Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #29
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
That's what I was thinking too, but I didn't want to say I thought that because I wanted to see if anyone was drawing the same conclusion. There's two of you so far that thinks he was "saving" the allocation for his lot or showroom.
GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!!!
Just like what happened with the 05 mustangs. A local Ford dealer in my town told people they would sell them a mustang at MSRP and got their deposit. When the car was being built they change the price on them and offered back their desposit. They did this just because Ford was filling custom orders first and the dealership wanted a show room car to mark up. So, they got the person to order a Mustang and lied to them and jack up the price on them so they could have the car for them selfs. Oh, this dealer got busted by my local TV station for doing this. Souless

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes

fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #30
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't really blame salespeople for not knowing everything about this car or even GM policy. How much do any of us know about our companies, products, or services? It is hard to demand a car salesperson to know everything about this car and its allotment, features, or options.

This guys does not know what is happening when it comes to the Camaro. Many of us here at Camaro5 have an expertise in the Camaro. We don't have expertise in other cars. For example, I can tell you all about the Camaro, but don't think I'll be able to recite options or pricing for a Chevy Aveo. I know a little about the Aveo, but I couldn't tell you all of the features like I can with the Camaro. As a salesperson, this guy is responsible for a lot of cars and trucks. It is impossible to memorize every feature of every car on the lot.

Basically, just expect them to price it for you. You can learn the features and options here. Camaro5 is full of great buying advice, too. Don't expect your salesperson to guide you through the process. They're only there for a paycheck; you're there for your favorite new Chevy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfret7 View Post
Yeah, but it's his job to know. If my job was just selling cars, I would know alot about my car line up. Plus, they work off commission. I guess I'm just really into cars.

That's exactly what i was going to say it is their JOB to know about these things.He is a terrible salesman and i would never do business with them.In fact i would go to another dealership and order one bring the "slip" of paper(which is actually a print out)show it to him,and then thank him for being Incompetint.That is one of the problems in this country today,too many people just half-assing around in a daze.If i half assed at my job no one would be able to connect to towers with their cellphones.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #31
blakeequalshyphy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
When I was talking to him I couldn't help but shake the feeling that he was perfectly informed and was trying to misinform ME!

I'm going to try a different dealer on Monday.

I am a bit worried though because the guy was talking about huge markups being put on by other dealers. I was getting the feeling maybe he was going to say his markup was much smaller than others...
I had the EXACT same problem. Just got to find the right dealer
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #32
fastfret7

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
That's exactly what i was going to say it is their JOB to know about these things.He is a terrible salesman and i would never do business with them.In fact i would go to another dealership and order one bring the "slip" of paper(which is actually a print out)show it to him,and then thank him for being Incompetint.That is one of the problems in this country today,too many people just half-assing around in a daze.If i half assed at my job no one would be able to connect to towers with their cellphones.
HaHA. If I slacked off at my job you people wouldn't get your "Deadliest Catch" nor "Dirty Jobs"! You and I could hinder the world...LOL

In my garage:

Old 10-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #33
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Yup. He could be the nicest guy in the world but he's misinformed.
+1, if ur gonna sell it ya better know damn well all ya can about it. "_
Old 10-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #34
Nexus6
More human than human

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't really blame salespeople for not knowing everything about this car or even GM policy. How much do any of us know about our companies, products, or services? It is hard to demand a car salesperson to know everything about this car and its allotment, features, or options.

This guys does not know what is happening when it comes to the Camaro. Many of us here at Camaro5 have an expertise in the Camaro. We don't have expertise in other cars. For example, I can tell you all about the Camaro, but don't think I'll be able to recite options or pricing for a Chevy Aveo. I know a little about the Aveo, but I couldn't tell you all of the features like I can with the Camaro. As a salesperson, this guy is responsible for a lot of cars and trucks. It is impossible to memorize every feature of every car on the lot.

Basically, just expect them to price it for you. You can learn the features and options here. Camaro5 is full of great buying advice, too. Don't expect your salesperson to guide you through the process. They're only there for a paycheck; you're there for your favorite new Chevy.
Quote:
HaHA. If I slacked off at my job you people wouldn't get your "Deadliest Catch" nor "Dirty Jobs"! You and I could hinder the world...LOL
Half-assers of the world UNITE !!
Old 10-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #35
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looks like the old "Use allocation for dealer stock cars and arrange a bidding war with potential customers who see them on the lot" trick.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:16 AM   #36
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
When I sold cars, I tried to know as much as I could about the other cars, sometimes I had to force myself to learn about Malibus and Cavaliers (at the time) but I did it.

I sell forklifts and service now...guess what I learned about forklifts and I even try to get to know about other dealers' service as well. Because when the customer asks about my response time for service..."we'll get there when we get there" just doesn't seem to impress him much.

Captain, My local dealer has 7 cars available only 2 spoken for. He said MSRP only (at least not over) if you want his number I can give it to you. In fact I told him I wasn't going to order until I saw the car, and colors, he asked what I wanted to see, and I think he is going to try to order one in the way I want or at least the color I want so I can see it, knowing I'm not buying the car when it gets here. Man what a jerk!
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #37
Glenn Buege Chevrolet

Drives: 1966 442 W-30
Sad all this misinformation is going around...it makes allot of dealers look for a lack of words STUPID...we are fortunate to have very knowledgeable sales women and men at our dealership!
Glenn Buege Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #38
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Buege Chevrolet View Post
Sad all this misinformation is going around...it makes allot of dealers look for a lack of words STUPID...we are fortunate to have very knowledgeable sales women and men at our dealership!
Yes but do your knowledgeable sales people sell the 2010 Camaro at MSRP?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #39
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here's a question:

If dealer allocation for 2011 is based on their 2010 Camaro sales and in 2010 they were only allocated 1 or 2 cars at a particular dealer, how on earth can they get the allocation higher?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #40
Nexus6
More human than human

and one thing i forgot to mention,and this is a big one.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/

i mean. is he gonna argue with this? C'mon .how much of a tool is this guy .
Old 10-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #41
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:

That is just downright frightening... I don't think I could survive. If you had added Mythbusters in there, I probably would have hung myself.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #42
fastfret7

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
That is just downright frightening... I don't think I could survive. If you had added Mythbusters in there, I probably would have hung myself.
Well, I guess I could just press a few buttons....Do you really watch MythBusters? If you like that, check out "Storm Chasers". That's one of our newer shows. I think you might like it! It's on Sundays at 9 or 10

In my garage: