Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #1
Soozie18

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Bluetooth Question

So, I just bought a 2012 Camaro last month and was messing with the Bluetooth settings. Color me stupid, but aren't I supposed to be getting all sound from my phone thru my speakers? I'm only getting calls.

Also, before I make a CD, does it play mp3 files on a disc, or do they have to be formatted for CD players? I'm a total newbie to this and bought me a bad ass ride for my 38th birthday (midlife crisis) as opposed to driving SUV's for 20 years. Completely different experience!

Cheers.
Soozie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #2
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
You should be able to hear calls, music and whatever hands free options your phone has but Some phones don't pair well with this car. With the CD player you'll have to refer to the owners manual to see what formats it will play.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:13 PM   #3
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
when cycling through your inputs, does your car have "bluetooth audio"? i can't remember if certain trim levels for 2012 dont' have BT music, if not you may end up having ot hook up your phone to the AUX port in your center console.

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #4
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
think in terms of more than one channel.
your phone calls are always connected but music and other sound from phone goes through the source switch Bluetooth sound
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
Soozie18

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
The manual explains somewhat of a toggle. Can't figure this ish out. Sirius radio will do, but the good stuff comes on the weekends. I use the auxillary but living in the desert, I often get buffering. BT would be the same I guess. I'll probably just put my music on my phone and use thru aux. I just ordered a monster sound system....hope auxiliary doesn't effect the quality.
Soozie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:54 AM   #6
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Not 100% on this, but you may be subject to the same thing as me. Early radios did not stream Bluetooth audio, you had to use an aux cable. With the introduction of MyLink Bluetooth streaming became common, but with the old style radio I don't think you can stream...sorry.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:54 AM   #7
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
I do not beleive the LS model has bluetooth streaming. My old 2010 2LT did though. You had to pair it twice; Once to hands free link, then again to BT audio.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:31 AM   #8
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
The base LS model does not have the PDIM to stream the audio bluetooth. But you can add a bluetooth receiver like I did, it works and sounds great.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #9
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Open up your center console, underneath the aux port, do you have a USB port?

If so, then you most likely have the PDIM to stream the audio. If not, then you just have the basic bluetooth which allows for phone calls only.

I personally just use the aux cable and live with it. I believe there is better sound through that than any bluetooth that I've used. Saves on battery life too.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #10
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
I have a 2012 SS with the premium boston stereo with bluetooth and I stream the music from my phone onto the cars stereo over bluetooth every day.

The stereo has 2x bluetooth receivers built into it. One for phone calls and one for Music/streaming. When going through the bluetooth settings you need to make sure youre stopped with the E-brake ON. If when you paired your Phone if it didnt give you "GM Music Connect" as an option to pair too, than this is what you do.

1) Stereo on
2) Press the AUX button (it should says "No AUX input" if you have nothing connected)
3) Press the 'Config' button, scroll down to Bluetooth device
4) Select and pair your device to "GM Music Connect' on your phone, use the matching pair code

All done.

Now, even though your phone could be connected to the stereo and show the bluetooth symbol on the stereo, it doesnt mean it will work as a bluetooth streaming device. Often when I get into my car, obviously have bluetooth enabled on the phone already and when you have the stereo on, select AUX, press the 'select' button in the middle of the right spin-knob, select Connect to blueooth device' and than choose your phone which you previously paired.

You might have to manually connect this way every time you start the car, but its simple to do as long as the device has already been previously paired.

You should have 2x separate bluetooth paired devices on your phone now.

Open your MUSIC player app on the phone and enjoy. The steering wheel controls allow you to go UP and DOWN through the song tracks but the stereo doesnt display the song title info but the sounds works!

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #11
azrael618

Drives: 2012 camaro ss/rs
Anyone have problems pairing to phone only?

Hi all, I just recently purchased a 2012 Camaro ss/rs also, looks like a lot of us had here lol. Anyways I have the weirdest thing going on, ive been reading post after post and I cant find anyone who is having a similar problem. I have a galaxy s6 edge and I can connect to the gmusiconnect with no problem, the usb works as well as everything else ive tried so far except one thing which is the phone pairing. I go the the normal setup with the config button and what not. When I do the pair and search for the phone the your vehicle device should appear. I have used 5 different phones now to see if it was just a galaxy s6 problem but nobodys phone can seem to discover it. after doing several searches it just keeps coming back empty. Any ideas to what could be wrong?
azrael618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:30 PM   #12
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael618 View Post
Hi all, I just recently purchased a 2012 Camaro ss/rs also, looks like a lot of us had here lol. Anyways I have the weirdest thing going on, ive been reading post after post and I cant find anyone who is having a similar problem. I have a galaxy s6 edge and I can connect to the gmusiconnect with no problem, the usb works as well as everything else ive tried so far except one thing which is the phone pairing. I go the the normal setup with the config button and what not. When I do the pair and search for the phone the your vehicle device should appear. I have used 5 different phones now to see if it was just a galaxy s6 problem but nobodys phone can seem to discover it. after doing several searches it just keeps coming back empty. Any ideas to what could be wrong?
I had a similar problem. To correct it, I went into the radios settings and reset it to the factory default.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:54 PM   #13
vegas girl

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS BRM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael618 View Post
Hmmmm......can't help.... BUT I too have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. It's actually my only phone I was able to pair to the Camaro by myself(I usually go to T Mobile)on the very first attempt...just followed the step by step instructions in Chevy manual....maybe I got lucky because trust me I'm not tech savvy in the least.

2013 2LT/RS BRM Convertible
vegas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:01 AM   #14
azrael618

Drives: 2012 camaro ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer098 View Post
I had a similar problem. To correct it, I went into the radios settings and reset it to the factory default.
Do you mean the factory reset under vehicle settings? I couldn't find that under radio settings but either way I did that and it still doesn't show up, anyone know if the phone bluetooth module is the same module for the bluetooth music? I swear it has to be a bad, this is just crazy lol. I've followed the manual to the t and even tried every other way that I can think of, even through the steering wheel lol. Nothing ever shows up under available devices. GMusiconnect works perfect all the time, and it's not a method problem on how I'm doing either, have paired phones to different vehicles for years. Just trying to figure out what's broke, somethings gotta be broke lol.
azrael618 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, bluetooth, phone, wireless