Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Gforce 9" install on se7en car

We started this install by removing a 9" rear end kit that had been installed last year by another shop.

once the rear end was removed we noticed that the upper part of the sub frame had been cut out for clearance on the top side of the housing and that the three mounting holes had been enlarged for larger bolts

After repairing the over sized holes in the sub frame we where ready to start the Gforce install.

This is the system we removed.

This is the Gforce 9" kit that we installed.After making the sub frame repairs the Gforce kit bolted in the sub frame just like it was from GM,we used the factory bolts to put it back into the car.

Here is a picture of the Gforce third member just before bolting it in the car.

Here is the new Gforce axle shafts,they are a very nice part.Once we had everything bolted into the car it made for a very nice install.If we had been removing the factory rear diff and making the Gforce 9" install it would have taken alot less time,due to the cradle repairs it took more time.

Here is se7en's car once the install was done.He has been to the drag strip every weekend since the install and has had nothing but good to say about the Gforce rear end assembly.Even running with slicks and 750Hp.Now he has one less thing to worry about at the track or when cruising the streets hunting Mustangs.
If you are thinking about installing a 9" in your car take a good look at Gforce they make some great products and are are there before and after the sale.Once you talk to them you will know you have the right company.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Zman12

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Great looking car and nice looking rearend!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Another job well done by Bruce and Eric at Raymond's performance. What gear ratios are available with this setup?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Strange Engineering offers almost all standard 9" gear ratio's. Standard Street or Race "Pro" gears are available. We do not recommend the Race "Pro" gears for street car applications because they are too soft.

Thanks!

Last edited by GFORCE1320; 08-13-2012 at 04:10 PM.
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
XCLR8

Drives: 2010 2SS
It looks like a very easy install. There must have been some serious issues with the 1st 9" rear end.
XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8 View Post
It looks like a very easy install. There must have been some serious issues with the 1st 9" rear end.
It is a very easy install and works very well.Gforce has done their home work on this kit.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Looks awesome, They make some top notch stuff!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #8
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8 View Post
There were many issues with the first 9" from brand X and finally after many months of frustration I reached out to GForce and they assured me no problems from their kit. Im very pleased with this kit, setup and everything about it. Im amazed on how well it all went together and how easy it would be for a guy and a garage to install. Not a problem at all now after beating he hell out this thing at the drag almost every weekend
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #9
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Another great job by the guys at Raymonds....they're the best!

On a side note, how in the world can you afford to just scrap the first setup and switch to the G-Force? If you aren't wanting to post on here, do you mind shooting me a pm with the issues you've had.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #10
se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Another great job by the guys at Raymonds....they're the best!

On a side note, how in the world can you afford to just scrap the first setup and switch to the G-Force? If you aren't wanting to post on here, do you mind shooting me a pm with the issues you've had.
When you already have as much money as i do invested into a car, then you want it to "Right". Its unfortunate in my situation, but im very satisfied now with the results. GForce are some great people to work and their product amazes be compared to brand X. I cant say enough good about the guys over at Raymonds Performance and the quality of work they do as well.

There are some big name companys that trust both GForce and Raymonds for their quality and expertise I have no problem trusting them as well.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
se7en

Hey Bruce have you got my undercarriage clean yet lol
Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Hey Bruce have you got my undercarriage clean yet lol
So you want us to remove the fresh undercoating?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
So you want us to remove the fresh undercoating?
But of course

I figure that between you, him and Abigail or whatever her name was you guys would have it covered
Old 08-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #14
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
We started this install by removing a 9" rear end kit that had been installed last year by another shop.

once the rear end was removed we noticed that the upper part of the sub frame had been cut out for clearance on the top side of the housing and that the three mounting holes had been enlarged for larger bolts

After repairing the over sized holes in the sub frame we where ready to start the Gforce install.

This is the system we removed.

This is the Gforce 9" kit that we installed.After making the sub frame repairs the Gforce kit bolted in the sub frame just like it was from GM,we used the factory bolts to put it back into the car.

Here is a picture of the Gforce third member just before bolting it in the car.

Here is the new Gforce axle shafts,they are a very nice part.Once we had everything bolted into the car it made for a very nice install.If we had been removing the factory rear diff and making the Gforce 9" install it would have taken alot less time,due to the cradle repairs it took more time.

Here is se7en's car once the install was done.He has been to the drag strip every weekend since the install and has had nothing but good to say about the Gforce rear end assembly.Even running with slicks and 750Hp.Now he has one less thing to worry about at the track or when cruising the streets hunting Mustangs.
If you are thinking about installing a 9" in your car take a good look at Gforce they make some great products and are are there before and after the sale.Once you talk to them you will know you have the right company.
Bruce,

Did you get the other set of axles installed that we delivered to you at the C5Fest? I forgot all about those. We talked to your customer at the Fest and he sure was anxious to get them.

I'll bring you a set of axles for your road race car when we meet up at the Holley Fest.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote