Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #57
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS and a 09' Deluxe
Im 37 with a clean record and paying $1150/6 months. I've called around and nothing lower in my area...
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #58
ffej68w

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z & 2003 Honda Civic EX
hey, i've been an insurance agent in TN for 9 years & i usually get asked the same question you're asking.

here's what makes the difference on the rate (again, this is TN but its generally this way)

your age
who the "primary driver" is
your driving record
your credit (believe it or not, if you "take care of your bills" they think you'll be a better driver... i don't agree 100% on that one...
how much the car cost brand new (b/c of replacement parts, etc)

you'll benefit from your parents insurance b/c of the multi-car discount. there's shouldn't go up b/c your a driver, only yours. (again, i'm talking TN)
it doesn't do any good to put it in their name b/c the thing they want to know more is WHO is the primary driver, their age, driving record...

also, alot of folks think that V8 or red kills you... on mine there is not a spot for color & it can tell from the vin if its v8 or v6. the bigger factor there is like i sd originally, what it cost brand new.

my brother, grizzly44, just got his 2ss in VR on friday & he's paying $420/yr on his in MD. not bad.

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe... you're paying WAY too much imo!! you're in kansas city, call a shelter insurance agent in your town, i would think they could do better. that's who i'm an agent for in TN.
ffej68w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #59
MotownSS
Waiting Impatiently

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS BLK/ORANGE
Got a quote from GMAC Insurance. 2010 Camaro SS as a second, 'pleasure' vehicle. 41 year old and single. 1 ticket and 1 total loss accident in the last 5 years. $975 per year.
C2T - Orange Stripe package

MN6 - Manual Transmission
WRS - RS Package

1100 – Preliminary order accepted - (09-18-09)
2000 – Order accepted by GM - (09-22-09)
3000 - Order accepted by production control - (09-25-09)
Built, shipped, ready to pick up! 11-03-2009
Delivered 11-05-2009
MotownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #60
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej68w View Post
hey, i've been an insurance agent in TN for 9 years & i usually get asked the same question you're asking.

here's what makes the difference on the rate (again, this is TN but its generally this way)

your age
your driving record
your credit (believe it or not, if you "take care of your bills" they think you'll be a better driver... i don't agree 100% on that one...

you'll benefit from your parents insurance b/c of the multi-car discount. there's shouldn't go up b/c your a driver, only yours. (again, i'm talking TN)
it doesn't do any good to put it in their name b/c the thing they want to know more is WHO is the primary driver, their age, driving record...

also, alot of folks think that V8 or red kills you... on mine there is not a spot for color & it can tell from the vin if its v8 or v6. the bigger factor there is like i sd originally, what it cost brand new.

my brother, grizzly44, just got his 2ss in VR on friday & he's paying $420/yr on his in MD. not bad.

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe... you're paying WAY too much imo!! you're in kansas city, call a shelter insurance agent in your town, i would think they could do better. that's who i'm an agent for in TN.
Thats great information thanks, I am hoping the multi-car discount is decent since my parents car insurance is fairly cheap.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #61
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
I am trying to do some research on the financial impact of this car, and I have all the figures except for insurance. My concern is because I will be 23 the insurance on this car will be unbearably expensive. I thought maybe if I put the car under my parents insurance I will save a great deal of money. The problem is I am making the payments on the car so I own the car, is it still possible to get the car under my parents insurance? Thanks for the input.
Here in Massachusetts if you live in the same household you must be listed as a driver and the insurance will go up accordingly. Also, you must be the owner to insure it.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #62
gjordon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS\RS
2009 King Ranch\2010 Camaro.. 49 years old, no accidents or tickets.. Geico @ $1306 per year.. multi discount and voluntary defensive driver discount.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #63
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
Here in Massachusetts if you live in the same household you must be listed as a driver and the insurance will go up accordingly. Also, you must be the owner to insure it.
Yes I am very aware of this. When I was 18 I still lived in New York, since I was living in the same household as my parents they raised my parents insurance. Since it was New York they took them to the cleaners, thats why I am so concerned about the insurance. Where I live now my father is only paying $700 per 6 months for two new vehicles which is a fraction of what we payed for one 15 year old vehicle when we lived in New York.

However I am still concerned they (The insurance company) will punish me just for being young. Even though I haven't had any tickets or accidents on my record in 4 going on 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjordon View Post
2009 King Ranch\2010 Camaro.. 49 years old, no accidents or tickets.. Geico @ $1306 per year.. multi discount and voluntary defensive driver discount.
I heard about this "Voluntary Defensive Driver Discount". In the community where I live they have classes and supposedly it brings down your insurance somewhat.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #64
mikedcmf
Mike

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
This car is considered part time for me since its not driven in the winter. I have no points in the last three years. 2ss, 6m, rs. I'm 48 and live in Ohio. Every car I have ever owned I have wrecked. I have been driving trucks for about 25 years. I traded a lemon in for a Lincoln LS and guess what.... I wrecked it. That was 4 years ago. Just got the Camaro and my insurance is $275 for 6 months. 1000 deductable. My credit is outstanding. This car is my baby and I plan to own it until I die. I think I am going to buy another car and park the truck or sell the truck and get another beater. I don't even want bugs on this car
mikedcmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #65
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:

your age
your driving record

That's just great! Confuse the entire topic with facts.

It was more fun to spread misinformation until you came along.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #66
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedcmf View Post
This car is considered part time for me since its not driven in the winter. I have no points in the last three years. 2ss, 6m, rs. I'm 48 and live in Ohio. Every car I have ever owned I have wrecked. I have been driving trucks for about 25 years. I traded a lemon in for a Lincoln LS and guess what.... I wrecked it. That was 4 years ago. Just got the Camaro and my insurance is $275 for 6 months. 1000 deductable. My credit is outstanding. This car is my baby and I plan to own it until I die. I think I am going to buy another car and park the truck or sell the truck and get another beater. I don't even want bugs on this car
Wait whats this about "part time"?

The winters here are terrible and after November I don't plan on driving the Camaro. How do you apply for this part time setup? Is it just based on mileage?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #67
ffej68w

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z & 2003 Honda Civic EX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
That's just great! Confuse the entire topic with facts.

It was more fun to spread misinformation until you came along.
haha, sorry! its what i've done for 9 years!

btw - i got a kick out of the "add p90 x" to add muscle to your muscle car. if we're on the same page, i've done p90-x for 2 years now & am a coach w/ team beachbody. bring it!
ffej68w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #68
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
My 07 Cobalt cost me $120/month to insure. Both the Cobalt and the Camaro (I have the 2SS) cost $220 combined.

I'm 21, carry my own insurance, and the only co-signer on my loan was my wife (/sugar momma ). I also have a 17 over speeding ticket still on my record (comes off next month!!)
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Dan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #69
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I just got a quote from Ameriprise for $430 semi annual ... w/$500 deduct ... Think I'll take it, way better than NationWide ....
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #70
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
haha, sorry! its what i've done for 9 years!

btw - i got a kick out of the "add p90 x" to add muscle to your muscle car. if we're on the same page, i've done p90-x for 2 years now & am a coach w/ team beachbody. bring it!
I've done P90X for a year now and it definitely has transformed me.

"X" ME.....
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote