Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #43
Vintendo

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convert
Heads up to anyone with the sub thump harness for adding a sub woofer. This might make the subwoofer less loud. Compensate by adjusting gain at subwoofer amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:09 PM   #44
Vintendo

You are a genius hahaha. This sounds amazing. Though I expect the stock speakers to say goodbye soon hahaha

Damn I wish I didn't order the fark harness today hahaha

Old 03-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #45
erftbll81

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Glad that worked out. I ended up checking my speakers and it didn't have any identifier for the type of audio system.
erftbll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #46
Vintendo

I don't get how this works haha but wow!!! The stock speakers sound great!! But I have the feeling too much will bring them to a fast crackling death hahah

Old 03-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #47
TheFlyingBananaSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
The BA system will say it right on the door speakers. What's even more wacky is this low volume issue is exactly how my STOCK BA system sounds. It's total crap! I've got blown speakers from a system that has no power from the factory amp. GM bent me over again.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #48
Vintendo

The stock one sounded restricted too (BA) I thought it was a measurement taken by gm to prevent people from blowing their crappy card board speakers. I mean really 50 grand for a car that has no name crap audio gear. Wth is boston anyway? Lol my last car Infiniti had bose and blew this system out of the water. Why don't these company's license Ken wood or someone else. So when you get an upgraded sound system which you pay so much for. It's a real upgrade. This is just an embarrassment and let down.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #49
Bennieficial

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro SS
Yes I have the BA system. And if you aren't able the FARK kit, u could sell it to me lol

I also noticed that when I put everything back in, I still get that annoying static sound. IDK if it's from interface from the wires or if switching to this Standard Factory input. I have a feeling that this input brings up the gain which is why I could be hearing it. Do you have this issue also?
Bennieficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #50
Vintendo

Hmmmm now you have me and the Mrs's about to go check. I was about to write no we don't and then we looked at each other. Like oh fu..... let's go check hahah.

Do you mean like normal static? Cause we thought we heard some static during radio playback and wrote it off as bad signal or something lol.

One thing I should say is DO NOT HOLD THE ANSWER BUTTON DOWN ON YOUR STEERING WHEEL!

Omg onstar is so loud that it sounds like the speakers are about to blow up haha.

Also def remove your old Bluetooth for the stock system from your phone.

Noticed that when it was still using the Bluetooth from the car and not the head unit,it causes the head unit to go black and won't come back until you shut off Bluetooth on your phone. At which point the head unit restarts.

Same thing with trying onstar. The head unit then reboots

Old 03-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #51
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
Kenwood Head Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintendo View Post
thanks , the head unit was at sale at best buy for 599. and worth Every penny if you ask me lol.

I will try and get some pics of it all done, cleaned up and put together heh

Was having too much fun driving around after to take pics LOL
Which Kenwood did you go with?

PAC RPK-GM4101, Pioneer DDX9903S, Arc Audio PS-8, PSC, Mmats HiFi 6150D, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4 (2), GB60, GB25, GB10
beak81champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:24 AM   #52
Vintendo

DDX9703S

Awesome head unit. Has all the features you could want.

Hdmi input was great cause I hardwired a amazon fire stick into the car and did the video bypass haha. Perfect for going to the lake and enjoying a nice movie thanks to T-Mobiles unlimited data haha.

Really though it's so much better then a head unit that has the knobs on the side. This is so slipstream.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:28 AM   #53
Bennieficial

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro SS
It's a constant low static like the signal isn't clean. If you turn up the volume you won't notice it, but at low volumes is definitely noticeable.

Another issue i've noticed with the PAC kit...in order for the chime to work when I'm backing up, I have to put the car in reverse twice. Doesn't work the first time you put it in reverse. I drive a manual. Do you happen to have this issue too?
Bennieficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #54
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennieficial View Post
It's a constant low static like the signal isn't clean. If you turn up the volume you won't notice it, but at low volumes is definitely noticeable.

Another issue i've noticed with the PAC kit...in order for the chime to work when I'm backing up, I have to put the car in reverse twice. Doesn't work the first time you put it in reverse. I drive a manual. Do you happen to have this issue too?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466017
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #55
Vintendo

I would have to say we took the car out last night for a nice cruise and didn't have any issues with static. Also have to report that there is no issues with the chime as well.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #56
erftbll81

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintendo View Post
I would have to say we took the car out last night for a nice cruise and didn't have any issues with static. Also have to report that there is no issues with the chime as well.

The only issue I have with the chime is that when I have my turning signal on, the chime is really low, in all other situations (like when I first open my door and get in) it's really loud. No noticeable static issues over here though.
erftbll81 is offline   Reply With Quote