Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
Bagheera_thecamaro
BAGHEERA

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
My V6 Exhaust Set-Up (Video w/ sounds)

Hey guys!

I just wanted to share my exhaust set-up with you. I know a lot of people are stilling looking for something, and personally, I really like my sound so I figured why not share it with the world. I have a BORLA ATAK Muffler and a Resonated X Pipe. I love it, especially the gurgle when I downshift. :-) Happy to answer any questions too!

Bagheera_thecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Sounds good. I've always liked the sound of Borla's.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Like that sound. Is the x-pipe for a V8 as well and what is the manufacturer and part number?

Nevermind about the mfg. I see in the vid splash page its a magnaflow.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:14 AM   #4
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera_thecamaro View Post
Hey guys!

I just wanted to share my exhaust set-up with you. I know a lot of people are stilling looking for something, and personally, I really like my sound so I figured why not share it with the world. I have a BORLA ATAK Muffler and a Resonated X Pipe. I love it, especially the gurgle when I downshift. :-) Happy to answer any questions too!

Love the setup . Couple of questions .

1. Any drone ??
2. I have a solo catback currently with the J pipes . Thinking of deleting just the mufflers and installing the borla atak mufflers leaving the J pipes in place to help minimize drone. Has anyone done this setup .or does anyone have any idea if this will work ?
Old 03-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr-camaro15 View Post
2. I have a solo catback currently with the J pipes . Thinking of deleting just the mufflers and installing the borla atak mufflers leaving the J pipes in place to help minimize drone. Has anyone done this setup .or does anyone have any idea if this will work ?
Finding someone that has that particular setup might be tough, but I had j-pipes installed on my exhaust (aforementioned x-pipe then straight-pipe back) and the j-pipes do reduce drone quite a bit. J-pipes are j-pipes and will reduce any drone you have so I can't see that idea not working for any reason.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #6
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Finding someone that has that particular setup might be tough, but I had j-pipes installed on my exhaust (aforementioned x-pipe then straight-pipe back) and the j-pipes do reduce drone quite a bit. J-pipes are j-pipes and will reduce any drone you have so I can't see that idea not working for any reason.
appreciate the response. I'll probably do the xpipe then straight pipe it with the j pipes in place. .do u have any sound clips.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:08 PM   #7
Bagheera_thecamaro
BAGHEERA

Quote:
Love the setup . Couple of questions .

1. Any drone ??
My resonated X pipe kills the drone sound alot, but quiets my car a bit. I was actually recommended a J pipe by someone whoses worked with Borla before, so I think you're headed in the right direction.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:10 PM   #8
Bagheera_thecamaro
BAGHEERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
Like that sound. Is the x-pipe for a V8 as well and what is the manufacturer and part number?

Nevermind about the mfg. I see in the vid splash page its a magnaflow.
The only difference between the V8 and V6 x pipes will be the size of the inlet and outlet. For a V6 LFX, you'll need 2.50 inch to 2.25 inch, a converter can fix that. So if you find a good deal on a 3.0 to 2.5 inch all you need is a 2.50 to 2.25 inch pipe converter.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:05 PM   #9
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Very nice! Your explanation was text book! Thank you very much for the education.

Larry
Old 03-27-2018, 03:31 AM   #10
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
Sounds really good man.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:39 AM   #11
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Quote:
appreciate the response. I'll probably do the xpipe then straight pipe it with the j pipes in place. .do u have any sound clips.
I don't have any sound clips (don't really have an appropriate recording device to do such a thing) but I do like it - along with a cold air intake is sounds bad ass when you step on it, but even during normal driving it's pretty satisfying. I know there are clips out there with that same setup, although I don't have any links for you.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:46 AM   #12
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
I think Mariah's Camaro really sound nice and she done one heck of a job explaining everything. I have started sourcing the parts, as understood you would need the Borla ATAK axle back exhaust system #11851. The best price I can find so far is between Summit and Phastek coming in at $724.00 with free shipping. Summit has the best price on the Magnaflow resonated X pipe #11386 at $107.19 with free shipping.

When you ad the Magnaflow resonated X pipe you will also need TWO adapters being the V6 pipes are 2.25" while the new V8 system your installing is 2.50".

I am still going to look around to see if any Borla sales comes along, hopefully so.

Again, thanks to Mariah for not only her video but for the great enthusiasm she has for HER Camaro! You go girl!
Old 03-28-2018, 12:01 PM   #13
Bagheera_thecamaro
BAGHEERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
I think Mariah's Camaro really sound nice and she done one heck of a job explaining everything. I have started sourcing the parts, as understood you would need the Borla ATAK axle back exhaust system #11851. The best price I can find so far is between Summit and Phastek coming in at $724.00 with free shipping. Summit has the best price on the Magnaflow resonated X pipe #11386 at $107.19 with free shipping.

When you ad the Magnaflow resonated X pipe you will also need TWO adapters being the V6 pipes are 2.25" while the new V8 system your installing is 2.50".

I am still going to look around to see if any Borla sales comes along, hopefully so.

Again, thanks to Mariah for not only her video but for the great enthusiasm she has for HER Camaro! You go girl!

You're a doll! haha thank you so much - and also thank you for sourcing the parts! It's almost Easter, perhaps they'll have a sale soon.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #14
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Have the same setup, with a maganaflo X pipe, except Im using Flowmasters from a V8 in the rear- sounds amazing - special note too: you lose a little power off the line, but it doesnt sound all ricey like some V6's Ive heard. still working on trying to lose more drone inside the car tho.
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote