Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
What Mod(s) Did You 'get away with' And Still Use Warranty?

I mean, what did the dealer 'overlook' when granting warranty repairs in your case?
Old 08-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #2
Moto-Mojo

Apparently this thread needs some stimulus: V6 vs V8? WHICH IS BETTER?
Old 08-05-2017, 10:05 AM   #3
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I'm tuned and just had some minor Powertrain Warranty work a week or so ago.... took my car in for a rear diff fluid change and they forgot the Friction modifier. Noticed the car groaned more than an old lady in the morning when she hadn't had her prunes LOL.

So I called them up and they agreed to make it right. Then the SA called me back and said there was a TSB for my car that used a newer and better fluid and the rear axle seals needed replacing due to not being compatible with the new fluid. Said PT Warranty would cover it & it did.

I left the tune on my car when I took it in. One because I wasn't trying to hide it and 2 was curious if they would check or notice it when test driving the car. Nothing was said even though the TSB required the car to driven in figure 8's after the service to distribute the fluid.

Perhaps he couldn't tell but if the trans had been in Sport Mode during the test it would be very obvious no doubt. My car looks stock though no CAI or anything so perhaps that makes a difference too. My PT is done in November anyways though.

Oh and I vote V8!

Last edited by qcman; 08-05-2017 at 10:25 AM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #4
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I always told them up front. Never had an issue.....but then again, I only had it in once for warranty.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
Moto-Mojo

I've only had minor non-drivetrain warranty work done. I'm glad to hear the tune made it through. All I have a GM CAI and muffler delete. No hiding that. I think my dealer is somewhat mod friendly. If anyone knows of John L Sullivan in Roseville, CA being otherwise, plz advise!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:52 PM   #6
Lndryguru

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
i took my 2013 ss for radiator under warranty i did say anything they didnt say anything have cold air intake shorty headers and programmer