Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
CamaroSSRSL99
Heartbeat of America

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS, 1967 Camaro
2010 Camaro 2SSRS Window Issues

ANY SUGGESTIONS??!! I have a 2010 Camaro 2SSRS that I have been having window issues with. Took it to the local dealership TWICE, they stated it was the window tint and to have it removed and reapplied. I informed them that the issue did not start until over a YEAR after I had the tint. Took it to another dealership, 45 minutes away, they fixed the problem but it only lasted a week. It is an embarrassing issue to have for a newer vehicle. Taking it to the local dealership AGAIN, tomorrow. Who knows what excuse they are going to make this time.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
I noticed that my 2010 has that same exact streak/scratch going up and down this past November. It's not as bad as yours but I heavily believe that it's a design problem since it is also on the passenger side too. Coincidence? Eh... Nope!
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Xorak

Drives: ...
the scratch is in your tint.. nothing the dealer is going to do about that.

the squeak can be fixed with some armor-all. put some on a rag and apply it liberally in the creases of the rubber weatherstrip wherever the glass touches rubber but not where you see it on the glass. that will take care of your squeak.
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
CamaroSSRSL99
Heartbeat of America

I am not taking it in for scratched window tint. I can have the tint replaced, I have a lifetime warranty on it. I do not want to replace the tint and have the tint get scratched again. I want the problem fixed before I re-tint. If the problem was as simple as Armour All, I would have believe that the dealership would have fixed it. When the dealership finally fixed it, cleaned it all out, replaced the window molding/weatherstrip...it was fixed for about a week or so. NO noise whatsoever but it is back with a vengeance. I will see what happens today at the dealership.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Xorak

Drives: ...
dealerships don't have problem resolvers, they have parts changers. now that cars tell them what part to change, there's no need for anyone with a brain to resolve problems.

i've fixed plenty of squeaky window rubber with a little dab of armor-all as lube. give it a shot.
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
CamaroSSRSL99
Heartbeat of America

I was told that the window regulator was replaced and that they lubed everything up. Apparently, they fixed the problem. I won't know until I pick it up tomorrow. They are still waiting on other parts for other problems. Thanks for the input!