Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Arizona Anyone know where the Rail Yard is?

Ok so, my 15 Year old is brimming over with excitement. I guess our car is in the Rail Yard in Peoria. Maybe stuck for the weekend.

With everyone posting pictures from rail yards around the country he wants to go by and see if he can see his new car.

Can't really blame him.

Anyone know where that location is in Phoenix? For some reason I thought it was in Peoria maybe?

Thanks!
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Couldn't find a reference to anything... typed in "Peoria,AZ Railyard" on google earth and this popped up. No clue if this is really it or not.

Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
MikeySoft
Mikey

Yea not sure. Still don't have any data on it. How hard can it be to find this place?
All the cars from GM come off there right?
Old 07-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
evilways

Drives: 2006 INTIMADATOR SS
RAIL YARDS IN AZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySoft View Post
Ok so, my 15 Year old is brimming over with excitement. I guess our car is in the Rail Yard in Peoria. Maybe stuck for the weekend.

With everyone posting pictures from rail yards around the country he wants to go by and see if he can see his new car.

Can't really blame him.

Anyone know where that location is in Phoenix? For some reason I thought it was in Peoria maybe?

Thanks!
There are two rail yards where they unload cars one's in Tempe, Az. and the other is in EL Mirage, Az. On the west side. Most Government Motor cars go to Tempe Az.
evilways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
MikeySoft
Mikey

Do you know the Address in El Mirage? or Tempe? Can't seem to find it.
Can we actually drive over there and look over the Fence and maybe take a picture?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
evilways

Quote:
Do you know the Address in El Mirage? or Tempe? Can't seem to find it.
Can we actually drive over there and look over the Fence and maybe take a picture?
YES!! EL Mirage Is right along Grand Ave right next to the tracks just west of the Ague Fria River, Tempe not to sure on locacion 6612 west Chandler right to north is government motors center there are 4 or 5 streeets that put you rigth up to fence ??? long time since I have been that way!! Use Google Earth and look around for Rail yard.

Last edited by evilways; 07-11-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: ops
Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
MikeySoft
Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilways View Post
YES!! EL Mirage Is right along Grand Ave right next to the tracks just west of the Ague Fria River, Tempe not to sure on locacion 6612 west Chandler right to north is government motors center there are 4 or 5 streeets that put you rigth up to fence ??? long time since I have been that way!! Use Google Earth and look around for Rail yard.
Thank You So Much... So El Mirage.. from Chandler, go up to the Black Canyon and get off on Grand? Ague Fria River? is that a street? Do you happen to have the Address?

Like Grand and What Ave? about?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
evilways

Still on the look ??

Quote:
Thank You So Much... So El Mirage.. from Chandler, go up to the Black Canyon and get off on Grand? Ague Fria River? is that a street? Do you happen to have the Address?

Like Grand and What Ave? about?
Well Have you found what you are looking for. I forgot about the rail yard in Phoenix AZ.:( it's just east of 7th streeet, east of the ball park, That's the biggest of the rail yard in the Phx. area. And real easy to get right up to the fence, all the way around it. The newest rail yard is the one out in El Mirage, AZ. I think that is where Fords and Mazda, are off loaded. Phx, are where dogdes are off loaded and some imports???? Most imports are truck in from Calif.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
MikeySoft
Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilways View Post
Well Have you found what you are looking for. I forgot about the rail yard in Phoenix AZ.:( it's just east of 7th streeet, east of the ball park, That's the biggest of the rail yard in the Phx. area. And real easy to get right up to the fence, all the way around it. The newest rail yard is the one out in El Mirage, AZ. I think that is where Fords and Mazda, are off loaded. Phx, are where dogdes are off loaded and some imports???? Most imports are truck in from Calif.
Well AZ2010SS just responded and he seems to know what the deal is.

My 15 year old, (who is getting this car), is making me CRAZY all weekend long trying contain himself. I was the same way I guess when I got my first car.

