Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #99
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Mine was finally finished last week. The oil pan was not sealed all the way and you could actually see corrosion where there was no seal. By replacing the oil pan, I was told the gaskets on the oil cooler were also changed. The rear main seal is new, the oil pan is new and all gaskets on the oil cooler replaced. So far, no leak. They did not have to take down the front fascia. The suspension was involved to get to the oil pan. The car is driving and handling as new at this time. I hope this is the last problem I have. It's somewhat disappointing on a car with only 1700 miles to have this happen. I think this should be a recall.
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #100
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Seems like a few of us are winners of the triple crown here.

1) Oil cooler
2) Oil pan
3) Rear main

Welcome to the club, George.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #101
george
ZL1 Driver

I have not had any trouble since the work. It seems dry. so far...

Regards.

George
Old 06-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #102
george
ZL1 Driver

I found oil on the garage again. Took the car to a local dealer and I looked under the engine. All seals looked dry but noticed oil coming from the hollow frame support below the engine. I'm hoping it was just the oil that was trapped in there after the pan was dropped. I'll keep everyone posted.

George
Old 06-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #103
Hannibal

It's possible but not likely. Trapped oil in the frame tubing should have run out days after it was spilled in there, not a month later.

I hope you don't have to tear up your car again.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #104
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I called Classic Chevy about mine. yesterday. Asked the service mgr if he had heard if it is common and he said he hadn't heard about it. He then went on to tell me how they serviced the most Chevy in all of TX...blah, blah, blah. I got the old "take the forums with a grain of salt" and "it's not a normal issue".

I'm not saying it's normal but I don't think it's uncommon. Anyway, he said it would probably be more than something I would want to wait on a Saturday morning. So, I'm waiting until after the July 4th holiday just in case they end up wanting to keep it and then make me wait during the holiday.

I'm extremely nervous about leaving my car at a dealership. I just really scared they will screw something else up. Plus I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't give me some grief about it having headers and a tune.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #105
Hannibal

All dealers tell you to ingore the forum. It's an ignorant thing to tell a customer.

I hope your oil leak adventure goes smoother than mine. I spent about 45 days sorting out the mess.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #106
hoffmk2003
The Hof

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm on 2 weeks right now, they replaced the oil pan gasket and it still leaked now the oil cooler. I'm picking it up today.........it better be right and not all screwed up.

Ken
#6 Bolt on Fast List...best ET 12.01@117 mph
http://www.streetfire.net/video/best...ro_2240734.htm
hoffmk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #107
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I called Classic Chevy about mine. yesterday. Asked the service mgr if he had heard if it is common and he said he hadn't heard about it. He then went on to tell me how they serviced the most Chevy in all of TX...blah, blah, blah. I got the old "take the forums with a grain of salt" and "it's not a normal issue".

I'm not saying it's normal but I don't think it's uncommon. Anyway, he said it would probably be more than something I would want to wait on a Saturday morning. So, I'm waiting until after the July 4th holiday just in case they end up wanting to keep it and then make me wait during the holiday.

I'm extremely nervous about leaving my car at a dealership. I just really scared they will screw something else up. Plus I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't give me some grief about it having headers and a tune.
I am sorry to hear about the concern you are experiencing. Please let us know how everything goes at the dealership. Also if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at any time!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #108
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I am sorry to hear about the concern you are experiencing. Please let us know how everything goes at the dealership. Also if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at any time!

Brandon
Will do. I hope my fears are wrong but I've seen other threads where someone takes in their car for say an engine issue and it comes back with a scratch in the seat or on the steering wheel or something similar. Then it's your word against theirs.

Now I also see threads here where they are taking 2 weeks and then 45 days to fix the oil cooler. I just hope it doesn't become an issue.

In addition I always think about "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #109
hoffmk2003
The Hof

Got mine back, other than a few scratches under the hood it looks and drives as good as new.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #110
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmk2003 View Post
I'm on 2 weeks right now, they replaced the oil pan gasket and it still leaked now the oil cooler. I'm picking it up today.........it better be right and not all screwed up.

Ken
Please let us know if your dealership was able to address the concern you have been having. I know that unexpected repair costs can be frustrating. I am looking forward to your updates.

Brandon
Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #111
hoffmk2003
The Hof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know if your dealership was able to address the concern you have been having. I know that unexpected repair costs can be frustrating. I am looking forward to your updates.

Brandon
Thanks Brandon,

So far so good, I won't know for sure it is fixed until I drive it for a while and then go ahead and get it in the air and see if the pan is wet. So far from what I Can tell from peeking under it all is well and it is dry as bone.

Ken
Old 08-31-2012, 04:05 PM   #112
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
Looks like I might get to join the club. While I was getting my suspension bushings, sways, brakes upgraded, the shop owner found the same issue. I could almost copy the picture already posted and submit it here. On to the dealer after the Labor day weekend to see what happens next. From the posts, I will confirm that they will use dye, and bring up that the oil cooler can make it seem other items are the culprit. Thanks for those that posted in here. One side question, I know every company has turn over but I saw 4 different Chevy service responders on this thread and they all were not aware of this. The owner of the shop new it was an issue with that area since he has seen it before even on his camaro. My car has 22,000 didn't notice oil leaking so maybe this was caught early? but doubt it.
I keep you posted....
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote