Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
I have mohawk lifts they are probably the most expensive lifts on the market but they are built like brick shit houses and i wouldnt trust my life under any other lift.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #16
Clustergear

Drives: 68 Camaro, 2011 Conv.
I had posted this in another tread about lifts.

I put a 4 post lift in for service and extra parking, I went with a Ben Pak HD9 extra wide. With the extra wide it is 107" between posts I can park a flat deck car trailer under lift (most trailers are 102 wide at end of fenders) With the extra wide you can also drive a pickup truck on lift and not have get out of truck to push mirrors in so they don't hit the posts. Also bought the wheel kit I can push the lift around the garage with a car on it. Lift doesn't have to be bolted down and it very sturdy with either a camaro or a heavy Suburban on it. Another thing to think about is, do you have plans down the road of get pickup extended cab or crew cab. Order a lift that long enough to fit wheel base of what in your future. I welded up some steel to make cross braces that fit in to jack channel on lift, lay braces in than put plywood down and now have full flat deck to put motorcycles or any other junk on. Put it up in the air and now more floor space. I'm 5'8" and I can walk under with out ducking. Here's the place that had the best price. I also put put two 220 plugs on the ceiling so if I move lift it will work any where in garage.

http://www.asedeals.com/garage_lift.html
Clustergear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
I have mohawk lifts they are probably the most expensive lifts on the market but they are built like brick shit houses and i wouldnt trust my life under any other lift.
+1

They are also made in the good 'Ol USA! Anyone who can afford a Mowhawk owes it to themselves to go to their website to see all of the defferences beween them and the rest......amazing!
From a satfety standpoint they are head and sholders above the rest.
Attached Images

CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Drives: '02 Phase II ZL1/'97 30th Annv. SS
Lifts

I have a Bend-Pak 4 post 12,000 lb. lift with two 6,000 lb. rolling jacks. It should do anything that I'll ever need it to do.

4th Gen Camaro Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
CEE

Drives: '02 T/A; '13 2SS; '22 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02zl1_97ss View Post
I have a Bend-Pak 4 post 12,000 lb. lift with two 6,000 lb. rolling jacks. It should do anything that I'll ever need it to do.

WOW! & WOW!
CEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #20
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
Quote:
I've had the same Mohawk for 21 yrs. and it's been lifting everything from loaded down 1 tons to Honda Civics without ONE single problem. To me, there are two kind of lifts. The first is bought by a guy in a suit who's trying to save money. The second is bought by the guy standing under it. Mohawk is bought by the guy under it.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #21
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I have a used car lot in Pittsburgh PA. and I just bought a new lift last year. I got it through Advance auto parts and love it. I paid $ 2300.00 installed. I give them alot of business and they gave me a good deal.. Check them out..
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Garage Lift

OK, Got finished sooner than expected.

I have true 9' ceilings and a fairly tight opener system.
The MaxJax has a maximum lift of 48". Plenty for what I am doing.

I ran into some challenges along the way. Here are some photos of it.

I will most likely reroute the hoses up to the ceiling to get them off the floor and mount the pump/tank assembly on the wall.

Post up and questions / comments you have.

As Delivered

Unpackaged

Measuring and squaring the pillars

Directions are clear, no less than 4" thick concrete. Should not be a problem. First hole 4.0" Drilled with rotary hammer 5/8" first then 7/8" for the anchor. Using the sacrificial bolt and nut, you drive the anchor in.

Got all 5 holes drilled, but 2 anchors would not set. Removed them and measured again..... 3.5" and 3.25"... Ah crud... A call to Danmar and got the news, pour footings 4'x4'x12" Yep that's alot of mud.

To the rental and back with a saw.

Thank goodness for young help.

Nice "Little Hole" under the SS

Full Load of Mud

One of two big holes getting filled

Filled and finished

Marking for new holes.

Wife's Altima on the lift rotating tires and changing oil. Installation went smooth.

View from the rear of the SS. It is at full height.

Here I am sitting beneath the SS. There are solid bars that insert in the pillars. It prevents the cross support from descending.

View from rear sitting beneath.

And finally here it is all tucked away.

Unfortunately the SS has not been inside for a several months.
The garage has been invaded by this.....

Sorry for the lousy photo - Phone and sun glare).

Post up and questions / comments you have.

ZooDad

Last edited by ZooDad; 02-07-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Photo rehosting
ZooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #23
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
I have been talking to a local guy that has been installing lifts for over 25 years. He said the main thing to look for is to make sure any lift you are buying is ALI certified. That means it has been third party tested to verify that it can and will hold the weight that it is rated at. I saw a video somewhere of a lift that was not ALI certified and it crumbled at way less than the load rating on it. If I can find the video I'll post a link.
I've been looking at the Challenger lifts (www.challengerlifts.com) and the rotary revolution lifts. I'm more of a 2-post lift fan for general service work purposes but I have also been considering a 4-post lift for parking and storage to get one of the camaro up in the air to free up garage space.
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #24
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L82RUN View Post
I just built a garage and had a BendPak 2 post 10k lb lift installed. Garage was built to accommodate the lift. Ceiling is 12' 4" high.
I will trade you my wife and girlfriend for your garage.. pm me if interested..

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #25
2L82RUN

Drives: ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGs SS View Post
I will trade you my wife and girlfriend for your garage.. pm me if interested..
Already have a wife and unable to support another or a girlfriend. I think you'd win big time on that deal!!!

This is a time lapse of the first major use my new garage/lift got. Total rear end work on my SS. Diff bushings, 1400hp axles, trailing arms, toe rod arms, and carbon fiber driveshaft!!

2L82RUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #26
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Think two forklifts...one each side and 1/2" steel construction and foremost no cables!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
jjwvette

Drives: Corvette StingRay
I have a Eagle lift.
I started this project in 2007

Heres where I am now in 2013 and still not finished
jjwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #28
moondog933

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
www.worthequipment.com made right there in Mansfield Tx. I bought a 2 post 10,000lb clear floor lift and it picks up my 1 ton easily...very good price and built in the USA.
moondog933 is offline   Reply With Quote