So AZ2010SS says..." train yard is just north of Buckeye between 8th street and about 14th street. My office is about a mile from there so Ill stop and see if I can see anything. Im sure you'll have your car the first part of next week!!"

So I think yea it might be the one by the ball park right? So If I take the 10 to 7th and jump off and go Left, I should be able to find it right?

Yea not too far. Besides it hot and yukky out so why not check it out?

Old 07-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
Evotion

Quote:
Well AZ2010SS just responded and he seems to know what the deal is.

My 15 year old, (who is getting this car), is making me CRAZY all weekend long trying contain himself. I was the same way I guess when I got my first car.

So AZ2010SS says..." train yard is just north of Buckeye between 8th street and about 14th street. My office is about a mile from there so Ill stop and see if I can see anything. Im sure you'll have your car the first part of next week!!"

So I think yea it might be the one by the ball park right? So If I take the 10 to 7th and jump off and go Left, I should be able to find it right?

Yea not too far. Besides it hot and yukky out so why not check it out?

As opposed toooo..............
Old 07-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
MikeySoft
Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
As opposed toooo..............
True True, Is unusually hot today. Showes 115 on my gauge on the house.

So yea we have just been sitting around playing XBox360.

I did just get a call from my "For Sale" on my 1999 Lincoln Continental Ad. Been thinking pretty strongly about keeping it as my Driver. It was my Dads and when he died I took it over. I've done like "Everything" by the book to keep it really nice.

OH well, this guy is driving over from Mesa to get a look at it. Everyone else that looiks at it says..... "It's Kinda a Dads Car"

ah yea??? I always say...

This guy sounded kinda like an Older fellow so I dunno maybe he'll take it.

Timing would be pretty good!

Last edited by MikeySoft; 07-12-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
MikeySoft
Mikey

Quote:
True True, Is unusually hot today. Showes 115 on my gauge on the house.

So yea we have just been sitting around playing XBox360.

I did just get a call from my "For Sale" on my 1999 Lincoln Continental Ad. Been thinking pretty strongly about keeping it as my Driver. It was my Dads and when he died I took it over. I've done like "Everything" by the book to keep it really nice.

OH well, this guy is driving over from Mesa to get a look at it. Everyone else that looiks at it says..... "It's Kinda a Dads Car"

ah yea??? I always say...

This guy sounded kinda like an Older fellow so I dunno maybe he'll take it.

Timing would be pretty good!
:party0038::party0038:

Sold. Wow what amazing Timing. So this older Couple comes over to look at the My Daily Driver... Which I had on cars.com for a month.

Still, kinda feel weird about selling my dads car... being in such good shape. Its been a great driver for me since he died. Only really have room for 2 cars anyway... So yea... umm I'm glad. I told the people that purchased it that I needed it for a couple more days, as the Camaro is still in the RailYard.

Good timing I guess. Price was good, about what I asked for it. So I guess it worked out good right?
Old 07-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #13
kstmbkes

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2ss Rally yellow
Send a message via Yahoo to kstmbkes
I took delivery of my Camaro on Thursday. I am in love. This sexy machine turns soooo many heads its narcissisticaly funny. I love the attention. Gateway Chevy in Avondale did a great job. their service and sales people are top notch.
kstmbkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
Evotion

Quote:
:party0038::party0038:

Sold. Wow what amazing Timing. So this older Couple comes over to look at the My Daily Driver... Which I had on cars.com for a month.

Still, kinda feel weird about selling my dads car... being in such good shape. Its been a great driver for me since he died. Only really have room for 2 cars anyway... So yea... umm I'm glad. I told the people that purchased it that I needed it for a couple more days, as the Camaro is still in the RailYard.

Good timing I guess. Price was good, about what I asked for it. So I guess it worked out good right?

Glad you found a buyer... I finally found a buyer for my Evo last month. I told him he could have it when I got a VIN (which I did 2 weeks ago), had no idea at the time I would be instrumental in anchoring the new "area 51". He is coming by tomorrow to get it, I would have been less sad had I known my car would be here shortly... now I wonder.