Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #2773
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
So who do you guy's think is going to win the heisman?

My top 5.......

1. Toby Gerhart

2. CJ Spiller

3. Mark Ingram

4. Colt McCoy

5. Tim Tebow
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #2774
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...l-america-team

Academic All - American Team.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #2775
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

I dont beleive these #'s there is not "1" Sooner on the whole list.

We all know they are smart asses
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #2776
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
So who do you guy's think is going to win the heisman?

My top 5.......

1. Toby Gerhart

2. CJ Spiller

3. Mark Ingram

4. Colt McCoy

5. Tim Tebow
I think it all depends on what happens December 5th. Right now I see it going to either Ingram or McCoy. If Ingram has a big game against Florida and Bama wins... Ingram has it in the bag. If McCoy has a big game against Nebraska and Texas wins, McCoy has it. If they both have big games and both win, it's a toss up but would say McCoy takes it.
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #2777
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Best coaching job in the U.S. Florida isn't. Good one for sure, but don't kid yourself. USC is the tops. Sunshine, beaches, Cal., Celebs, hot women, Emperror status, recruits. So much stuff to do you can't do it all.

Much as I hate USC, it would be a pretty damn good coaching gig.
Did I say "best coaching job"? No. I said that it has always been a good football program. He left Utah, why would he take 1 step ahead, and then 2 back by going to ND? I wouldn't even call USC the best coaching job in the US.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #2778
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
I would be willing to hear what makes it the best coaching job. Is it money, fame, fan loyalty, tradition. surroundings(location), power, or something else?

I believe Bob Stoops loves Oklahoma the State also. It's a slower life here and his money that he makes here goes farther than it would in say Florida or S. Cal.

He also has a loyal following from his peers too. Many of the coaches of other sports attend his games to watch and I know that he attends many other sports games when he has the time. He has been shown on TV at many of the basketball games both women and mens.

Oklahoma State for example has traditionally been a resume builder for many coaches that were on their way to somewhere else. Les Miles went to LSU, Jimmy Johnson to Miami, and many others passed through here. I believe now we are headed in the right direction because Mike Gundy is an Okie St. man to the bone. I also beleve that is what Boone Pickens has been waiting for.

Oklahoma State used to be a starting point for many coaches and Oklahoma has always been a landing point for many coaches.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #2779
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
Did I say "best coaching job"? No. I said that it has always been a good football program. He left Utah, why would he take 1 step ahead, and then 2 back by going to ND? I wouldn't even call USC the best coaching job in the US.
I was addressing Zues. And I was combining the conversation of 'Coach' and 'Program', and giving an opinion. I thought we were talking about coaches possibly leaving. (And in fact we were) So if you think it's not a factor in a coaches decision then you haven't been paying attention to the coaching carosselle. So Urban Meyer wouldn't leave UF. I wouldn't either if I were him. He's loved beyond measure there right now and they are a major NCAA program. I didn't think for a second he would go to ND and nor should he. ND is career suicide right now. lol
Old 11-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #2780
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
When I think best sports program..I think of all the collegiate sports programs as a whole..not just football.but thats just me

The LSU baseball team is a pretty good spot to be the head coach just to name one.

It would have to be a place where success is easily attainable. For example, Vandy has verry little chance of competing for a NC. Too much competition for recruits. Let's face it, they will NEVER get the bulk of recruits over the Bamas, Georgias, Floridas, LSUs, Tennesees, etc.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #2781
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Rankings of College Sports Programs:(old but a good rating system)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html
Good article. But I was mainly talking about individual jobs.

And led me to this memory. :(

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.11.html
Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #2782
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Rankings of College Sports Programs:(old but a good rating system)
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html
lol Florida is ranked 7th....

Of course... this is the year we didn't win any titles...

Why don't you pull one up of 2006? 2008? or even later 2009? lol.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #2783
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
i said it was old but an example of across the board not just football but all sports didnt find a more current one
oh well.........

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4686668
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #2784
springerpete
Orange GM freak

I think that the study was a little skewed. How do you substitute volleyball for lacrosse? Neither one of them is big here in the middle of the country. I would think volleyball is more west coast and lacrosse is more east coast.

We are only 3rd in total National Championships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahom...0%93Stillwater

Oklahoma State has owned golf and wrestling for many years now. I figured the totals were pretty good since we don't have any football NCs, yet.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #2785
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerpete View Post
I think that the study was a little skewed. How do you substitute volleyball for lacrosse? Neither one of them is big here in the middle of the country. I would think volleyball is more west coast and lacrosse is more east coast.

We are only 3rd in total National Championships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahom...0%93Stillwater

Oklahoma State has owned golf and wrestling for many years now. I figured the totals were pretty good since we don't have any football NCs, yet.
Volleyball is real popular over here in the east. Lacrosse..I think Chrisgalles played it in college out in Texas somewhere...oh and I loved going to the womens volleyball game when in college....google image search
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #2786
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Quote:
Volleyball is real popular over here in the east. Lacrosse..I think Chrisgalles played it in college out in Texas somewhere...oh and I loved going to the womens volleyball game when in college....google image search
Don't you watch TV? Texas is like a whole 'nother country. Maybe they don't advertise that where you are but it's on here all the time.

I can't comment on the girls volleyball because my daughter plays. I don't want to look like a perv.