Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Mindz' CF52 pics

So I know I didn't take as many pics as everyone else but I figured I'd share what C5F2 looked like from my perspective.

I headed out a day early to be there Thursday morning to help the vendors set up. When we got to the track and pulled up to the front entrance for vendors, this is what it looked like behind us...
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Just before opening the gates GTAHVIT had a pep talk with all the vendors who had been waiting in line patiently (some as early as 6am!!!)
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Next came the mobile detailer cleaning off the bugs from my 13.5 hour trip down.

He had a prety nice set up, tents to shield the car from the sun, full trailer with all sorts of products.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Getting back to the fest, I was amazed at how fast these vendors can set up booths/displays.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

GM had parked 2 cars on the grass where their booth was to be set up and we were to share the space with their cars. I took the liberty to snap a few shots before putting the covers on the cars for the night.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

The next morning, I headed off to the PFADT Track Assault event going on which would take up my whole day almost. I met a few people at the driver's meeting and was able to set up my camera and snap a few shots of the two groups before me, and had a couple people take shots of my car going around the road course. Most didn't turn out well so I only kept a few shots.

Revo's Red Monster, Pumpkin driven by Mercury Man, and an unknown ABM beauty made the shots that I took as I spent most of my time getting ready for my group and lining up after the first group went. I did get a few of Jeff Bucknum taking Revo's Fiancee for a spin, but those are posted in his build thread (REVO1).
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

This next set of pictures I had mixed feelings on. On one hand I was happy that I have the only surviving set of wheels in the world like mine, but on the other hand someone destroyed a set of wheels.

Gary, the owner of a white SS had a rep from Air Lift taking his car out on the track for him. I'm guessing the 285 tires were WAAAAY too narrow for the 11" wheel and during a turn the bead broke and the wheel popped out of the tire and ground on the ground. This wheel is all but destroyed. Bismarck from USW is going to have a hell of a time fixing it and even fixed, I don't know if this will ever be 100% like new again.

It is a testament, however, of the strength and quality of the monoblocks USW puts out. They may be expensive, but imagine what a cast wheel might have turned out like after this.

Warning, this isn't for the faint of heart...
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

That was the end of Day 1. I didn't spend much time ANYWHERE except for the road course and then going to dinner. After staying up until abuot 4:30am in the parking lot, I was back out at the track at 8:10am the next day ready for some fun. After running twice down the strip, I was able to head back to the hotel to grab some jeans so the track officials didn't get mad at me, and while I was there, I had the mobile detailer shine up my engine bay.

When I got there, Anne from the H-Town Camaro Club was having her car washed. We chatted a little bit about life, c5fest and the camaros and then she went on her way, but while she was grabbing something from her room, I snapped a few shots of her car outside while mine was being cleaned.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #9
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Getting back to the Fest yet again, I pulled my car onto the grass and found a spot between the GM cars to park. I set up my display board and magazine article and let the GM employee who kept the cars spotless and dustless all day have some time with it.

GM had a top notch crew and it was nice to get out of the sun and hang around the booth with the Mods and GM staff.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Walking down Vendor alley for the second time since I had shown up, I went to visit ACE custom steering with Manny to pick up our steering wheels. The wheels didn't show up in time for the fest unfortunately, but Manny was distracted from the bad news by two very fine looking young ladies.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Around 3:45 I had been looking around for a car to give my award to. GM had printed some VERY nice plaque type awards for each moderator to give out to their favorite car of the show. I was drawn to a very special white one. My award went to Phillyboy of California. The raised white lettering caught my interest as it was very unique and then with the amount of bling under the hood and attention to detail for all the mods he did, he deserved the award. He even painted the middle of his brake rotor so that the wheels would stand out more. That and all his chrome/stainless parts were white glove spotless!

Well done Phillyboy!
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Finally, the show was over. I snapped a few pics as people were taking off and packing up to go out for dinner one final time. I was able to park in front of the Flowmaster trailer for some pics to send to them and I was also able to get a couple shots unimpeded of the Berger camaros there people were drooling over all weekend.

And as a final suprise, Allan has come up with the keys to the ZL1. Allan, Doug and myself were giddy with excitement as we were able to sit in the car. Doug even kissed the rear emblem but I wasn't able to whip out my camera in time.

During the pictures of the Mod Squad and some with the GM team, Dana had decided to listen to Audrey and move Doug's car forward a little bit. She hadn't driven a manual transmission before and Doug was muttering to himself during the pictures that he could hear her moving it.

After the pictures he hopping in the passenger seat and for about 15 minutes taught her how to actually drive the car. She did a fantastic job and didn't stall it once. Congrats to her for accomplishment and Congrats to Doug for not having a heart attack and during the lesson.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I love looking at all these pics, hopefully the fest is closer to me next year, that would be so awesome to go to.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #14
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Yay, we can post now Sweet photos! Looks like a blast.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote