Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #29
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgg60 View Post
NOPE!!! Just tried it! Still doesn't disable Stupid Hill Annoyance!!

Next!.........
Agreed. I've tried this a bunch of times, and again just now. Doesn't turn the HSA off in my car.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #30
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
well I have simply disabled TC with one push and Stabilitrack, with the double click. I have never held the button for an "eight count" when shutting off the TC. I will try that.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #31
MPHS_AGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange LandShark View Post
well I have simply disabled TC with one push and Stabilitrack, with the double click. I have never held the button for an "eight count" when shutting off the TC. I will try that.
It doesn't work ! I tried today and it didn't disable it. Of course you should try and see if your's reacts differently.

I reviewed some schematics today and found that the output from the yaw sensor is a single serial data stream. I was hoping for separate outputs for each axis so that the pitch could be isolated. Using the sensor output will require a method to analyze the serial data and modify it to remove the pitch signal. That is way above my pay grade! Anybody else have other (easier) ideas?

The communication schematic and connector information are attached.
Attached Images

2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #32
MPHS_AGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Other photo...
Attached Images

2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #33
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Can you post a diagram with the exact location of the Multi-Axis Acceleration Sensor? I heard it's somewhere under the center console, but having a specific location would be handy before tearing things apart randomly.

I would still like to test unplugging it. Should get a Stabilitrak error on the display, but as long as there no chime, I might be able to live with that. Rather have no Stabilitrak and a warning light, than HSA.
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #34
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHS_AGM View Post
It doesn't work ! I tried today and it didn't disable it. Of course you should try and see if your's reacts differently.

I reviewed some schematics today and found that the output from the yaw sensor is a single serial data stream. I was hoping for separate outputs for each axis so that the pitch could be isolated. Using the sensor output will require a method to analyze the serial data and modify it to remove the pitch signal. That is way above my pay grade! Anybody else have other (easier) ideas?

The communication schematic and connector information are attached.

did not work for me either
Old 05-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #35
bandit4008

Drives: 2012 SS
All we should have to do is change the angle on the sensor to be tilted down a few degees. That way the system will think we are not on a upward hill and not activate
bandit4008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #36
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit4008 View Post
All we should have to do is change the angle on the sensor to be tilted down a few degees. That way the system will think we are not on a upward hill and not activate
But is that sensor involved with the stabilitrac or traction control? I do not even have my car yet, let alone the cool manuals some of you have, but to me, those two systems seem important in saving tires for when it matters. I do not think you want them malfunctioning, but again I do not have my car yet, so I may be way off base. Killing the hill assist may be worth any other penalty!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #37
strokerls1

Drives: 2015 Charger Hellcat
Quote:
Not a smart idea...other modules use the yaw sensor not just HSA. It will have to be a programming modification and not a physical modification. I will ask my friend who readily has access to a tech2. When I was a Mercedes tech, I could go into any module and manually adjust the different options and coding on a car, weather it had that specific option or code. I can see if the tech2 will give the same capability. The above diagram only shows signal path, which means only the bcm can turn off HSA
strokerls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #38
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
If you do that then HSA will activate every time you back up.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #39
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
My tuner is going to look into this with GM Tech2 when im in the shop next to pick up my Skip Shift Eliminator, if it works we will share what needs to be changed to stop HSA with everyone but chances are you will need a Tech2 or someone with access to one.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #40
bandit4008

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
If you do that then HSA will activate every time you back up.
I don't think it works that way. I have been stopped at a light before pointing downhill and HSA did not activate
bandit4008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #41
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
It will also engage when facing down hill so now you would increase the activity of this feature when facing down hill. I know that it activated facing down hill because it did it to me in my driveway.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #42
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
I don't think it works that way. I have been stopped at a light before pointing downhill and HSA did not activate
He meant backing up an incline in Reverse. HSA does activate in that situation. Changing the angle of the sensor would make your HSA activate while in Reverse, even on a flat surface.

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote