Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #1639
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by null_x86 View Post
Heh, you and me both! From AZ, and NC isnt all that good on staying warm :p

its low 50s right now... suppose to get to like 31 tonight...
NC aint bad. was stuck in iceland before NC. lol. btw congrats on joining the worlds greatest air power.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #1640
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Bushings are not too hard to change. Sometimes it is as simple as a durometer change. In other cases they can need complete redesigns which is a tool modification or change.

Is your thought the brakes need upgrading from the Brembos?

Is a package similar to the Corvette Z51 enough?
In regard to brakes, I think it would be nice to have the extra performance larger rotors would give, mainly for the guys that like to corner... alot! !Z28!

From what I know about the Z51 option, I think it would definitely be worthy of the FE4 designation.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #1641
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Bushings are not too hard to change. Sometimes it is as simple as a durometer change. In other cases they can need complete redesigns which is a tool modification or change.

Is your thought the brakes need upgrading from the Brembos?

Is a package similar to the Corvette Z51 enough?
Not sure what is included in the Z51???

Why not turn to Pedders as GM has for the show cars. Subbing it out may prove not only simpler, but more profitable. It seems more & more Manfacturers are doing this.
It gets instant street cred when performance cars have aftermarket brands used as made for manufacturer upgrades.

The same tried and tested Xa coilover system with beefier sways, & some urethane bushes in the right locations all from Pedders.
CTS-V brakes. Special forged wheels 20X9 all around with 295/35/20 tires. Faster/more weighted steering.
Freer flowing intake and exhaust. Basically a GS version of the Camaro! And a BIG plus it's all bolt-ons

If a niche vehicle like the Vette can support a; Base, Base convertible, GS, GS Convertible, Z06, & the ZR1, is it not simple to believe the higher volume of the broader appealing Camaro would produce even better sales volumes by expanding it's marketability?

Have Whitacre give me a call.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #1642
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
If a niche vehicle like the Vette can support a; Base, Base convertible, GS, GS Convertible, Z06, & the ZR1, is it not simple to believe the higher volume of the broader appealing Camaro would produce even better sales volumes by expanding it's marketability?
Only a niche vehicle like Corvette can support so many trims and options. They don't have as much of a price ceiling, nor return-on-investment to worry about. (especially not 5 years into the generation...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Not only is that one of the mos accurate things you've ever said. I will do everything in my power so that I never will...

The fact that you can say that makes me jealous....but....I call it "a more well-rounded life experience".....
BUT...even if I move out of state, I won't be going far...you WILL be visiting me in the coming years. Muhahaha, then you'll understand!!!

Quote:
Yes, weenie probably correct. The older I get....................the more I hate the cold.
I used to hate the cold...only in the past couple of years have I started to like it...

Quote:
Ok then lets occupy ourselves with this question.

Assuming IF there is to be such a Track Pack or FE4 option what should it include?
Lightweight rotors, stiffer, Z06-like (race) suspension, thicker tires, and more aggressive brake pad compounds. Upgrading the calipers, I think would be more show than go. I mean, the car already stops as quickly as a Z06 Vette: 4 pistons on all 4 corners is more than enough....maybe paint them a special color?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #1643
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Upgrading the calipers, I think would be more show than go. I mean, the car already stops as quickly as a Z06 Vette: 4 pistons on all 4 corners is more than enough....maybe paint them a special color?
The larger calipers would be ideal for track use. I always wondered why they put 14.4's in the back... Always figured there's a set of 15's in a box just waiting for that FE4 upgrade. !Z28!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #1644
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I don't think of ,say, magnetic ride in a track pack like setup.

I see stiffer setup... Sway bars, etc maybe a true coilover... and the higher steering rate.

I don't know enough about what suspension components do to really express what I think should be there.

But I certainly want the understeer eliminated. And I want that balanced/stiff feel that breeds the confidence to throw it around if you get my meaning.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #1645
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I don't know enough about what suspension components do to really express what I think should be there.
But I certainly want the understeer eliminated. And I want that balanced/stiff feel that breeds the confidence to throw it around if you get my meaning.

The trackpack (if there is one) should make the car feel "tossable".
Old 12-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #1646
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

The trackpack (if there is one) should make the car feel "tossable".
tossibly-delicious
Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #1647
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Well howdy there gang! I should have never believed our uncle when he said he was done bouncing me around the middle east..... I dont like him right now lol. Im back and it looks like I have alot of catching up to do!

Hope all is well for everyone!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #1648
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Well howdy there gang! I should have never believed our uncle when he said he was done bouncing me around the middle east..... I dont like him right now lol. Im back and it looks like I have alot of catching up to do!

Hey smack! Glad you're well. Reminds me of a joke... I'll save it for later

All is well on this end
Old 12-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #1649
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post

All is well on this end
Glad to hear all is well
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #1650
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
tossibly-delicious
Is that official engineering terminology?

...I like it!!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #1651
ShnOmac

Quote:

...I like it!!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #1652
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

We are! And happy you are too!

You were missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post

All is well on this end
Howdy Mr. C

Quote:
Quote:
tossibly-delicious

...I like it!!
Me too
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014