Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
SuperSlick

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
IPS Twin Turbo Kit!

I am very excited about this kit! But i have questions. What will this kind of power do to my transmission and engine. Is this kit going to cause problems like a blown transmission or engine in the long run, assuming its a daily driver and your responsible about your car. Also will i need to make internal engine modifications? Any Advice will help. Thanks!

Last edited by SuperSlick; 12-11-2013 at 08:22 PM.
SuperSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSlick View Post
I am very excited about this kit! But i have questions. What will this kind of power do to my transmission and engine. Is this kit going to cause problems like a blown transmission or engine in the long run, assuming its a daily driver and your responsible about your car. Also will i need to make internal engine modifications? Any Advice will help. Thanks!
Collateral damage from the kit is much less about the added power and more about how the car is driven with the added power. If you add DR's and bolt-on's and go drag racing weekly you will break everything sooner than later on a bone-stock car.

That being said, the bonus of a TT Kit is that you can choose a boost level you are comfortable with and then adjust up/down as the need or situation dictates.

Since you are in Ohio shoot me a PM or email (jeff@ipsmotorsports.net) and I will get you a nice "Winter" install/tune deal.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote