements.

I get it.

Don't judge others, or you shall be judged first.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
TXsilvy

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well I guess my only question would be... what is your particular handicap? And before you jump all over my ass for asking, I'm just curious as to how a handicapped person gets in and out of our beautiful Camaros - they're not really conducive to any kind of significant handicap. Hey - if you're legit, more power to ya. If you're milking the system then shame on you. I only say this because of the large number of (apparently) healthy folks who have handicap tags/placards.
that's a long winded version of what I was wondering. What is the handicap? I never really pay attention to anyone getting in or out of a handicap spot because it's none of my business...but it irks me when perfectly healthy people ride the "scooters" in the grocery store. or lazy fat ****s who just don't want to walk (guess how they ended up weighing 500 lbs) sorry to not be politically correct, and hopefully the OP isn't one of the perfectly healthy fat ****s. a person who voluntarily stuffs their face is not a disability in my mind. that's a completely different rant though and now my post is long winded and probably out of line
TXsilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #12
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I have a handicap placard that is suppose to hang from My mirror. I don't use it. I only used it briefly after My surgery.
I figure weather I walk 20 feet or 200 feet I have the same pain and limp. I'd rather leave the spot for someone who really needs it. Plus I park far away from everyone because keeping My car nice is more important to Me.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #13
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Most handicapped spots I see are much bigger, so would be hard to get a door ding or scratch.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #14
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
So your angry about something about people about.......