Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #1457
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
then you and gt500 please stop with the innuendos and doublespeak and lay it out for us how it went down.
I really would like to know what the true facts are.
THIS! x1000
Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #1458
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
T
T
T
T

Noone denies the first 4.
5 is the standard answer, because that is usually how insurance works.
Call your OWN insurance provider, and run the scenario by them.

I called my State Farm agent, and they said this is called "subrogation." Hope I spelled it right...

They, as insurance for the car, would pay the claim, and then go after the dealer's insurance (subrogation) to cover the loss.

She mentioned another scenario she recently had...

Valet parker takes car for a joyride vs parking it, and damaged it. She (SF) paid the claim, and they went after the Hotel for recovery of damages.

She mentioned specifically, "Custody, Care, and Control" in regards to both scenarios, first being dealer responsibility, second being the hotel responsibility, in those two cases.

A little clearer?

She said it also MAY depend upon the particular insurance. She said SF does it as a matter of course, as it would speed things up, vs the lossee having to sue the at-fault party's insurance, and dragging it out if they weren't paying the loss in a timely manner.
So, what you are saying is that 5 is also true?
Now, back to when you called me ignorant. I'm not clear on your logic here. You've validated all 5 statements as true and called me ignorant. Much appreciated on that. Thanks.

5 is still true. (I've always known that, tyvm. but shouldn't the dealer offer up their insurance information? As I understand it, they did not. <insert one of your scenarios> 2 parties, accident, exchange information <end scenario> That's just ballsy rude. Did the dealer offer their information?)
Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #1459
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Two words: Cubic Zirconia

Straight face, mmmmm, you might have me on that one. Maybe tell her while watching the latest comedy movie on video, so you're laughing at the tv?
I dunno man...

I might've used up all of my stupidity goodwill when she allowed me to get my BMW motorcycle in November. Might be pushing my luck.

Damn sexy cars, though.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #1460
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ572 View Post
But, I did want to comment on the vendors here who are offering to ease the pain a little. It speaks volumes of your service, and I know I can feel confident in your business. Needless to say, a LED Interior upgrade, a cold-air intake, and a nice sway bar will fit nicely for upcoming birthdays, and I'd like you to know you've caught the attention and gained a customer who might have not known about your business, had it not been for your class act in this matter! Thank you, Diode Dynamics, CAI, and PFADT!
Thank you, we really appreciate that!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #1461
Sharkonwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
So, what you are saying is that 5 is also true?
Now, back to when you called me ignorant. I'm not clear on your logic here. You've validated all 5 statements as true and called me ignorant. Much appreciated on that. Thanks.

5 is still true. (I've always known that, tyvm. but shouldn't the dealer offer up their insurance information? As I understand it, they did not. <insert one of your scenarios> 2 parties, accident, exchange information <end scenario> That's just ballsy rude. Did the dealer offer their information?)
You have me confused... THAT was not me, but that phrase actually means that's it's a different story when you don't know everything.

Doesn't literally mean he was calling you ignorant!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #1462
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
You have me confused... THAT was not me, but that phrase actually means that's it's a different story when you don't know everything.

Doesn't literally mean he was calling you ignorant!
You're right. wasn't you. I apologize on that. Sorry.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #1463
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
I dunno man...

I might've used up all of my stupidity goodwill when she allowed me to get my BMW motorcycle in November. Might be pushing my luck.

Damn sexy cars, though.

Get rid of the bike; you made a rash decission!!!!! Feed her mind a lil bit. Im sure you know how to play this game! LOL
Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #1464
Sharkonwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 436SS View Post
Get rid of the bike; you made a rash decission!!!!! Feed her mind a lil bit. Im sure you know how to play this game! LOL
Niiiiiiiiice! Was that intended?!?

Dude... the bike is reeeeeeally nice, though.

K1300GT Sport Tourer. loaded, all options. Heated seats. Heated Grips. Electric windshield. Electronic suspension. Electronic cruise control. BMW/Garmin navi. Traction/stability control. ABS with partial-linked brakes.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #1465
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
that is true, perhaps unproven is the better description of his accusations.
but then that leads to why, without knowing the whole story, he went from just defending the dealer to attacking the Hooper's intentions?
just reading the PQ posts that I quoted, I wouldnt say that is level headed.
I got stronger in text because I was groing ever more baffled at the one sided opinions when we only had one side of the story.

Again, I do not know John Hooper or his wife. Don't think that I did not see that it may appear as if I were blasting the man personally.

Tell you what .... Go back and read them again and just put 'Person X' in all of my references of Hooper and put 'Person Y' in all of my references of the dealer. That's all I was saying. I said 'The OP' many times to try and keep that conveyance. My points were in that intention. Only as to how it appeared to me.

But never mind the appearance of me attacking John and his wife. My only intention was to try and get everyone to see that we only have one side of a complex story.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #1466
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
We've gone as far as we can with this thread

We're closed

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1