Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
Dynabyte

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/NPP Red Hot
Since my car (built Feb 25) is exhibiting the rear end alignment problem with excessive wear on the inside of the rear tires - and a couple other folks here have reported this - perhaps this is the problem they are looking into? I have no evidence of this - just thinking out loud...
Old 05-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Well I did the customer service chat thing again today, and got some very helpful people. Unfortunately, I did not get any more information. There comment was that it should ship soon, probably in about 1 week. I told them that was very poor customer service, and reminded them that the car was built on 4/18 (TPW 4/15), and that we are closing in on one month to fix the problem. He then said that there may not be a problem, to which I suggested that they then ship the car. I also brought up that cars (1LE's) built after our car had been shipped, and I did not think that was right. They are trying to get more information for me. Both the GM rep and myself were never rude, and I believe they will get back to me. I just thought this might be interesting to those that are in the same boat as me. Hang in there.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
Overclock

Drives: 2000 Ford Ranger, 2013 AGM 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Well I did the customer service chat thing again today, and got some very helpful people. Unfortunately, I did not get any more information. There comment was that it should ship soon, probably in about 1 week. I told them that was very poor customer service, and reminded them that the car was built on 4/18 (TPW 4/15), and that we are closing in on one month to fix the problem. He then said that there may not be a problem, to which I suggested that they then ship the car. I also brought up that cars (1LE's) built after our car had been shipped, and I did not think that was right. They are trying to get more information for me. Both the GM rep and myself were never rude, and I believe they will get back to me. I just thought this might be interesting to those that are in the same boat as me. Hang in there.
I have been told it should ship "by the end of the week" for about 3 weeks now, so I won't hold my breath.

But, as others have stated, I would rather get it with any problems fixed than have to bring it in to fix the problem later!
Overclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclock View Post
I have been told it should ship "by the end of the week" for about 3 weeks now, so I won't hold my breath.

But, as others have stated, I would rather get it with any problems fixed than have to bring it in to fix the problem later!
I have said the same thing, and could not agree more. It is just very disappointing. I know it will all be water under the bridge when that day comes that we get our car!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #19
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
GM customer service is useless beyond simple tasks. Polite and professional, but useless. Getting anything beyond a simple question answered is not going to happen.

But I am willing to wait for the car if they resolve the issue. I would rather have an issue free car than deal with problems.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Thx for all of the comments and I agree, I’m happy to wait for the car to be fixed.
It is very similar as when you are at the airport and there is a delay to check a fault light on the plane………… I’ll wait while they check things out, it is better to make sure everything is good.
If it is a real issue and effecting cars already delivered, there will be a maintenance bulletin. Or if real bad, a recall. Hoping for the best
h018871 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #21
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Quote:
I hate how nobody can ever give anyone straight answers. Get this:

My dealer told me it was built and shipped and that I should have it by mid April. Well, Mid April came and went and he promised April 24th'ish, which also came and went.

Finally I find out that it was finally built on the 29th and was in the shipyard ready to go. But do you think GM can tell me if it was shipped yet? OR where it is? Or if its still there,why? Or if there's a quality hold on it? Or anything? This is so stupid they should just provide the info so we don't have to keep bugging them all the time.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #22
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com

Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
Quote:
good looking out. mine was built 04/20 and im finding out that cars that were built just over a week ago are shipping. wtf is that? i am a patient man, and would love to know why. never thought of that whole online customer service thing. either way, get it to me nooooowww.
Toxikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #23
KlugSS

Mine was built last monday 5/6/13 and is in transport.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #24
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
I am updating all of the threads I have participated in.

My was built late last week, hood was wrapped Monday and Tuesday. ARRIVED AT THE DEALER TONIGHT!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
I hate how nobody can ever give anyone straight answers. Get this:

My dealer told me it was built and shipped and that I should have it by mid April. Well, Mid April came and went and he promised April 24th'ish, which also came and went.

Finally I find out that it was finally built on the 29th and was in the shipyard ready to go. But do you think GM can tell me if it was shipped yet? OR where it is? Or if its still there,why? Or if there's a quality hold on it? Or anything? This is so stupid they should just provide the info so we don't have to keep bugging them all the time.

Hello 2Muchmark,

I understand your frustrations with this delay circumstance. We definitely appreciate your patience and the patience of all our customers awaiting delivery. The Camaro ZL1 and 1LE are currently under a quality assessment review. The assessment involves looking at each ZL1 / 1LE unit still at Oshawa to ensure it meets our standards. After the assessment is completed, the units are sent off to the dealers.

Please understand, quality assessment does not necessarily mean there is an issue with any one or all the cars. It is the plant's opportunity to ensure the cars are meeting and exceeding the set standards before the unit is shipped to the dealer and ultimately delivered to the customer.

I hope this information helps.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #26
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
Hello,
I have a 1LE on order and it was due for delivery in mid Apr. The sales guy tells me the issue is a "quality hold" on all 1LE's and ZL-1's due to the rear wheels. he did hint that is wa related to the "rear end", but did not understand what the true issue was.The funny thing is that the 1LE and ZL1 have different wheels. He did not know how long the hold will be, but expect it to not be more than a month.
Do anyone have any other info or rumors?
Hello h018871,

I have posted the following information on this thread below but I wanted to address you as well directly. We definitely appreciate your patience awaiting delivery. The Camaro ZL1 and 1LE are currently under a quality assessment review. The assessment involves looking at each ZL1 / 1LE unit still at Oshawa to ensure it meets our standards. After the assessment is completed, the units are sent off to the dealers.

Please understand, quality assessment does not necessarily mean there is an issue with any one or all the cars. It is the plant's opportunity to ensure the cars are meeting and exceeding the set standards before the unit is shipped to the dealer and ultimately delivered to the customer.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #27
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
You guys are complaining about a 1 month delay? That was quick earlier this year; my car was in quality control for several weeks--55 days from build to arrival.
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #28
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello h018871,

I have posted the following information on this thread below but I wanted to address you as well directly. We definitely appreciate your patience awaiting delivery. The Camaro ZL1 and 1LE are currently under a quality assessment review. The assessment involves looking at each ZL1 / 1LE unit still at Oshawa to ensure it meets our standards. After the assessment is completed, the units are sent off to the dealers.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Reggie,
Thank you for the information. I think the part that frustrates me, and quite honestly that I do not understand, is that cars that were produced later than ours, by over two weeks, have been delivered, and ours has not even shipped yet. The only logical explanation for that I can come up with is that some of the cars have issues that are requiring repair. If not, and Chevy is just randomly checking cars for release, and not in order of build, then they are failing in a big way in terms of customer service. I have managed manufacturing facilities for the last 15 years, so I understand that things can happen. I just wish someone would be honest and let me know the truth. Thanks for your time.

Tags
quality hold