Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Red Jewel spray paint?

I've been wanting to get various bits and bobs and paint them to match my exterior paint coat, but haven't found anywhere that would sell anything but tiny pots of touch up paint, or 5 oz micro spray cans in Red Jewel. Perhaps my google-fu is just very poor, and others have had better luck; does anyone know of a source to acquire Red Jewel spray paint?

=edit=

As an alternative, is there a colour that is close to red jewel? Perhaps, since the red jewel is a multi-layer job, a series of colours I could spray to approximate the red jewel tint coat?

Last edited by Angelsilhouette; 05-07-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
I have the same problem. I spoke with the Customer Service rep at automotivetouchup.com and they told me they will mix paint based on our paint code. They don't list it on their site so you have to give them a call.

Paintscratch.com sells the 2 part (basecoat and tintcoat) red jewel for ~$50 for a 12oz spray can.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Angelsilhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I have the same problem. I spoke with the Customer Service rep at automotivetouchup.com and they told me they will mix paint based on our paint code. They don't list it on their site so you have to give them a call.

Paintscratch.com sells the 2 part (basecoat and tintcoat) red jewel for ~$50 for a 12oz spray can.
Ugh, I'd rather buy a bunch of the little 5oz red jewel spray cans for $12.50 each than $50 for 12oz. If automotivetouchup is the same, I may just go for a completely different colour for my engine cover and the other bits and bobs under the bonnet and inside the car.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
dellidog
Dellidog

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs rjt
Under hood mods

I found Dark Cherry Metallic in a rattle can, by Dupli-Color Perfect Match at Auto Zone. It doesn't match perfectly but it is really close.
Attached Images

dellidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:

I'm not sure what you are talking about, they have red jewel on their site...

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...t&model=Camaro

$13 for a 12oz can
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I'm not sure what you are talking about, they have red jewel on their site...

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...t&model=Camaro

$13 for a 12oz can
Thanks. It wasn't working for me before. When I plugged in 2010 Chevy Camaro, Red Jewel wasn't there. Really, I'm not crazy, I swear....

When I follow the link, it's $20 for the 12 oz. spray can. Where did you see it for $13? Is there a promo code or something?
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
You might also want to check with a local autobody paint supply store. They should be able to match it and provide you with touch up paint in a can or a bottle with a seperate sprayer.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
I brought in the paint code to an auto body shop in town and they mixed me up a spray can for like 25 bucks or so. Mine was IOM but you can do the same. Just get some clear to go over the top when you're done and she'll be bang on.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
You can go to NAPA Auto parts and give them the GM paint code. They will mix you a can of spray pain for around $20!!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
Angelsilhouette

Fantastic! Thank you all for the great suggestions!

Oh, and:

Quote:
Thanks. It wasn't working for me before. When I plugged in 2010 Chevy Camaro, Red Jewel wasn't there. Really, I'm not crazy, I swear....

When I follow the link, it's $20 for the 12 oz. spray can. Where did you see it for $13? Is there a promo code or something?
I see it for $20, too.