Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 AM   #15
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"
 
STUNNAH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
I just bought a 2013 Ashen Grey ZL1 6 Speed Convertible with 12k miles for $35,500. Private owner deal. Nav, Exposed Carbon Hood, Suede Interior pkg and factory windscreen.
You got a great deal...You know we like pics around here...
__________________
Vengeance Racing Stage 1 Kit 575rwhp, 569 rwtq...
Rims powder coated gloss black...BFG'S Comp 2 A/S...
Dual 10" Kicker Comp S Subs 1200w...

STUNNAH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:47 AM   #16
Can'tHave2MuchHP

 
Can'tHave2MuchHP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible M6
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
The drive train of the 5th gen will win out....


LOL at people that say this unproven.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #17
autoguy
 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Cars
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
You got a great deal...You know we like pics around here...
Only pics I have so far. Car is still in SC.







autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #18
silversleeper
 
silversleeper's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 camaro 5thgen
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: California
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Bryant View Post
Asking prices for a ten-year-old Mustang GT500 are still in the high 20s for high-ish mileage examples (north of 50k) and low-/mid-30s for cars with lower mileage. I think that provides an indication of the floor for ZL1 prices.
It's a good reference. I considered a GT500 but the prices seemed higher than similar mileage and year ZL1's.
There are so many ZL1s produced and faster ones being made I don't think there will be big collector value, but it is a camaro and performance per dollar will keep it to upper 20s for any decent example for some time I think.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #19
Juniorss
 
Juniorss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Corvette GS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 29
I think they will bottom out in the low low 30s for one with miles on the lower side for the next couple years. A 2012 in average condition with 9,000 miles went for 34k at auction recently. A 2012 with 60k went for $28k. What I'm wondering is what the ceiling will be. 2017's are getting discounted to high 50's at some dealerships. When used ones start popping up, I'm sure you will be able to get them in the low-mid 50's. I couldn't imagine paying more than low 40's for a really low mileage 2015 at this point.
__________________
2013 Corvette GS
2016 Ram Torred Sport- DD


Juniorss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #20
cristafari
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 (Victory Red)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: VA
Posts: 2
Hey, guys! New to the forum, as I just picked up my 2013 Victory Red ZL1 this past Saturday. I had been looking for a good 6-8 months at pricing and these things seem to be all over the place in my area. A few examples:

- 2012 Red w/ 5k mi. (premium wheels, no moon roof, no suede pkg.) = $34,600
- 2012 Black w/ 54k mi. (premium wheels, moon roof, no suede pkg.) = $36,000
- 2013 Red w/ 3,000 mi. (standard wheels, no moon roof, suede pkg.) = $40,000
- 2014 Yellow w/ 16k mi. (standard wheels, moon roof, suede pkg.) = $37,900
- 2015 Grey w/ 5k mi. (premium wheels, no moon roof, no suede pkg.) = $46,800

A few factors came into play on my decision concerning options. Not a fan of the suede steering wheel (I tend to get my hands dirty and would be angry all the time at the sight of a dirty wheel), and not a fan of moon roofs (I like to forget things from time to time). I am a fan of the premium wheels, but the fiancee loved the black rims, so I had to placate her in order to let loose the "purse strings" to buy my last toy before we start a family. I'm sure plenty of guys on here know where I'm coming from there! The vehicle was priced at $40,000, so I low-balled my first offer to $36,000. Their counter ended up being $37,700 and there was no budging on their end past that. I'd like to think I got a decent deal, as the car only had 770 miles. I'd be happy to hear anyone's thoughts on the price ranges listed and the deal I ended up signing. Be gentle!
cristafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #21
DeSH
 
DeSH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #4801
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristafari View Post
Hey, guys! New to the forum, as I just picked up my 2013 Victory Red ZL1 this past Saturday. I had been looking for a good 6-8 months at pricing and these things seem to be all over the place in my area. A few examples:

- 2012 Red w/ 5k mi. (premium wheels, no moon roof, no suede pkg.) = $34,600
- 2012 Black w/ 54k mi. (premium wheels, moon roof, no suede pkg.) = $36,000
- 2013 Red w/ 3,000 mi. (standard wheels, no moon roof, suede pkg.) = $40,000
- 2014 Yellow w/ 16k mi. (standard wheels, moon roof, suede pkg.) = $37,900
- 2015 Grey w/ 5k mi. (premium wheels, no moon roof, no suede pkg.) = $46,800

A few factors came into play on my decision concerning options. Not a fan of the suede steering wheel (I tend to get my hands dirty and would be angry all the time at the sight of a dirty wheel), and not a fan of moon roofs (I like to forget things from time to time). I am a fan of the premium wheels, but the fiancee loved the black rims, so I had to placate her in order to let loose the "purse strings" to buy my last toy before we start a family. I'm sure plenty of guys on here know where I'm coming from there! The vehicle was priced at $40,000, so I low-balled my first offer to $36,000. Their counter ended up being $37,700 and there was no budging on their end past that. I'd like to think I got a decent deal, as the car only had 770 miles. I'd be happy to hear anyone's thoughts on the price ranges listed and the deal I ended up signing. Be gentle!
I think you got an almost new car for $37,700. Great deal! It's ridiculous what these cars are selling for nowadays.
DeSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #22
SarGar
 
Drives: Nova
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cheyenne WY
Posts: 27
Just picked up a super clean, low mile 2013 up for 38.5k. Couldn't ask for a better deal to fall in my lap. Car was local which saved a trip and the owner was very cool. I love deep blues on cars (my 2000 SS was a NBM), and the Blue Ray Metallic is a gorgeous color!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483663
SarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:51 AM   #23
DeSH
 
DeSH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #4801
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarGar View Post
Just picked up a super clean, low mile 2013 up for 38.5k. Couldn't ask for a better deal to fall in my lap. Car was local which saved a trip and the owner was very cool. I love deep blues on cars (my 2000 SS was a NBM), and the Blue Ray Metallic is a gorgeous color!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483663
Congrats! You got a beautiful, well maintained ZL1 at a great price.
DeSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:46 AM   #24
cristafari
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 (Victory Red)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: VA
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarGar View Post
Just picked up a super clean, low mile 2013 up for 38.5k. Couldn't ask for a better deal to fall in my lap. Car was local which saved a trip and the owner was very cool. I love deep blues on cars (my 2000 SS was a NBM), and the Blue Ray Metallic is a gorgeous color!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483663
Beautiful car! And people say you can't wear navy with black You got a screaming deal as well. I came across one in my search with a black fuel door and thought it really made the car pop. Of course, you know what they say about opinions...

How long were you searching? What kind of price ranges did you see out in WY? It's starting to look to me like pricing is going to hover around $33k-$45k for 2012-2015 models for a good bit, depending on mileage and condition, of course.
cristafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #25
SSteven
 
SSteven's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 343
Just picked up a loaded 2013 with 5k miles for 37k from a local dealer. I agree the prices are all over the place. Carmax wants 44k for the same setup. It's so odd to see higher mileage at the same price as low mileage

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 ZL1 - Black Auto/Nav/Sunroof (purchased 3/2017 with 5k miles)

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #26
autoguy
 
autoguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 80Z, 99 SS,09,10,11 SS Pace Cars
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
You got a great deal...You know we like pics around here...







autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.