Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
1st club meeting of 2014 for Music City Camaro club

It was a cold day that started out with 1/2 +/- in of snow on hte ground that had largely cleared by meeting time. What remained however was enough salt/brine residue to turn the blacktop white and roads are riddled with potholes from freezing & thawing repeatedly. So, many of us left our Camaros sleeping in their nice cozy garages but several others ventured out with theirs. We welcomed some new members, discussed many options for events for the year and laid groundwork for adding more structure and organization to the club management. We had a great turnout, good food and fellowship and got some treatment for our Camaro-cabin fever. Here are some pics from the nice day:

(One member sold his Camaro before being deployed overseas and got a CTSV upon return so we are keeping him - LOL).
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
Jan

Now some pics of the people at the meeting (sorry some came out blurry (these were Iphone pics):
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Great turn out! Those are some nice cars.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
RubyCamaro
Jan

Hopefully club members will have some better pics to add but it was a great meeting to kick off what we hope is a great year of Camaro events!
Old 02-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Nice turn out. Wish I could have made it. I see we finally have a 14 model in the group.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:58 AM   #6
Black Beauty
"The Camaro Whisperer"

Drives: 2010&1969Camaros,03 Impala,76Nova
I would like to thank you all for attending our first meeting, and braving the cold. I enjoyed meeting you new members, and catching up with some others. I would like to thank everyone for their input. For those of you not present, we took a vote to begin club membership fees which past unanimously. The membership fees will be $10.00 per family, per year regardless of how many cars you have in the club. The membership gets you participation in all club meets, a vote in any changes to the club, and it's functions, and a membership card. Jordan, (Simman) volunteered to prepare the membership cards for us, as well as club cards we can pass out to potential members. Jan our V.P. will work with JoAnn to create our membership forms. Once they are ready we'll let you know. You'll need to get them filled out, and returned to Andy (Gynatek), our treasurer along with your $10.00 by the end of March this year, and March of every new year thereafter. We are a non profit club all fees will be used to provide for the needs of the club. Example: Club forms, cards, shelter for our Camaro Family Reunion day, charitable donations and to help provide some support for our members in time of need, etc. Andy will maintain our balances, and provide a detailed account of all transactions, and ending balance of current year. I hope everyone understands the need for the club membership fees, and all possess the willingness to help support this club.

Our club officers will meet saturday, Feb. 15th at Cracker Barrel Rivergate 1:00 to prepare our calender for this year. We'll have it posted by the end of this month. Some things may change through out the year, we'll address those changes as they arise, and dates are confirmed.

Some events that were discussed are as follows:

Cruise to the Jack Daniels Distillery, and camaro picture day.
Tail of the Dragon cruise
All Camaro Ladies Cruise, and Tea day
A cruise, and learn day of local automotive specialty shops, and possible lunch at Freeland Chevrolet
A cruise down Natchez Trace
A cruise and train ride.
Local weekly cruise -ins / Cars and Coffee
Autocross events / Holley Fest Beech Bend, GoodGuys Nationals Nashville LP Field etc.
Charitable events benefitting St. Judes, and Vanderbilt Children's Hospitals.
Spring Fling, and Fall Brawl
Music City Camaro Club, Central Kentucky Camaro Club, Scenic City Camaro Club, and Derby City Camaro Club Family Reunion Gathering Dale Hollow Lake
Camaro Fest Texas
Local Car shows
Drive-In Movie night Franklin KY.
Hotwheels convention Atlanta
Camaro Superfest Michigan
Fontanel Music City Camaro Club night out
All Chevy Nationals Atlanta Dragway
Sponsorship changes

If anyone has anything else they would like to add, or something I might have overlooked, please feel free to add to this post or contact me on my cell.

Sincerely,
Your Honorary President
Jeff Mayes
615-478-3805

I look forward to a fun filled cruising season.

Quote by the Camaro Whisperer:
Trophies do not make you a winner, it's the people you meet, and the sharing of knowledge to help others succeed along your journey to accepting the award, is what makes you a winner.
God Bless
Black Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:42 AM   #7
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Great turn out and looking forward to seeing lots of threads of Music City's 2014 events.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
SROD
THE ROD MAN

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS #631
great turn out!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
nice