Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2017, 02:55 PM   #323
mjuris23
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 7
Should the tensioner have any sort of play in it left to right? I've shredded 2 belts now in a week. See the video.

https://youtu.be/ZA4CYPuSlW4
mjuris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #324
jaymoo7
 
jaymoo7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 A6
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 208
Not to get off topic here, but TED......You are one class act and a helluva sponsor, mentor and friend. You offer the most as far as hands on experience, advice, and just if you need to chit chat about car related needs. Hands down, to me one the best. I am glad to be apart of of this community with you!
__________________

SOLD 2013 Camaro ZL1 M6
2013 ZL1 A6- Still completely stock.
jaymoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:15 PM   #325
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 13,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjuris23 View Post
Should the tensioner have any sort of play in it left to right? I've shredded 2 belts now in a week. See the video.

https://youtu.be/ZA4CYPuSlW4
Any tensioner will have some side to side movement it will find it's own center.

I need more information to help you diagnose any belt failures.

Alignment is Key, Flat belts will walk toward any misalignment.

Please contact me directly
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:16 PM   #326
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 13,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoo7 View Post
Not to get off topic here, but TED......You are one class act and a helluva sponsor, mentor and friend. You offer the most as far as hands on experience, advice, and just if you need to chit chat about car related needs. Hands down, to me one the best. I am glad to be apart of of this community with you!
Thank you sir, We appreciate the kind words, and your business.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #327
craigd853
 
Drives: 199 SS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you sir, We appreciate the kind words, and your business.

Ted.
Hi Ted quick question for you. I have a 2010 L99 with a new Edelbrock Supercharger and all of the supporting mods which I purchase from you to include: id 850 injectors, upgraded fuel rail, fuel pump, FPCM, and spark plugs. Is the tensioner that you sell on you web site stronger for the Edelbrock supercharger? I supposedly have the upgraded one that Edelbrock uses in todays superchargers. I'm still having a little slippage problem. I have the 3.50 pulley which I purchased from you folks and you suggested that I put the Gatorback 4061055 belt on the supercharger which is currently what I have on the car. I'm still seeing small amounts of black dust on the tensioner. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:54 AM   #328
tbss1
More then meets the eye!
 
tbss1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maui
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Hello and congrats on a great blower.

I guess it will depend on how complete the kit you purchased is.

You can put it on your all stock L99 and make some nice power.

Things I recommend are.

ZL-1 fuel pump
Special Fuel pump control module
ZR-1 3 bar Map sensor
TR7IX plugs
Set of MSD wires

A custom tune will be required.

I can provide a custom email tune for you.

Ted.
Hi Ted, I just ordered a whipple tuner kit with all the supporting mods, and rough idle cam kit from you. I know the tuner kit doesn’t come with a fuel control module, and you didn’t include one in the parts that you recommended. Will need to order one, or is the ZL1 fuel pump, ZR-1 3 bar map sensor enough?
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, OBX l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, modified air intake (CAI), Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidampr 25% upd, MGR shifter, VTC, and tune by Jannetty Racing. MRR M228 rims, phantom grill, vinyl wrapped hood and rear spoiler.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:12 AM   #329
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 13,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
Hi Ted quick question for you. I have a 2010 L99 with a new Edelbrock Supercharger and all of the supporting mods which I purchase from you to include: id 850 injectors, upgraded fuel rail, fuel pump, FPCM, and spark plugs. Is the tensioner that you sell on you web site stronger for the Edelbrock supercharger? I supposedly have the upgraded one that Edelbrock uses in todays superchargers. I'm still having a little slippage problem. I have the 3.50 pulley which I purchased from you folks and you suggested that I put the Gatorback 4061055 belt on the supercharger which is currently what I have on the car. I'm still seeing small amounts of black dust on the tensioner. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks
Thanks for the pictures via email we determined your belt was too long.

My supertensioner does not work with Edelbrock superchargers.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #330
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 13,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
Hi Ted, I just ordered a whipple tuner kit with all the supporting mods, and rough idle cam kit from you. I know the tuner kit doesn’t come with a fuel control module, and you didn’t include one in the parts that you recommended. Will need to order one, or is the ZL1 fuel pump, ZR-1 3 bar map sensor enough?
Thank you for your order, Yes sir, you will need our FPCM to run your ZL-1 pump correctly.

I apologize if that was missed on your order.

Thank you for your business.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #331
tbss1
More then meets the eye!
 
tbss1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maui
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you for your order, Yes sir, you will need our FPCM to run your ZL-1 pump correctly.

I apologize if that was missed on your order.

Thank you for your business.
FPCM is the “fuel pump control right? if that’s right you did include that in the kit. Sorry first F/I build.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS, OBX l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, modified air intake (CAI), Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidampr 25% upd, MGR shifter, VTC, and tune by Jannetty Racing. MRR M228 rims, phantom grill, vinyl wrapped hood and rear spoiler.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #332
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 13,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
FPCM is the “fuel pump control right? if that’s right you did include that in the kit. Sorry first F/I build.
Yes sir it is, Fuel Pump Control Module.

No worries, better to ask then not and be missing something.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.