Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
darty111

Drives: F'ing rental till cam get here
Angry quality control issues

I've got a new baby born 5/4-- 6cyl auto rs. IOM
Car has vin but has been 3800 since birth, and am told it is in QC, could be 1-4 weeks. Has there been any issues with above type car that would make QC necessary, as I have seen many cars beyond vin 7389 already shipped, transported etc.....?????
darty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Read this:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22367

And be thankful your car is being built to proper standards instead of being released to you with defects. In any mass production, errors will happen. Good companies fix those issues.

By the way, what dealer are you working with? I live sorta near the La Canada area.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
darty111

Bought thru Rydell in Van Nuys Oct. 13th MSRP........
Old 05-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
I remember a time not so long ago where shipping a car to the dealer with know problems was NORMAL practice. MAybe the consumer would find the defects maybe not. Dealers most of the time knew about the defects but didn't fix then unless you found them or complained. Fix the cars, make them the best you can BEFORE shipping.
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Hmm what salesman did you buy from?

Be careful with Rydells. I bought my Cobalt from them, and it has been hit/miss. The Cobalt was a dealer dress-up on their "Rydell Performance Designs" showroom floor. They added aftermarket power windows and locks (it was an LS), spoiler, wheels, and tires. I bought the car right around closing time, and it was late so I agreed to take delivery the next day. On my way to the dealer I call them up letting them know to get the PDI going, and the salesman informs me that while driving it off the showroom floor, the battery died. They jumped it, but that threw it into limp-home mode. They got it all worked out later, and I got a new battery and a free extended warranty.

Upon later inspection, I realized that the aftermarket wheels have different lip depths left and right. I took it back, and it turns out they meant to put the deeper lips in the back. For some reason they thought staggered lip depths would be awesome. so no tire rotations for me. They rotated the wheels so the deep lips were in the back, shallow lips in the front as originally intended instead of left/right. I drove home, and the next day sheer a stud off one of the wheels because they overtightened the lug. At this point I'm living in Azusa, so I drove to a closer dealer for safety reasons, intending to forward the cost on to Rydell for reimbursement. They never got back to me. They ignore all my calls, all my emails, everything. At this point it is a $30 repair so I give up trying to collect.

Later, I came due for a tire change, and in the process I discovered the wheel/tire combo they used is significantly larger than stock. Stepping down one size not only saved me money, but put it almost perfectly in line with stock overall tire height. Ride, handling, and braking immediately improved.

The sales experience was fine, but service has also been a mixed bag. Some service visits go very smoothly. They have very affordable maintenance prices ($25 oil changes FTW) and completed one warranty repair quickly, correctly, and with great communication, but have put up fights over other issues.

So be careful dealing with them, and do not under any circumstances let them do any dealer add-ons to your car, because they really suck at that.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
i want cammy to be the best se ca be...if i have t wait another month for that to happen, i will.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darty111 View Post
am told it is in QC, could be 1-4 weeks.
Same story I got last week.

Problem is, with all that has happened.... I don't believe it will be 4 weeks or less. I'm pretty much going to be surprised if it's less than 6 weeks. And then, what the hell, add another 2-3 weeks for delivery because something will get f'd up with that too.

So, I'm guessing I'm looking at delivery around 7/2-7/9. Which is kind funny because I had decided 2 months ago I'd cancel my order if it wasn't here by the second week of July.
Your Camaro's traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wonderous land who's boundaries are that of imagination. Your Camaro's next stop........AREA 51.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #8
darty111

my original question remains.....What about this particular model is causing QC? Many others are made and shipped same day. IS THERE A HOLD UP ON 6CYL>???????
Old 05-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Mine was built 4/18 so it's been sitting in never never land for almost a month now. By the time they release our cars the new ones will HUD and NAV...I really hope it's not too much longer and I'm curious to know the problme(s).
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
There is no constraint on 6 cyl speed manual.... they just have not built any.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by darty111 View Post
I've got a new baby born 5/4-- 6cyl auto rs. IOM
Car has vin but has been 3800 since birth, and am told it is in QC, could be 1-4 weeks. Has there been any issues with above type car that would make QC necessary, as I have seen many cars beyond vin 7389 already shipped, transported etc.....?????

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote