Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #15
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Of course they do.
How do you think they are transported from the factory on trucks and trains?

It is only in race track environments when they need to be quickly removed from the track when a tow hook is needed.
Well let me see here. They DRIVE them up onto the transports and rail cars and then tie them down. They don't pull them up like they do on a Tow Truck. I thought most people's know this method. Maybe you have a different idea.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #16
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
bringing up an old topic for a reason. had a Camaro come in on a flatbed- it now needs a new fascia. The tow truck guy hooked to the tie down points under the car, but the angle of the winch line between the tow truck and the car pulled the winch line up against the bottom of the fascia and ripped the ever living sh*t out of it.
Tie down points are not recovery points, but that's beside the point. There's nothing to hook to on the front underneath unless you are winching or pulling from something 4" above the ground or lower... otherwise the cable pulls up on the fascia.

If you go on a track, you will regret not having hooks. The workers on a track do NOT care what they use to pull the car out of harm's way... and they NOT lose a minute of sleep if they pull your car apart like a twizzler- they are just concerned for the safety of people- cars have no value to them.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #17
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Agreed to all of the above. I'd also include that I have a car that's lowered on Eibach springs, my track wheels are 18" and I have an APR splitter installed. My car sits roughly 3" off the ground when I'm in race trim. No way a tow truck driving is going to get under my car to fish his hook around the right support piece. The tow hook saves me and him a lot of headaches.

And I'm waiting for my ZL1addon tow hooks to arrive next week. John builds great stuff!

cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior, fold, hook, tow